Dec 07, 2016, 01:56 AM
Just another user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Bill
Just to clarify, the 1W/1.5W "receiver" will have better range with respect to the telemetry it is broadcasting back to our DL transmitters. It won't increase the radio control range, correct?

In other words, without telemetry, the new receiver is the same as the existing receivers as far as range is concerned.

Please let me know. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jule
It will increase everything.....One way and and both way.....
Well, the sensitivity should be slightly better, but it will be a minimal difference compared to the difference in telemetry range. The main advantage is similar rc and Telemetry range.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2016, 02:00 AM
Just another user
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1
Sounds good Mike! It's on my calendar!
Will the DL Tx require a different FW version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpina
does the 1w RX set output power auto like TX ?
Yes, there is a minor change in the tx firmware too, to support the new RX.
Also, there is some new Led indications implemented, to clarify modes etc.
Dec 07, 2016, 02:40 AM
ParisDakar my Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie
Well, the sensitivity should be slightly better, but it will be a minimal difference compared to the difference in telemetry range. The main advantage is similar rc and Telemetry range.
HI Dennis,

We didn't understand what do you mean by "minimal difference .....", are you comparing the 1W vs 1.5W or the 1W to 25mW?
Dec 07, 2016, 03:22 AM
ParisDakar my Life
Quote:
We designed this setup based on the Pixhawk 2 and the Mauch Power module and BEC also.

What do you think about it?
Do you think the RF electronics should not be powered from the same servo power. It should or can be powered from same as primary? is it correct?
Dec 07, 2016, 05:34 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Just to clarify, the 1W/1.5W "receiver" will have better range with respect to the telemetry it is broadcasting back to our DL transmitters. It won't increase the radio control range, correct?

In other words, without telemetry, the new receiver is the same as the existing receivers as far as range is concerned.

Please let me know. Thanks.
The V3 advanced system has a range of well over 50 KILOMETERS with stock antennas, and 200 KILOMETERS with a Yagi on the Transmitter. Do you need more RC range ??? If anyone is running into RC range limitations with Dragon Link, they probably have a major problem in their setup.

To answer your question, telemetry range will be be improved by a HUGE AMOUNT, and RC range improved a noticable amount also. We have not tested in flight yet, so release will be with BETA firmware. We are spending a lot of money to make the first batch of these, I have every confidence that the performance of this new RX will be just amazing

Mike
Last edited by JettPilot; Dec 07, 2016 at 05:40 AM.
Dec 07, 2016, 05:43 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Do you think the RF electronics should not be powered from the same servo power. It should or can be powered from same as primary? is it correct?
You can use the same regulator for the 1500 mW receiver, and servos also, no problem at all. The setup in your picture is exactly what I have in some of my planes. I love that the Castle Creations 20 AMP BEC's have programmable voltage output, so I can use them for 12 Volts also.

Mike
Dec 07, 2016, 11:57 AM
Please don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan and supporter of Dragonlink for the past 6 years now. I don't need more range than what is currently provided, but as you note, a longer range system gives you more confidence flying at shorter ranges when something goes wrong (which it inevitably does).

What I'm trying to understand, and I believe I'm now getting it, is that the idea behind this new more powerful Receiver is that it will have a similar radio range to the current receivers but the telemetry coming back will be comparable to the range of the radio signal going out. In other words, we can fly 50 kilometers out and still get telemetry coming back to us at that distance. If so, that's pretty spectacular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
The V3 advanced system has a range of well over 50 KILOMETERS with stock antennas, and 200 KILOMETERS with a Yagi on the Transmitter. Do you need more RC range ??? If anyone is running into RC range limitations with Dragon Link, they probably have a major problem in their setup.

To answer your question, telemetry range will be be improved by a HUGE AMOUNT, and RC range improved a noticable amount also. We have not tested in flight yet, so release will be with BETA firmware. We are spending a lot of money to make the first batch of these, I have every confidence that the performance of this new RX will be just amazing

Mike
Dec 07, 2016, 12:37 PM
I can't get my dragonlink V2 in binding mode, let it be any mode. It goes always straight from flickering to solid green light, so I have at least a solid PPM connection. Doesn't matter how long I hold the binding button. I hold the button before switching my transmitter on and keep holding it, but the light keeps being solid green, doesn't even switch off for ID change for example.

I'm using a Taranis

Please help me
Dec 07, 2016, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by driesvdb
I can't get my dragonlink V2 in binding mode, let it be any mode. It goes always straight from flickering to solid green light, so I have at least a solid PPM connection. Doesn't matter how long I hold the binding button. I hold the button before switching my transmitter on and keep holding it, but the light keeps being solid green, doesn't even switch off for ID change for example.

I'm using a Taranis

Please help me
Are you holding the button down while powering the system on? That's how you select a mode. Pushing the button while the system is already on just sets the failsafe values.
Dec 07, 2016, 02:33 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:

What I'm trying to understand, and I believe I'm now getting it, is that the idea behind this new more powerful Receiver is that it will have a similar radio range to the current receivers but the telemetry coming back will be comparable to the range of the radio signal going out. In other words, we can fly 50 kilometers out and still get telemetry coming back to us at that distance. If so, that's pretty spectacular.
Hi Infernal Bill,

You got it, I could not have said it better myself. Of course telemetry range always depends on data rate selected, GPS telemetry should be 50 + Kilometers, Full Mavlink telemetry is high data rate and will be less. But in all cases, telemetry range will be increased many times over.

Mike
Last edited by JettPilot; Dec 07, 2016 at 02:45 PM.
Dec 07, 2016, 02:43 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by driesvdb

I'm using a Taranis

Please help me
Hi Driesvdb,

When the transmitter is on, and you push the button, does the LED turn RED ? If not, it sounds like a dirty button that is just not working... I would clean the button out with some rubbing alcohol, push the button with alcohol in it and move it around while pushing, then rinse with some more alcohol. Put a fan on to blow on the button for an hour, to make sure everything is totally DRY, then power it and see if that fixes it.

Mike
Dec 07, 2016, 05:23 PM
Team JetiUSA and TailDraggerRC

order status

Mike,
I made 2 orders but I only received one of them. One is showing up in the dashboard but the other is not. I received 102497 but have not seen 102550. It's also odd that 102550 does not show up except for PayPal. Unfortunately the trainer cords are the part I desperately need.
Dec 07, 2016, 05:48 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgto
Mike,
I made 2 orders but I only received one of them. One is showing up in the dashboard but the other is not. I received 102497 but have not seen 102550. It's also odd that 102550 does not show up except for PayPal. Unfortunately the trainer cords are the part I desperately need.
Hi slowgto,

Your order 102550 is in the system, no problem, and will ship immediately. Being that you are here in Florida, it should arrive in one day on Friday.

Mike
Dec 07, 2016, 06:10 PM
I have some questions about the receiver antenna.
There is grey glue over an electronic element. What is it?
Can I shorten the black coax cable by cutting it and soldering it to this little board? What RG cable is it?
I would like to build a stand for the antenna about 4” high. Does anyone know a ready to go solution?
Can I use a receiver antenna from another UHF system? It’s already built into one of my models.
Dec 07, 2016, 06:42 PM
ParisDakar my Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
You can use the same regulator for the 1500 mW receiver, and servos also, no problem at all. The setup in your picture is exactly what I have in some of my planes. I love that the Castle Creations 20 AMP BEC's have programmable voltage output, so I can use them for 12 Volts also.

Mike
HI Mike,

I was thinking if we can use this setup for better cleaner power and RF noise. What do you think?
Last edited by Jule; Dec 07, 2016 at 06:50 PM.

Quick Reply