Mar 28, 2012, 01:17 PM

Replacement prop instead of original prop for HK Durafly P-51D Mustang

Hi,
I am trying to find a replacement prop for my HK Durafly P-51D Mustang 1100mm.
The original one is BK and I would like to order a replacment from HobbyKing.
I would really appriciate some help.
Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2012, 01:20 PM
More Nukes, Less Kooks
Get in line, it starts at the beginning of this thread.
Mar 28, 2012, 03:48 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabo1
Hi,
I am trying to find a replacement prop for my HK Durafly P-51D Mustang 1100mm.
The original one is BK and I would like to order a replacment from HobbyKing.
I would really appriciate some help.
Thanks!
Use like a 11x7 2 blade from APC until they get more in stock
Mar 29, 2012, 04:32 AM

Anyone else notice this?

I was stripping my P-51 down to do a complete repaint and decided to investigate under some stickers, this is what I found...

The top ESC is the one out of my 1430mm FMS F4U Corsair, the bottom ESC is the one from the Durafly P-51

And now for the motor from the Durafly P-51...

FMS definitely has a hand in these models one way or another and I don't mind at all. The Durafly models are very nice regardless of who actually manufactures them.

What I do care about though, like everyone else here, is getting some spare parts. It sure would be nice if parts were available from the usual FMS parts dealers that are on the web... at least then maybe we could actually buy them!
Last edited by Hell_Cat; Mar 29, 2012 at 04:37 AM.
Mar 29, 2012, 07:11 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell_Cat
I was stripping my P-51 down to do a complete repaint and decided to investigate under some stickers, this is what I found...

FMS definitely has a hand in these models one way or another and I don't mind at all. The Durafly models are very nice regardless of who actually manufactures them.

What I do care about though, like everyone else here, is getting some spare parts. It sure would be nice if parts were available from the usual FMS parts dealers that are on the web... at least then maybe we could actually buy them!
HC....When mine arrived, it looked very similar my FMS 1450 mm version P-51, especially the hex shape on the prop adapter...as that seems to be an FMS trademark....but you confirmed my suspicions by removing the motor tag.

It's a shame that a company with a very good spare parts availability (well compared to everyone else except Horizon Hobby products) would make a product and not support it.
I have to believe that since HobbyKing is the only distributor of the Durafly brand, they dropped the ball and did not order up the spare parts that we are use to from typical FMS/Airfield distributors since there sold under a different name.....as we are not suppose to know that.

Hobbyking sells alot of of good products for the hobby, but the lack of spare parts and warrenty service are not there strong points, as im familar with both.
Mar 29, 2012, 09:44 AM
Barrel Roll Joe
does fms make another P51 with a prop that is similar to the size of the durafly?
Mar 29, 2012, 10:15 AM
Finally made a maiden flight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin High 2
does fms make another P51 with a prop that is similar to the size of the durafly?

I wish! But I havent been able to find one. I am contemplating emailing them as My spares have been on order since November. November!!! At any rate I was also amused by the FMS lable under the H/K sticker
Mar 29, 2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler
Use like a 11x7 2 blade from APC until they get more in stock

Thanks
Mar 29, 2012, 10:32 AM
I would email Philip at PW-RC.com. And see if he can help you.
http://www.pw-rc.com/

Hobby King really does suck at parts support for there models.
Last edited by TripleW; Mar 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Mar 29, 2012, 11:05 AM
Mike
Haha. good find on the FMS sticker on the motor. that tickled me.
Mar 29, 2012, 05:58 PM
Mine nosed-over at very low speed the other day (common enough for grass landings)... but as part of its forwards-flip onto its back, it must have slid backwards a bit then (on its back) and then caught a prop blade, which then pulled the motor off the firewall !! The quite small screws it has just pulled straight out.
It didn't seem any overly fast, or stressful, nose-over.... but I guess it focussed all the energies just right to achieve that.

I wonder if they were already thinking about coming out anyway!?
So now I will need to use them slightly bigger ones, and CA them in for extra safety!
Mar 30, 2012, 06:52 AM
David
I'm impressed - ordered replacement motor shafts from PW-RC at 9:00pm on Monday, package sent Tuesday, customs checkout Wednesday, in transit Thursday and on my desk today!!!! And what's more they fit. Quicker than getting things sent from the east coast.
Mar 30, 2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell_Cat

The top ESC is the one out of my 1430mm FMS F4U Corsair, the bottom ESC is the one from the Durafly P-51

And now for the motor from the Durafly P-51...

Why does Hobbyking hide the fact that this plane is part of FMS and what or why are they hiding this from? I find this very ignorant and not helping the situation with the spare parts BUT if FMS was smart they would source their own stuff and start selling through a website .... hint.... like eflite to Horizon Hobby ... come on FMS ... we are starving for props, it is bad enough out here with the stupid economy and gas prices
Mar 30, 2012, 05:11 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothcruizer3
Why does Hobbyking hide the fact that this plane is part of FMS and what or why are they hiding this from? I find this very ignorant and not helping the situation with the spare parts BUT if FMS was smart they would source their own stuff and start selling through a website .... hint.... like eflite to Horizon Hobby ... come on FMS ... we are starving for props, it is bad enough out here with the stupid economy and gas prices
sc...FMS now has so many different warbirds in various sizes that there selection is great if your purchasing new, but im sure we are going to suffer in the long run as spare parts for all those aircraft will eventually trickle down in small amounts to us.

I like FMS better 2 years ago....less aircraft and more parts....but that's progress.
Mar 30, 2012, 05:40 PM
More Nukes, Less Kooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra

I like FMS better 2 years ago....less aircraft and more parts....but that's progress.
+ 1 Just like Toyota and Honda.

Quick Reply