Oct 07, 2011, 03:27 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Yippee!

DRAGON LINK ADVANCED: Long Range RC + Full Bidirectional Mavlink Telemetry

17 April 2023

The Dragon Link Advanced is a Professional Grade long range RC system, with full telemetry / long range radio modem built in. It has incredible 60 KM, object penetrating performance, and outperforms every other system on the market. We used only the best, highest performance components, with built in RF filtering to provide you with a complete system that is ready to install on your FPV plane with no additional parts or filters needed.

See a demonstration video of some of capabilities of the Dragon Link Advanced System:
Dragon Link V3 Advanced FPV Full Telemetry System (6 min 2 sec)

Long Range / High Performance Radio Modem
Full Mavlink Telemetry.
Moving Map and flight data on Phone, Tablet, or computer.
Bluetooth for wireless connection to your Android Device or Computer.
Lightning fast, 5 ms latency for obstacle flying and Copter Racing.
60 Kilometers + Long range for professional UAV's.
Many other features that are to many to list !
NOTE: ALL Dragon Link receivers have a full 60 Kilometer RC Control range.
High Power Large Receivers have full 60 Kilometer Telemetry range.
Micro Receivers and Nano Receivers have lower power output, and typical 10 Kilometers full telemetry transmission range.

Fly your FPV copter or plane anywhere, any distance, in cities, around buildings, around objects with perfect control, and NEVER have a glitch or failsafe again. Sound impossible ??? Technology changes everything !!! We have spent extra money on the highest quality components and filtering to make this system perform at a professional level. The Dragon Link RC system will allow you to enjoy FPV flight and never even have to think about RC control again. The system will pay for itself with the first crash or lost plane it prevents. The Dragon Link system is completely hassle free, once set up, it just works, no hassles, no extra steps required, just turn on and fly. The Dragon Link system is compatible with all copter flight controllers, autopilots, and RC accessories. The Dragon Link system is made, fully supported, and fully guaranteed in the USA.

MYTH: I only fly my copter one mile away or less, obstacle flying, or FPV racing, I do not need such a long range system.

FACT: How many times have you been a mile away, and been afraid to fly low, go near power lines, or near a building, because you might get a failsafe or lose control ??? With Dragon Link, you will not have to worry about these things ever again. Even at 1 miles or less, Dragon Link will open up a whole new world of FPV for you.

FACT: Copters are small, and rarely have good equipment spacing or antenna installations. With the 50 Kilometer capable Dragon Link system, you can have a less than perfect installation on a small plane or copter, loose 75 % of your performance, and still have a range of 12 Kilometers. The Dragon Link system has precise, lightning fast control response, perfect for obstacle flying and FPV racing.

The Dragon Link system has a typical range of 50 Kilometers with the antennas we ship with the system. Nothing will match Dragon Links performance on long range FPV planes. Dragon Link was designed and constructed using expensive parts to perform better than anything else available. High quality and performance is worth the extra price, and the system will pay for itself with the first crash it prevents. The new capabilities and confidence it will give you is priceless.

Our Micro Receiver is not your typical " Reduced Range, reduced performance Micro Receiver ". It is a full performance, full range RC receiver that was designed to work perfectly in all copters and planes. It has a huge amount of filtering, and performance so that it can work well in the tight, noisy, and less then perfect conditions found on many copters. The Micro Receiver has a Spectrum Analyzer built in, Logging of many parameters, GPS capable, Beacon, and many other features. It is the most advanced RC receiver ever made.

EASY TO USE You do not want to mess around with complicated equipment, you want to fly FPV !!! The Dragon Link is designed to be hassle free and easy, just turn on your RC transmitter, and it works, every time, with multiple planes, no hassle, no fuss

MULTIROTOR FRIENDLY The Dragon Link's receiver has PPM, SBUS, and fully configurable PWM outputs is compatible with all flight controllers. At only 10 Grams, it is tiny, and works perfectly from 250 sized Micro Copters, to large multirotors. No huge, unsightly antenna mountains are required, see the pictures below for a few typical copter setups.

We know that most people will never fly 50 KM, so why do you need a system capable of flying 50 KM ??? FPV planes are rarely ever perfect... Antenna placement, interference, banking the plane sharply, aerobatics, and many other things can degrade performance, and each one of these things will take a certain percentage away from your RF link. So lets say your plane is small and you had to put your video transmitter near the RC antenna, if this takes 50 % away from the range of your RC system, you will still be able to fly 25 KM with the Dragon Link, and never even notice the effects of this imperfection. If you start with a system that has the range of 10 KM that you want to fly, and subtract 50 %, your limit would be a short 5 KM with failsafes happening before that. This is why its always better to have more performance than you think you will need !

