Mar 15, 2014, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee
for those of you that might have missed it..
Sweet plane but holy LiPo's!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2014, 01:45 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerts
Sweet plane but holy LiPo's!
I really hate charging at the field.... lol...
cdee
Mar 17, 2014, 11:51 AM
Team Twisted!
Happy Saint Patty's Day to all... if you have not already drank too much green beer there is still time... or of course you could just fly something green...
cdee
Mar 17, 2014, 12:15 PM
Proverbs 12:15
Would like to fly a Green Laser but wind is gusting to 40+ so probably isn't going to happen today.

Doug B.
Mar 18, 2014, 04:10 PM
Addicted
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee
Pic of 357 Magnum
Still waiting
Mar 19, 2014, 02:00 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow
Still waiting
yea.... not for much longer.... lol...
cdee
Mar 25, 2014, 05:51 AM
Mark Beltran
I have to change the aileron servo in my Crack Pitts. It finally gave out. Any tips on getting out the bad servo and replacing it with a new one?
Mar 25, 2014, 07:35 AM
Flying is Freedom
Well, just like the guy said in the build video, use very little glue on the servos.
So hopefully you followed that and can just use a knife to cut it out.
The good thing about the way the servos are mounted in this plane is there is no backwall that it was glued to so a knife can cut all around it.
On other plane builds I have had to just try and work the servo out because it was glued to a back wall and I wound up pulling a chuck of foam out
Mar 25, 2014, 08:19 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Yeah like SC said pretty much have to cut it out carefully. Not that bad had to do the same on mine. Or you could use acetone to loosen the welders enough to get it out.

Thanks to Dan 5.0 for the tip. Here's how I've been doing on my latest builds. Just put a bead of welders/foam tac around the servo and in the servo cutout, let it dry fully, now there isn't a need to glue them in. The bead keeps them in place and makes it easier to pop them out if needed.
Mar 25, 2014, 09:54 AM
Slopeaholic
I tried some knife edge with my glider, nothing the 3D foamies, but didnt look too bad, the models tend to dive as they arent generating any lift at all!

(12 min 43 sec)
Mar 25, 2014, 10:10 AM
TEAM TWISTED
Man, some are cutting out servos and others are talking about knife edges... you guys are rough and tough today
Mar 25, 2014, 12:41 PM
Team Twisted!
Had a successful maiden of the ssep 357 yesterday. It feels a lot different than the tricopter but still loads of fun. In flight it feels more "planted" while the tri feels more "swooshie". For example if I want to make a sharp turn the tri will drift around the corner making it feel like it's sliding. The quad REALLY grips the air around the corner with a far less slippery feel.
Hoping to go out and try some fpv with it today. Name: uploadfromtaptalk1395769263888.jpg
Views: 69
Size: 68.8 KB
Description:
Last edited by hone1er; Mar 25, 2014 at 01:29 PM.
Mar 25, 2014, 03:44 PM
Mark Beltran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain
Well, just like the guy said in the build video, use very little glue on the servos.
So hopefully you followed that and can just use a knife to cut it out.
The good thing about the way the servos are mounted in this plane is there is no backwall that it was glued to so a knife can cut all around it.
On other plane builds I have had to just try and work the servo out because it was glued to a back wall and I wound up pulling a chuck of foam out
Got the servo out. Not as hard as I thought. I put in a 12gram metal gear (Power HD). Now gotta find some scrap epp.
Mar 25, 2014, 05:02 PM
Slopeaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE
Man, some are cutting out servos and others are talking about knife edges... you guys are rough and tough today
Unfortunately, I missed out on my first indoor session with the CYM and CPM, i was just having too much fun on the slope, by the time i left at 6.30pm, i had no time to charge up, pack up and get to the hall for 6.00pm, maybe next week.
Mar 25, 2014, 05:41 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Jimbo I know you hit the slopes quite a bit. But I was wondering if there is a glider that will do fine in just wind? No slopes here but plenty of wind. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply