Jan 17, 2013, 06:09 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York

EzOSD (text switch ON/OFF) w/ Futaba 9c and DragonLink v2??

How do I program the EzOSD (On/Off Text)? I have it wired/soldered per instructions on the Current Sensor. Now connecto to PPM on RC Rx.

I have the v2 DragonLink Rx, the PPM is default to channel 12 on DL receiver..

I use a Futaba 9C Super, Is there a switch I can use on my Futaba 9c?
or do I have to assign the EzOSD text switch on channels below 9?

: hmmm
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2013, 08:04 AM
The EZOSD thread might be a better place for EzOSD support
Jan 17, 2013, 09:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by E1Allen View Post
Just finished my first fpv wing. I opted for less color as it already weighs 6.4lbs.

61" Deep Reaper XL from crashtesthobby
1.3g 800mw
Dragonlink V2
16,000mah.

Looking forward to FPV maiden flight this weekend.

Eric
Hi Eric,

Now that is really cool !!! I cant wait to see how it flys and performs. I look foward to seeing lots of videos from this one.

Mike
Jan 17, 2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papamix
After getting my DL firmware upgraded to the latest version by Mike and some more experimentation with the PPM settings on my TX, I was finally able to get all 12 channels working. In case this is of help to anyone else struggling to get er9x and DL to play nice together, here are the settings that finally worked for me:

Proto PPM: 12CH 300uSec
PPM FrLen: 24.0mSec
Shift Sel: POS
E. Limits: OFF

The above settings were successfully tested on two separate 9x transmitters (one running er9x r776 and another one running er9x r781).

Note that I had tested the exact same settings before Mike performed the DL firmware upgrade and they hadn't worked (using ch11/12 would send the DL into failsafe), so it seems the problem was related to the old DL firmware.

Cheers,
Michael
I'm going to print this post out and keep it in my shop for when my 9x comes in with er9x and my V1 DL gets back from Mike. I sent my system in yesterday for the upgrade. I am moving all my FPV rigs over to the er9x from a JR9503.
Jan 17, 2013, 10:23 AM
If bacon could only fly

8FG with DragonLink

Simple question.

Will the DragonLink work with the Futaba 8FG?

The EZUHF Transmitter is said to have a compatiblity issue with the Futaba 8FG radios due to the variable PPM frame rate they seem to use.

Hoping this is not an issue with the DL.

Thank you for ALL the GREAT information!
Jan 17, 2013, 11:08 AM
Anyone know how to work the referral program?

I got the company I work with to buy a handful of dragonlinks for a project but I have no idea how to reference myself as the referrer.
Jan 17, 2013, 12:08 PM
FunkMaster
Mike,

On a related subject, I've contemplated buying a second DL system which would qualify me for a free additional receiver. I just don't see anywhere by ordering on-line how to request or specify this.

Maybe you could provide guidance on the best way to do this so it doesn't get missed.

Thanks.

Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post

I got the company I work with to buy a handful of dragonlinks for a project but I have no idea how to reference myself as the referrer.
Jan 17, 2013, 12:34 PM
FPV FTW!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentF View Post
Mike,

On a related subject, I've contemplated buying a second DL system which would qualify me for a free additional receiver. I just don't see anywhere by ordering on-line how to request or specify this.

Maybe you could provide guidance on the best way to do this so it doesn't get missed.

Thanks.

Kent

When you purchase, put a note on paypal and Mike will package a second receiver for you.
Jan 17, 2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
How do I program the EzOSD (On/Off Text)? I have it wired/soldered per instructions on the Current Sensor. Now connecto to PPM on RC Rx.

I have the v2 DragonLink Rx, the PPM is default to channel 12 on DL receiver..

I use a Futaba 9C Super, Is there a switch I can use on my Futaba 9c?
or do I have to assign the EzOSD text switch on channels below 9?

: hmmm
Just hook the lead into the channel that you want to turn it on/off, ie ch5(gear switch). Don't hook it to the ppm channel on your rx.
Jan 17, 2013, 01:40 PM
UH60 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi Eric,

Now that is really cool !!! I cant wait to see how it flys and performs. I look foward to seeing lots of videos from this one.

Mike
Thanks, I'm hoping all goes well.So I can take lots of video
Jan 17, 2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:

Send mike an email with the name of the company and that you referred them.
Jan 18, 2013, 06:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazMaziest View Post
Simple question.

Will the DragonLink work with the Futaba 8FG?

The EZUHF Transmitter is said to have a compatiblity issue with the Futaba 8FG radios due to the variable PPM frame rate they seem to use.

Hoping this is not an issue with the DL.

Thank you for ALL the GREAT information!
The Dragon Link is compatible with ALL RC systems. The Futaba 8 FG does not present any problems at all, it is a 30 second hookup if you choose the Trainer chord.

Mike
Jan 18, 2013, 06:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:

No Problem,

I will be happy to give you the friend rewards. Just put a note in paypal when you purchase. I am always happy to honor the friend rewards program. Whenever I recognize the purchaser as a second time customer, I give it to them even if they forget to cliam it.

Mike
Jan 18, 2013, 06:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentF View Post
Mike,

Thanks.

Kent
Yes, you get the free receiver, and just put a note in paypal so that I know this is you second purchase. It will be included with your order.

Mike
Jan 18, 2013, 06:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
This was the post I was referring to. #10486. It is on page 525 for me.
Yes, that is it !!! I assume the default settings for RC groups when I say the Version 1 upgrade instructions are on page 700 of this thread.

Mike

Quick Reply