Oct 19, 2011, 07:58 PM
Build Something
I'd be recessing the coax also. It makes a nice flow separator with it taped on top of the wing like that, and at best would make the stall characteristics uneven.

sub
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2011, 08:01 PM
Nakelp
I believe this cable is only temp till he tries and if all works well :-)
Oct 19, 2011, 08:08 PM
Suspended Account
Everything temporary. On my second reaper the DL will be at the wing tip and everything will be pretty much buried into the wing.

So should I put some tape on the bottom wire and tape it back against the wing? Instead of letting it flop?

Just trying to get some input. I'm sure it's fine. I set up RSSI and will keep an eye on that when flying.
Oct 19, 2011, 09:23 PM

Futaba 10CAG

Hi guys. Im having a problem connecting my dragonlink to my Futaba Tx. I have a 10ch model T10CG (2.4G with no removable module). I connected the Dl transmitter to the trainer port supposingly the right way but although the Dlink seems to be working I cannot do the pairing which probbably means I dont have ppm or somthin...another thing is I cannot find a way to get it working in a ppm mode, or rather I dont know in which mode its working anyway...can anybody help please??? manuals found in this link http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/10cg-2_4ghz-manual.pdf

I have that same transmitter and I learned from Futaba that it is only in the PPM mode of transmission. I suggest if you are getting green blinking lights on the transmitter you see if a different receiver will do the trick. I had to switch out mine. What is the status of your LEDs on the DL transmitter?
Oct 19, 2011, 09:45 PM
Nakelp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
Everything temporary. On my second reaper the DL will be at the wing tip and everything will be pretty much buried into the wing.

So should I put some tape on the bottom wire and tape it back against the wing? Instead of letting it flop?

Just trying to get some input. I'm sure it's fine. I set up RSSI and will keep an eye on that when flying.
Whats he said is about uneven drag on the wing because the wire breaks the air flow it acts as different foil of the wing. Sure dont let the cable flap so tape it all the way.
and dont fly first time with goggles because u may have to re trim the plane if you notice any differences. Then once you burry the cable in the wing you may trim it again. But for quick test it shouldnt be a big problem
Oct 19, 2011, 10:20 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Whats he said is about uneven drag on the wing because the wire breaks the air flow it acts as different foil of the wing. Sure dont let the cable flap so tape it all the way.
and dont fly first time with goggles because u may have to re trim the plane if you notice any differences. Then once you burry the cable in the wing you may trim it again. But for quick test it shouldnt be a big problem
Yeah I'll probably need to trim without a doubt. And ah I got you I'll tape the wire so it's facing the tail end of the plane? Or nose?

I'm getting a bunch of 24" servo wires I ordered so I can make everything neater and hidden
Oct 20, 2011, 02:26 AM

Dragon Link DX7 problem

Hi everybody,

Got my Dragon Link but it looks defective (
Servo starts working after 20-30 seconds RX powered and
stops in few seconds. Sounds like RX going to failsafe.

-tried to rebind with no result.
-tried dummy plug into the trainer port with no result.

IMG 0064 (1 min 16 sec)

What I have to do next?

Thank you!

mike
Oct 20, 2011, 05:30 AM
Fly 3D Mon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newandaddicted View Post
OK, first off, just got my DL (super fast shipping) and was absolutely shocked that I had it linked up to my futaba and working LITERALLY in 5 minutes. The online instructions didn't inspire confidence but it was super easy!

Now...

I hate asking a question thats been discussed a million times but reading about I've got nervous! So do excuse me...

Its about the RSSI pins. From what I gather I need to connect the topmost pin of the Rx (SMA connector up on the new 12CH ones) to the middle pin of Temp 1 of my EagleTree eLogger.

Could someone please shout if I'm about to blow up either...

Thanks and sorry...
Yes put it in the middle pin of temp 1 for the ET.
Oct 20, 2011, 06:30 AM
Build Something
Are both the resistors included supposed to be the same value?

The Futaba installation instructions call for a 10k resistor between the PPM and +10V wire, which my system needs, and a 1K resistor from gnd to LED connection. Mine needs this too as the RF light is out.

By my eyes, both the resistors look to be the same value, but they are tiny and I could be wrong.

sub.
Oct 20, 2011, 07:40 AM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mix171717 View Post
Hi everybody,

Got my Dragon Link but it looks defective (
Servo starts working after 20-30 seconds RX powered and
stops in few seconds. Sounds like RX going to failsafe.

-tried to rebind with no result.
-tried dummy plug into the trainer port with no result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzmz00SgX1Q

What I have to do next?

Thank you!

mike
Hi,

This sounds like a calibration issue. I will send you a new receiver right away. PM me your full name and address, and it will go in the mail today.

Mike
Oct 20, 2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
Are both the resistors included supposed to be the same value?

The Futaba installation instructions call for a 10k resistor between the PPM and +10V wire, which my system needs, and a 1K resistor from gnd to LED connection. Mine needs this too as the RF light is out.

By my eyes, both the resistors look to be the same value, but they are tiny and I could be wrong.

sub.
Received my DL yesterday and checked resistors with meter. Both are 10K.
Oct 20, 2011, 03:03 PM

digital servos?

Can anyone tell me if digital servos work with the DL Rx? I used some ds 480 mg high speed micro digital servos on my gimbal and not long afterwards the
DL Rx goes into failsafe if it tries to run a standard servo or if the servo has pressure on it. Anyone else seen this?
Oct 20, 2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacintheclouds
Can anyone tell me if digital servos work with the DL Rx? I used some ds 480 mg high speed micro digital servos on my gimbal and not long afterwards the
DL Rx goes into failsafe if it tries to run a standard servo or if the servo has pressure on it. Anyone else seen this?
May it's your bec that doesn't output enough amp ?
Oct 20, 2011, 09:01 PM
So I flew my ritewing today only to figure out that in the cold the batts can't put out enough amps AND to figure out that my dragonlink uhf transmitters antenna tip was missing IS IT OK IF THE TIP OF THE TRANSMITER ANTENNA FOR THE DRAGON LINK BE OFF. WOULD IT CAUSE ANY DAMAGE. I MEAN THAT TIP IS JUST PLASTIC RIGHT.
Oct 20, 2011, 09:18 PM
KJ6RCJ
Mike,

Check your PM. I sent you one last night.

Gent

Quick Reply