IN STOCK

We keep Dragon Link in stock, and ship them within 24 hours of your order. At 336.00 Dragon Link is not the cheapest UHF system, but it is the best value for the money. You will save the additional purchase price of the system with the first crash avoid ! You can get it at www.dragonlinkrc.com

FULLY GUARANTEED

All Dragon Link systems are fully guaranteed. If anything is shipped defective, a new replacement will be sent right away, no waiting for repairs or waiting for the mail. If you have the system and fails, we will repair it here in the USA for free. We have been in business over 12 years now, we will be here for support if you ever need it.

www.dragonlinkrc.com
Last edited by JettPilot; Apr 17, 2023 at 09:08 AM. Reason: UPDATES
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2011, 03:27 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
VIDEOS FROM DRAGON LINK USERS

Does the performance of Dragon Link Sound to good to be true ??? Sound unbeleivable, dont take our word for it... Check out these many videos from Dragon Link users and see for yourself how Dragon Link can open up an entirely new world of FPV !!!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcpp...ew=0&flow=grid

Follow the link above to see ALL the videos in the Dragon Link YouTube channel.

FPV In Space Flown With Dragon Link, Clouds, Mountains, Beach (12 min 24 sec)

Mike
Last edited by JettPilot; Oct 12, 2015 at 06:13 AM.
Oct 07, 2011, 03:29 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
NEXT GENERATION FIRMWARE UPGRADE

The Dragon Link Next Generation Firmware is now available and was released in May 2014 !!! This firmware is a HUGE advance in all areas of performance,especially Resistance to interference. I can not stress strongly enough how much better the Dragon Link system will perform with the new Next Generation firmware installed, I encourage everyone to update their Dragon Link systems ASAP. The new Next Generation firmware can be flashed at home to any Version 2 system at home with the USB update device available from www.dragonlinkrc.com I do not have a list of changes for the new firmware, because EVERYTHING has changed. This is not an update to our firmware, this was a total rework of the entire firmware, it is very well tested, and the results have been amazing. The resistance to interference is incredible, along with increased range, and absolutely stable, rock solid control. Upgrading to the Next Generation Firmware solves so many problems, that it will be very first thing we recommend when troubleshooting problems from now on. The improvements we have made basically makes the Dragon Link a new system, and takes the Dragon Link to the next level of reliability and performance ! You can download the latest Next Generation Firmware from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...extGenBeta.zip For instructions on how to update the system, see this video:

Dragon Link Firmware Update with USB device - Instructions (10 min 47 sec)

For complete information on setting up, binding, and testing the Dragon Link system, please see these two videos:

Dragon Link Installation STEP 1: Transmitter Setup (8 min 13 sec)

Dragon Link Micro Receiver Basic Setup: Binding and Calibration (5 min 49 sec)

Mike
Last edited by JettPilot; Oct 12, 2015 at 06:27 AM.
Oct 07, 2011, 03:32 PM
Mums the word.
Hey Mike, congrats on 1000 pages in 919 days. Tons of info.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...26959&page=991
Last edited by man2000me; Oct 07, 2011 at 03:44 PM.
Oct 07, 2011, 03:38 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Ok, I will check it. BTW, this is the new Dragon Link thread, the old one got soo very long at 1000 pages of posts, that it got confusing and just to be way too much information for people to go through.

Mike
Oct 07, 2011, 03:42 PM
Registered Loon
i got 63km range test on my dragon ;-)
Oct 07, 2011, 06:59 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by man2000me
Hey Mike, congrats on 1000 pages in 919 days. Tons of info.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...26959&page=991
Most of the credit of the Dragon Link system goes to Daniel Wee. His design of this system is nothing short of amazing... I got the first system for Beta testing 2 years ago, with plans to only beta test in one plane and nothing else... Once I tried the Dragon Link, the performance of the system was way better than I even thought possible for a small transmitter that attached to the back of my RC radio. I was so happy with the new world of FPV that was opened up to me, I got into this full time so that everyone could get a Dragon Link and fly FPV to is full potential !!!

Mike
Oct 07, 2011, 07:04 PM
Long Range FPV !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrat
i got 63km range test on my dragon ;-)
That is incredible, I have to ask how you did this ? Crist Rogotti got 30 KM range flight pretty easy with a totally stock system. You could get way more with an amplifier, or a directional transmitter antenna, but 63 KM is the furthest reported test I am aware of.

Mike
Oct 07, 2011, 07:21 PM
Chris R
Do UK customers get hit with customs?
Oct 07, 2011, 08:10 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Joining in on the new site. I look forward to being an active member here.
Oct 07, 2011, 08:51 PM
Village Idiot!
First page?
Oct 07, 2011, 10:39 PM
Cool ...
Oct 07, 2011, 10:56 PM
Wow, I even made the first post! The only Non-DL shots were short, sub 100M flights.

DragonLink is great! A couple more DL videos-

Blodget Peak: GoPro HD (4 min 17 sec)

These are ENTIRELY DragonLink.

Zephyr FPV- The Chase (Flown with DragonLink UHF) (4 min 7 sec)
Oct 07, 2011, 10:59 PM
Village Idiot!
Let me be the first..............

HEY MIKE !!!!!!
Oct 07, 2011, 11:47 PM
Team Basement-RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas
Let me be the first..............

HEY MIKE !!!!!!
Had to post something and be on the first page.

Quick Reply