Dec 11, 2011, 07:33 AM
Mike, here's the result of range tests I just carried out at my home.

Plane sitting on the ground in the backyard, facing away from the TX.
All system operational, there are 2 VTX (5.8Ghz + 900Mhz) up & running.

Transmitter test (RX antenna disconnected, long TX antenna)
No failsafe up to 20m.

Receiver test (RX antenna connected, dummy load connected to TX)
Intermittent failsafe from 15m up (I can't test more than 20m).
Constant failsafe when i stand 2m from plane with TX 13 m away (I stood between plane and TX)

According to these values, how far do you think I can fly?

Oh, I forgot to mention that there was a wall between the plane & the TX plus a few table & a couch.
Last edited by lrrps; Dec 11, 2011 at 01:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2011, 12:07 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose2 View Post
Mike,
When it comes time to upgrade can we send in our units, have you perform the upgrade and return the same components to the original owner? I'm not that keen on getting someone else's recycled equipment.
I would also like to know if the 9 channel receivers will be upgradeable or will they be replaced with 12 channel units?
I like this idea too. I'm sure it'd be a nightmare to keep track of everyones stuff though. I'm not going to worry about rushing in for upgrade. I don't fly (yet) with anyone else on UHF so don't know if I'd have problems or not. I'll let the initial wave of folks get upgraded first then I'll slide mine in later on.
Dec 11, 2011, 03:07 PM
can someone please explain what ppm sum is and how I can use it with my dragonlink to get my multiwii board to work with my hexa?
Dec 11, 2011, 04:23 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdone View Post
can someone please explain what ppm sum is and how I can use it with my dragonlink to get my multiwii board to work with my hexa?
PPM sum is taking all your channel data and putting it into one data stream...on a single harness vs one harness per channel. The DL does have PPM out on channel 9. All you need to do is run a single 3-wire servo wire from the DL Rx channel 9 pins to your multiwii board and you're good to go.
Dec 11, 2011, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
PPM sum is taking all your channel data and putting it into one data stream...on a single harness vs one harness per channel. The DL does have PPM out on channel 9. All you need to do is run a single 3-wire servo wire from the DL Rx channel 9 pins to your multiwii board and you're good to go.
thanks my friend
Dec 11, 2011, 07:18 PM
I searched this thread and have come to the conclusion that the cheap Sunsky Video Tx / Rx I bought is likely the reason I am having video interference when using the Dragonlink. Its a 1.2ghz 800mw system from Sunsky.

I am going to cut my losses and get a lawmate system. I am starting out with FPV on a vehicle before moving to the air. Which Lawmate system would be recommended to get and from where. How powerful should I be looking at getting? Will I have major issues with inteference between the radio control system and a 1000mw 1.2ghz lawmate system?

Thanks,
Kenny
Dec 11, 2011, 09:46 PM
Team Basement RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny_dilger View Post
I searched this thread and have come to the conclusion that the cheap Sunsky Video Tx / Rx I bought is likely the reason I am having video interference when using the Dragonlink. Its a 1.2ghz 800mw system from Sunsky.

I am going to cut my losses and get a lawmate system. I am starting out with FPV on a vehicle before moving to the air. Which Lawmate system would be recommended to get and from where. How powerful should I be looking at getting? Will I have major issues with inteference between the radio control system and a 1000mw 1.2ghz lawmate system?

Thanks,
Kenny
I am on 1.2ghz 1000w Lawmate and Dragon Link, never had any issues whatsoever
Dec 11, 2011, 10:04 PM
Air Crash Expert
Quote:

Thanks,
Kenny
1.2ghz BOB (Fox 700) with DL and no issues here.
Dec 11, 2011, 10:57 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Is it midnight yet? Sweet video coming!
Dec 12, 2011, 01:07 AM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Woot, Monday morning!

Contest entree for the week.

Flying the new and original Blunt Nose MS Swift 2 w/ Dragon Link and RVOSD5.

(3 min 41 sec)
Dec 12, 2011, 04:10 AM
Quote:

Thanks,
Kenny

I also had this problem - bought 2x lawmate 1.2GHz Rx's and all is good!
Try standing a little further away from your sunsky Rx, used to fix my problems.
Dec 12, 2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbagit13 View Post
Woot, Monday morning!

Contest entree for the week.

Flying the new and original Blunt Nose MS Swift 2 w/ Dragon Link and RVOSD5.

airbagit13, could you please talk more about your gear ? This is the setup that i am figuring out. The video tx is a 1,2Mhz 1000w, right ? You try the RTH ? Was every thing ok ? Any problens, so far ? The instalation and configuration is difficult ?

ps: i like the video music
Dec 12, 2011, 07:36 AM
Team Basement-RC
Quote:
Will I have major issues with inteference between the radio control system and a 1000mw 1.2ghz lawmate system?

Thanks,
Kenny
You should be ok. Just separate the antennas with as much space as possible. Most people on here are using them on planes with a footer two of separation.
Dec 12, 2011, 08:51 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps View Post
Mike, here's the result of range tests I just carried out at my home.

Plane sitting on the ground in the backyard, facing away from the TX.
All system operational, there are 2 VTX (5.8Ghz + 900Mhz) up & running.

Transmitter test (RX antenna disconnected, long TX antenna)
No failsafe up to 20m.

Receiver test (RX antenna connected, dummy load connected to TX)
Intermittent failsafe from 15m up (I can't test more than 20m).
Constant failsafe when i stand 2m from plane with TX 13 m away (I stood between plane and TX)

According to these values, how far do you think I can fly?

Oh, I forgot to mention that there was a wall between the plane & the TX plus a few table & a couch.
Yes !!

That sounds like a really good test. Have fun

Mike
Dec 12, 2011, 09:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I like this idea too. I'm sure it'd be a nightmare to keep track of everyones stuff though. I'm not going to worry about rushing in for upgrade. I don't fly (yet) with anyone else on UHF so don't know if I'd have problems or not. I'll let the initial wave of folks get upgraded first then I'll slide mine in later on.
I was going to send you the one that had been in a huge crash into the salt water, then run without an antenna all day, and finally dried out and reprogrammed

Let me think how I might be able to do this. One thing I promise, is that I never send out anything that is not like new. If there is anything wrong, or even looks like it could cause a problem, I fix it before I sent it out.

Mike

Quick Reply