Oct 23, 2020, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
The F22 Raptor has been on my list for a while. I need to go ahead and pull the trigger.
I watched several vids of it flying and read through quite a bit of the build thread on it. Looks like a dual rudder mod is popular based on what I read. Regardless, it looks like it is just a bunch of good ol' fun to fly so I decided to add it to the order just before I hit the button to order.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2020, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solson888
I just got a new 39" TH plane delivered today. I have 3S 800s and 3S 1300s that can be used for it but haven't decided which one yet. I like to build light so will probably start with the 800 battery and see how it does.
Sounds like a plan. 3s800-850 will be tested!
Oct 24, 2020, 06:50 PM
Quote:
That’s a nice stack Solson! What did you get? In typical fashion, work has been kicking my butt and indecision creeps in whenever I start thinking about my next plane. I need to commit to a design- the Crack Laser Pro is a solid and proven choice- I’ve owned 3, and the thought of something new like the Slick is tempting. Or do I try an Edge. I’ll figure it out soon.
Hey Rich,

Reading the different TH threads I assume you have a decent hangar of TH planes. Do you also have balsa 3D planes? I always assumed EPP is great for learning and just for screwing around when you don’t want to risk balsa. But I’m wondering if the next step after learning 3D really well, if that didn’t mean a 48” or60” extreme flight whatever 3D ARF.

What are your thoughts on that . Would be curious to your answer.
Oct 24, 2020, 07:56 PM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elhungarian
Hey Rich,

Reading the different TH threads I assume you have a decent hangar of TH planes. Do you also have balsa 3D planes? I always assumed EPP is great for learning and just for screwing around when you don’t want to risk balsa. But I’m wondering if the next step after learning 3D really well, if that didn’t mean a 48” or60” extreme flight whatever 3D ARF.

What are your thoughts on that . Would be curious to your answer.
Yes, I have a massive foamy collection. If you make a jump into balsa, I’d go for a 52 or 60 inch Extreme Flight Edge or Laser depending on you budget. Add an Aura and you be all set.
Oct 24, 2020, 09:30 PM
Another alternative would be one of Skywings PP skinned planes. Sort of a hybrid between foam and balsa. Available from Northwest RC in either 38” or 48” wingspan. They fly like balsa but not as crunchy. I’ve had a pretty fair collection of 3DHS and EF planes in 48” and they are great, but these days I prefer the Skywing hybrids. Jump up to the 60” size and EF and 3DHS rule the roost for me.
Oct 25, 2020, 04:51 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
I have a 48" EF Extra 300. The plane flies fantastically. Like electrich, I'd probably say to go a bit bigger than 48" but, even with no gyro, I have flown my 48" in some evil winds and it has been beautifully behaved. I put it above all TH stuff but it cost a lot more and will be matchsticks if I get it wrong!!

As it happens, I never put the time into 3D so am basically pretty poo at it. The Extra is used on low rates for conventional aerobatic sequences, at which it excels. It's basically 2 planes in one, albeit I understand it's only 98% of the 3D plane that an Edge or Laser is.

Here is why I like TH so much: I can throw my 39" CY or my Veloxity in the air and do rubbish rolling harriers, have a bit of a hover, do a blender or whatever I can manage, grin and not worry about the ground! Then there is the Clik or Super Lites for indoors and a quad motor souped up Racer and Zorro (inc FPV), all providing smiles with no stress.
Oct 25, 2020, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Yes, I have a massive foamy collection. If you make a jump into balsa, I’d go for a 52 or 60 inch Extreme Flight Edge or Laser depending on you budget. Add an Aura and you be all set.
Thanks for your reply, I am of course thinking longer term, since I just built the Revoloto and have hours of practice ahead to become proficient enough to warrant another plane, especially one that is balsa. But I was curious about your thoughts. Do you fly Balsa much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinteriorguy
Another alternative would be one of Skywings PP skinned planes. Sort of a hybrid between foam and balsa. Available from Northwest RC in either 38” or 48” wingspan. They fly like balsa but not as crunchy. I’ve had a pretty fair collection of 3DHS and EF planes in 48” and they are great, but these days I prefer the Skywing hybrids. Jump up to the 60” size and EF and 3DHS rule the roost for me.
So glad you caught my post and replied. That sounds like a very interesting middle-step between EPP profile and balsa fatty. They seem to fly just fine on YT . Will consider them when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround
I have a 48" EF Extra 300. The plane flies fantastically. Like electrich, I'd probably say to go a bit bigger than 48" but, even with no gyro, I have flown my 48" in some evil winds and it has been beautifully behaved. I put it above all TH stuff but it cost a lot more and will be matchsticks if I get it wrong!!

As it happens, I never put the time into 3D so am basically pretty poo at it. The Extra is used on low rates for conventional aerobatic sequences, at which it excels. It's basically 2 planes in one, albeit I understand it's only 98% of the 3D plane that an Edge or Laser is.

Here is why I like TH so much: I can throw my 39" CY or my Veloxity in the air and do rubbish rolling harriers, have a bit of a hover, do a blender or whatever I can manage, grin and not worry about the ground! Then there is the Clik or Super Lites for indoors and a quad motor souped up Racer and Zorro (inc FPV), all providing smiles with no stress.
I hear ya, I need to become much better before i consider anything with balsa inside haha.. Surprised the Extra is so different than the Edge, guess i haven't compared them side-by-side.

I did snag a Crack Yack Superlite for the Indoor season. The TH/RC Factory addiction has begun....
Oct 25, 2020, 02:11 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elhungarian

I did snag a Crack Yack Superlite for the Indoor season. The TH/RC Factory addiction has begun....
The major problem with TH/RC Factory planes is once you have built and flown one all other EPP planes seem to be lacking...

Mark R.

old_coastie
Latest blog entry: bringbacktheumxjug
Oct 25, 2020, 02:21 PM
I agree.
I liked my 48" RC Factory Extra so much, I bought another one.
Amazing flying airplanes.
Oct 25, 2020, 06:30 PM
We have something very special coming soon for your guys. Don't want to say to much though its something that has been requested from us over the years.
Oct 25, 2020, 06:35 PM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm
We have something very special coming soon for your guys. Don't want to say to much though its something that has been requested from us over the years.
Exciting news!!! Can’t wait- I need something new.
Oct 25, 2020, 08:48 PM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Why so little love for the Revo bipe? Not even a decent building thread on it. I am enjoying my new 30" Crack Pitts, and the Revo seems like the perfect next bipe, but there is very little discussion of here.
Oct 25, 2020, 09:07 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
I love my Revo bipe.
Oct 26, 2020, 04:56 AM
Revo bipe is amazing not much on thread because we are always flying it!!!
Oct 26, 2020, 05:02 AM
This time of year the REVO is pretty much all I fly. Even though it’s just a little foamy it’s as much fun as any plane I have. Once I trimmed the rudder down and eliminated the coupling its an unbelievably nice plane, especially for a bipe.

Quick Reply