Dec 28, 2012, 03:09 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
Hey fellow Crackers! Does anyone know if debonder works on Welders? I want to take my landing gear off my old Crack Yak and put on my new one.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2012, 03:16 PM
Parkfly Padawan
I think acetone works on welders. Maybe some nail polish remover with acetone??
Dec 28, 2012, 03:16 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Not sure about debonder I always use acetone. Loosens welders not matter how old. Just soak the area with a qtip or rag and it'll come loose.
Dec 28, 2012, 03:18 PM
And it won't hurt the foam? Because I gotta take off one of the wheel pants.
Dec 28, 2012, 03:23 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
It won't hurt the foam once dry but it does mess with the printing (paint) on the plane.
Dec 28, 2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot
It won't hurt the foam once dry but it does mess with the printing (paint) on the plane.
Okay, the wheel pants are white, so no biggie.
Dec 28, 2012, 05:51 PM
Parkfly Padawan
I got my Crack Yak Mini today as well as the 3s packs I ordered for my Pitts and Slick! I think I've kicked the flu and my mini build is underway. 2013 is coming in perfectly!!
Dec 28, 2012, 06:04 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Cool, J. Right off the bat I can tell ya the micros need to be sold after getting this one.
Dec 28, 2012, 06:07 PM
Parkfly Padawan
Haha....good to hear! Just hoping my dumb thumbs can fly it!
Dec 30, 2012, 06:06 AM
Boooriiiiing.
Alllllrighty then... with the excellent experience I've had ordering/building/flying my Crack Yak, I has another question.

My "other" foamy is a no-name worthless POS weighed down by half a bottle of CA and such. It flies like crap, though I have to say it did hold me over well until I got the CY.

It has a Turnigy 2730-1500 that runs great, and flies for 5-6 minutes on a 450mah battery. It also uses the same props as the CY...

I'm thinking about ripping everything out of it and ordering another TH plane in the 32" range. Which do you guys like? I'm eyeballing the Sbach, with landing gear this time... or maybe the Extra Slick since it's so sexy...

It needs to be one of those in the 32" range so I can use the same 370mah 3S batteries, 8X4.3 props and such. I prefer commonality since it takes a while to get things out here.

EDIT: It has a stick mount for the motor, I'm assuming I can easily mod the TH plane to accept it...
Dec 30, 2012, 07:37 AM
My vote would go to the Pitts with gear, I just love it. Never used a stick mount so I can't help you on that one, can't imagine it would be too difficult though.
Dec 30, 2012, 08:14 AM
Don't give in to gravity
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonkey572
Alllllrighty then... with the excellent experience I've had ordering/building/flying my Crack Yak, I has another question.

My "other" foamy is a no-name worthless POS weighed down by half a bottle of CA and such. It flies like crap, though I have to say it did hold me over well until I got the CY.

It has a Turnigy 2730-1500 that runs great, and flies for 5-6 minutes on a 450mah battery. It also uses the same props as the CY...

I'm thinking about ripping everything out of it and ordering another TH plane in the 32" range. Which do you guys like? I'm eyeballing the Sbach, with landing gear this time... or maybe the Extra Slick since it's so sexy...

It needs to be one of those in the 32" range so I can use the same 370mah 3S batteries, 8X4.3 props and such. I prefer commonality since it takes a while to get things out here.

EDIT: It has a stick mount for the motor, I'm assuming I can easily mod the TH plane to accept it...
I used to run that set up before TH found the much improved motors they sell now. that set up would work well in any of the 32" size. I’m partial to the Slick. Built and flew many of the original design and the new RCF made design. I highly recommend it.
Dec 30, 2012, 09:43 AM
The Twisted Elf
the Pitts,maybe the Slick,no maybe the Edge, ahh heck pick any of them you are going to happy with all of them
Dec 30, 2012, 09:50 AM
Boooriiiiing.
You guys are REALLY no help.... LOL

I guess it's down to the Extra Slick and Sbach... I've never had an Sbach...

If I do order one of them, I suppose it would make my 48" decision easier since I could pick up a big Extra at the same time.

FINE. You talked me into it. When payday rolls around ill jump on 'em... until then, I still have to make a decision on which...
Dec 30, 2012, 09:53 AM
The Twisted Elf
pick the one you feel that will make you happy,its a hard decision thats why i own one of each

Quick Reply