Jun 26, 2013, 07:28 PM
Un Canadien errant

Plug/wire mapping ...

Greetings,

Is there a clear picture or a description of the wire color to pin layout of this connector? The only identification on the connector is MX - pin 1, C3 - pin 2.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2013, 07:38 PM
Dixie Normious
I assume it is for JR? Looksy here on DL web
into radio is

1.signal(top)
2.skip one...
3.Positive
4.negative

there is a heap load of info on DL website

like this
http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/12
Jun 26, 2013, 07:42 PM
Ground testing will only give you limited range with short or long TX antenna but when you are flying you will have the best performance,the short TX antenna should be good to 15k and the long antenna to 25k.
Jun 26, 2013, 07:51 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
I use my short antenna when flying my mutlticopters and short range (<5 miles) fixed wing. When I plan a long range flight I pop on the long antenna. So I use them for for function than range...less chance of poking someone's eye out with the short antenna!!!!
Jun 26, 2013, 08:22 PM
I need to finish my x-8, had to shelve it at about 90% complete and then I want to do some cloud surfing. That was the whole reason I got the large wing
Jun 26, 2013, 08:27 PM
Un Canadien errant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
I assume it is for JR? Looksy here on DL web
into radio is

1.signal(top)
2.skip one...
3.Positive
4.negative
Thanks for that. Still sorting things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
there is a heap load of info on DL website

like this
http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/12
Indeed. A HEAP LOAD! I had a perusal. It was there that I found a pointer to the (1000+ page) 'support' thread (since closed) that pointed to this (1000+ page) thread :-)
I'm on square 0.01. Lots more info to digest. I'll be attaching to a FlySky TH9X. Found some related posts. Sounds like 3.5mm jack to solder. "There are some videos ..." to quote Juanp I'll look further.
Jun 26, 2013, 08:29 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by GheliMax View Post

Indeed. A HEAP LOAD! I had a perusal. It was there that I found a pointer to the (1000+ page) 'support' thread (since closed) that pointed to this (1000+ page) thread :-)
I'm on square 0.01. Lots more info to digest. I'll be attaching to a FlySky TH9X. Found some related posts. Sounds like 3.5mm jack to solder. "There are some videos ..." to quote Juanp I'll look further.
Check my Blog. It shows how to connect DL to the 9X...you don't need no silly 3.5mm jack!!!
Jun 26, 2013, 08:44 PM
Un Canadien errant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Check my Blog. It shows how to connect DL to the 9X...you don't need no silly 3.5mm jack!!!
FANTASSTIC!!! Thank you Vantasstic! Nice multi!
Jun 26, 2013, 09:37 PM
Dixie Normious
Quote:
Originally Posted by GheliMax View Post

No you don't need to use the 3.5mm jack. There is no trainer port on the FlySky9x is there? Neither one on mine. The 9x/ Jr are the same. Even as vans...

Only those poor spektrum boys have to use the silly 3.5mm jack...
silly rabbit!! tricks are for kids...
Jun 26, 2013, 09:50 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
Just having fun... I love the reliability of my Dragonlink!
Into The Darkness - Flown with Dragonlink (6 min 49 sec)
Jun 26, 2013, 09:51 PM
Un Canadien errant
My apologies for crying wolf! I pulled the wire out of the packaging and it appeared as though I had pulled the connector inserts out of the case (per photos). In a moment of panic (similar to - but less intense than - what FPVers that never tested - or do not have - RTH feel like when their video feed suddenly disappears; and I've read a number of interesting anecdotes), I stopped thinking. Thank you for being kind to this OH SO NOOBY question. Really! JeffPilot in post #3 (and again in post #19222) includes the video "DL Installation STEP1"! At 1:06 is the clear answer to my question.

I happened upon this when looking for the answer to the question "how important is the dummy load?". I don't have it. So I started looking at whether it was needed in the calibration procedure. Reading/viewing...
Jun 27, 2013, 02:10 AM
Dixie Normious
Say Wha?
Jun 27, 2013, 02:31 AM
Dreamer
No dummy load needed now .. all newer DL Tx have micro power node instead.
Jun 27, 2013, 02:45 AM
------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by helichoper View Post
Ground testing will only give you limited range with short or long TX antenna but when you are flying you will have the best performance,the short TX antenna should be good to 15k and the long antenna to 25k.
ok great...

So if I am flying a multi well within a mile but through thick trees and low to the ground is there any advantage to the long antenna? It would be nice to be a bit more compact :-)

phil
Jun 27, 2013, 05:24 AM
RTFM
Still no firmware and software to upgrade RX's?

Quick Reply