Canon Hackers Developement Kit (CHDK) New AP Tool For Me - RC Groups
Oct 06, 2011, 09:53 PM
Discussion

Canon Hackers Developement Kit (CHDK) New AP Tool For Me

Just been checking out the Canon Hackers Developement Kit (CHDK) firmware that some new cameras can use and it seems to be a powerful new tool for Aerial Photography.
I was just about to build a circuit that will enable my camera to take continuos pictures at an interval of around 1 frame every 1 second to 3 second range but now I can use software to acheive this function.
Last edited by larry baraniuk; Oct 07, 2011 at 11:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2011, 10:51 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry baraniuk
Just been checking out the Cannon Hackers Developement Kit (CHDK) firmware that some new cameras can use and it seems to be a powerful new tool for Aerial Photography.
I was just about to build a circuit that will enable my camera to take continuos pictures at an interval of around 1 frame every 1 second to 3 second range but now I can use software to acheive this function.
To find out about this tool check out "CHDK for Dummies"
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_for_...hould_I_buy.3F
Yea it works awesome, I use it on my A640. I just hit the shutter once and go flying around. I land with a few hundred picture.
Oct 07, 2011, 03:51 AM
Kite flying SCRAPS member
Yes I have been using it for a couple of years now, its incredibly flexible, The Kite Aerial Photography guys have come up with some amazing scripts that bracket shots and step zoom as well. Have a look in the KAP forum - Camera Control Systems for many threads on CHDK

Cheers
DaveB...>
Oct 07, 2011, 07:23 AM
Stuart
Or build a remote and control the camera from the ground;

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...highlight=chdk
Oct 07, 2011, 12:24 PM
Welcome to the Club!!
Many people at this Forum.. use CHDK .
It is a Great software and works Very Well on Canon Cams.

Enjoy
Guy
Oct 17, 2011, 11:46 PM
How high will it go?
Does anyone know if this exsists for Casio cameras?
Last edited by antslake; Oct 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM.
Oct 17, 2011, 11:56 PM
3d Kiwi
pretty sure only hacks are for canon. I've heard of firmware hacks for panasonic gh1/2, but thats all I know of

Quick Reply