Oct 09, 2012, 12:55 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes
Very nice Pugsam.... is that orange highlighter on your Slick?
It's a paint pen.

I copied the idea from spcpicard........

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=582

to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2012, 01:26 PM
Parkfly Padawan
It turned out awesome!!! I really like the orange against the other colors. VERY nice!
Oct 09, 2012, 02:01 PM
3D for Me
Looks like my Slick too.

I did mine with paint pen as well.

Walmart has a 5-pack of neon paint markers for $9.99 back in the area where they sell plastic models, etc...

JC
Oct 09, 2012, 02:12 PM
I'm thinking of going wild with the neon colors, if I get one of the UM AS3X Sbachs that's expected to be released very soon.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1731391

Oct 09, 2012, 02:22 PM
I did the same thing on my Slick. Orange on the top where it was white and pink on the bottom where white. It's really easy to tell the orientation of the plane now.
Oct 09, 2012, 02:24 PM
1. 5
2. 4
Oct 09, 2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R
I did the same thing on my Slick. Orange on the top where it was white and pink on the bottom where white. It's really easy to tell the orientation of the plane now.
Ooooh! Pink is groovy!.

Mine has yellow on the bottom.

Last edited by pugsam; Oct 09, 2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: ps - ignore the missing piece of SFG.......
Oct 09, 2012, 03:31 PM
3D for Me
Quote:
I've seen your plane in person - nice the way you dressed it up.

JC
Oct 09, 2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr
I've seen your plane in person - nice the way you dressed it up.

JC
Thanks. I was attempting to get as much contrast as I possibly could.
Torque rolls are a breeze with the additional colors.

Find a new place to fly yet?

John
Oct 09, 2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
......pink on the bottom where white......
Looking at your avatar, I think I catch your drift.........

Oct 09, 2012, 07:38 PM
3D for Me
Quote:
Thanks. I was attempting to get as much contrast as I possibly could.
Torque rolls are a breeze with the additional colors.

Find a new place to fly yet?

John
Nope - Been too busy to look.

JC
Oct 09, 2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam
Looking at your avatar, I think I catch your drift.........

You are correct. subliminal messages!
Oct 09, 2012, 08:41 PM
Volts>amps
any updates on the big and umx crack yaks?
Oct 09, 2012, 09:31 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Yeah I'm waiting to see more about the micro version and what gear is going to be used.
Oct 09, 2012, 09:33 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Originally Posted by JForbes
I've got a question for you all... how many planes do you have currently? If you need to break it down, you can do so by the following:
1. ready to fly (meaning, you just need to slap a battery/fuel in it and you're ready to roll.
2. in some stage of build or on order / awaiting parts, etc...

I was going to have another line for ones that have been retired/crashed/parts planes, etc... but quickly realized that number could be really high for some folks, myself included, so we'll just leave that one alone for now... lol

... we're all proud of having several planes but let it be known that a few of ours ain't flyin so good

1. 16 gas up, charge, slap a battery in and whatnot kind of planes in total but this includes all the foamies, parkflyer stuff, old beaters handed down and some lame planes that haven't flown much at all (but still will fly).
2. a bunch of planes in bags where we may have gotten another ARF and kept stabs, ailerons, elevators and what not, 2 or so ARF fuses hangin around and there is a brand new 100cc EF 104 Extra headed this way real soon as our fall project... SO STOKED!!!

Quick Reply