Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Mar 12, 2012, 12:14 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
You can turn your UMs into 3d foamies! Thats what i did after getting into twisted hobbys stuff and 3d. Someone sells a small yak airframe that's kinda like the umx 300 you can throw you UM electronics in there and hover and harrier in the house! I even started getting rolling harriers in my front room! Weather is never an issue around this house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz
Well my crack yak does say crack series on it, so I would expect a small yak 55. After flying umx planes though like the suk-26 I wont be going back, just didn't have enough power and a simple gust threw it all over the place.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2012, 12:51 PM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz
Well my crack yak does say crack series on it, so I would expect a small yak 55. After flying umx planes though like the suk-26 I wont be going back, just didn't have enough power and a simple gust threw it all over the place.
The new Extra Slick also says "Crack Series" in it, and the next airplane that we are developing will also be a Crack airplane. And it's going to be awesome.
Mar 12, 2012, 01:26 PM
3D Hack
JC Spohr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
You can turn your UMs into 3d foamies! Thats what i did after getting into twisted hobbys stuff and 3d. Someone sells a small yak airframe that's kinda like the umx 300 you can throw you UM electronics in there and hover and harrier in the house! I even started getting rolling harriers in my front room! Weather is never an issue around this house.
Please name that small Yak kit...

Thanks,

JC
Mar 12, 2012, 01:28 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
http://dynamicfoamy.com/YAK55%20micro.html

this thing looks kinda cool too http://dynamicfoamy.com/DYNEX%202-4.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr
Please name that small Yak kit...

Thanks,

JC
Mar 12, 2012, 01:55 PM
3D Hack
JC Spohr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
I like'm both! But I am drawn to the 2nd one.

JC
Mar 12, 2012, 02:42 PM
Volts>amps
stgdz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
How sturdy are those things? My 4site was not really suited to my "flying style". The suk-26 was better but those tail feathers were vulnerable. I do like my dw yak 55 though but the depron can be a little weak.

I'm hoping the epp will suite me better
Mar 12, 2012, 02:48 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Definitely not that strong. But when you get used to hovering and harriers on the TH stuff you can hover in your front room all day. I know the video is of him flying outside but it's more of an indoor plane. Its comparable to the umx extra 300. Fun but fragile. But if the UMs start collecting dust and the weather sucks it's the go to.
Mar 12, 2012, 02:49 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
And you are going to looove twisteds epp super sturdy. I almost enjoy crashing my TH planes...almost
Mar 12, 2012, 02:52 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
I hope it's coming soon!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
The new Extra Slick also says "Crack Series" in it, and the next airplane that we are developing will also be a Crack airplane. And it's going to be awesome.
Mar 13, 2012, 06:51 AM
High Tech Red Neck
Ron_Dog's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
I hope it's coming soon!!
Me too! I think? Ron
Mar 14, 2012, 10:14 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Next Project!!

For any that have noticed, I have been really busy flying instead of posting. The new little Extra Slick, Crack Yak and 3D Buster have all been seeing lots of good air time the past couple weeks. Getting pretty comfortable with the Buster, so I thought I would venture out a little and try something new..... Can't wait to see how this new plane will fly!!
.
cdee
.
Mar 15, 2012, 10:33 AM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
well i have the day off its raining and my girlfriend is asleep and sick. SIM TIME
I'll be on Phoenix v4 if anyone wants to join
Mar 15, 2012, 11:40 AM
'tis nothing
shunyata's Avatar
The guy in the cockpit of the Slick. He'd better have a helmet on when I take the sticks!

Mar 15, 2012, 12:11 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata
The guy in the cockpit of the Slick. He'd better have a helmet on when I take the sticks!

Yea..... he looks way to casual to be flying 3D... lol... !! And with my flying ability, there should be a look of fear on his face too.. !!
.
cdee
.
Mar 15, 2012, 01:08 PM
Registered User
Aviefly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata
The guy in the cockpit of the Slick. He'd better have a helmet on when I take the sticks!

You need to get the Yak then, he does have a helmet on


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 43" Yak 55 - Build, Fly, Vid hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 1008 Apr 04, 2017 12:39 PM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA Sbach 342 39" Build Thread & Flight Video!!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 497 May 24, 2015 08:01 AM
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 3D Buster EPP Bipe Build Thread, Flight Video just posted!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 578 Apr 21, 2015 04:01 AM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA YAK-55 39" Build Thread/Videos & Flight Video!!!!! cbriggs11 3D Foamies 78 May 28, 2014 05:40 PM
Discussion RC Factory USA - Twisted Hobbys - 1.2m SU 29 Build Thread. hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 97 Oct 19, 2011 06:34 AM