Dec 05, 2011, 08:52 AM
Team Basement-RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandarra
Mike, I got it about a month ago or less. I'm using the standard 400mW and 800mW sunsky units and have had excellent results with them so far as well as other users. I've been using the 35Mhz 9C sytem so far and have around 50-100 flights on it. Video starts to go grainy at around 2km out. using the DL for control the same thing happens but 500meters out.
What happens if you get the video Rx moved further away from the DL transmitter? I've got a pretty crappy Rx, and it picks up interference from my DL if it is too close, no matter what channel it is on.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2011, 08:53 AM

DL contest entry

Hi guys,
This is my Dragonlink contest entry for this week:
Dodging obstacles flown w/ Dragon Link (1 min 33 sec)

Thanks
Dec 05, 2011, 09:06 AM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Nice video man, that was nuts.
Dec 05, 2011, 11:14 AM
Thank you at all for your answers !!
Dec 05, 2011, 11:21 AM
FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
The receiver must be ON and working when you set the failsafe, as the faisafe information is stored in your receier.

Mike
I do have it on. The plane is ready to fly when I'm setting it.
Dec 05, 2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks
What happens if you get the video Rx moved further away from the DL transmitter? I've got a pretty crappy Rx, and it picks up interference from my DL if it is too close, no matter what channel it is on.
Is it an RC-305 receiver you got?
Dec 05, 2011, 01:20 PM
Someone told me to add a 100K resistor between the Range Video OSD and Dlink RSSI output, do you confirm this info?

Thanks.
Dec 05, 2011, 01:46 PM

Dragonlink Contest Entry

Here is my Dragonlink Contest Entry

Maiden flight with Dragon Link > 25"! Crash!

Hercules Maiden Flight with Dragonlink greater than 25" CRASH (1 min 4 sec)
Dec 05, 2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbagit13
Nice video man, that was nuts.
Thanks
Dec 05, 2011, 02:51 PM
Just an earthbound misfit, I
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps
Someone told me to add a 100K resistor between the Range Video OSD and Dlink RSSI output, do you confirm this info?

Thanks.
I have the Gen4 RVOSD with the Gen5 upgrade board and a new DL 12ch Rx. I'm using the RSSI directly and it works great. No resistor required.
Dec 05, 2011, 02:52 PM
Eccentricus Magnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagebuff
Here is my Dragonlink Contest Entry

Maiden flight with Dragon Link > 25"! Crash!

http://youtu.be/OjqyVL8_S5U
I hate to admit it, but I laughed myself silly over that one. . GOOD JOB!!!

Hope you got it flying properly now.

KrisW
Dec 05, 2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW
I hate to admit it, but I laughed myself silly over that one. . GOOD JOB!!!

Hope you got it flying properly now.

KrisW
I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you listen carefully you can hear my wife snickering right after it hit the dirt. Weather is terrible, and I'm not sure what to change yet, so I haven't been able to try again. It's killing me!
Dec 05, 2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagebuff
Weather is terrible, and I'm not sure what to change yet
Were you launching into the wind? It looks like your CG is off, it looks nose heavy for sure. Also how does the reflex on your elevons look?
Last edited by airbagit13; Dec 05, 2011 at 03:56 PM.
Dec 05, 2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbagit13
Were you launching into the wind? It looks like your CG is off, it looks nose heavy for sure. Also how does the reflux on your elevons look?
I was launching into a very light headwind. Reflex - none - , slightly nose heavy, but not much. I will add some up elevator and pull cg back a bit and try again. What scares me is it wasn't even close to level from what I could tell.
Dec 05, 2011, 03:58 PM
Yup elevator and bring the CG back, you will be fine. Why not take off from the ground?