Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:51 PM
JForbes is offline
Find More Posts by JForbes
Parkfly Padawan
JForbes's Avatar
JC, if I had a place to fly indoors throughout the colder months/windy days, I would already have purchased it probably... I think I need to save my coins and build an indoor soccer facility here in my little town! lol
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:04 PM
JC Spohr is offline
Find More Posts by JC Spohr
3D Hack
JC Spohr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
JC, if I had a place to fly indoors throughout the colder months/windy days, I would already have purchased it probably... I think I need to save my coins and build an indoor soccer facility here in my little town! lol
The little Slicks fly great outdoors too!

But there is no replacement for the big 48.8" SBach 342. It is unique in that it flies very much like the smaller ones but also like a balsa bird. You have to fly one to experience this. You also get the benefits of it being EPP.

JC
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:39 PM
cwojcik is online now
Find More Posts by cwojcik
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
Indoor season is just around the corner, and all of the awesome airplanes that entails
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:03 PM
cdee is offline
Find More Posts by cdee
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
24g / 26g Motors...

There was no flying joy for me today, windy and rainy, so the flight report on the 26g motor will wait another day.

Winter is coming..... stock up on 360mAh batteries now for your indoor foamie!
.
cdee
.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:38 AM
Kris... is offline
Find More Posts by Kris...
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
I know cdee... I've read through the thread and watched about every youtube clip of it.... My next purchase may be that or RealFlight6.... both will make me better....
I say go for RF6 i bought it a few months ago and its fantastic ! I also own Phoenix and FSonev2 but find i only use RF6 now, especially for 3D you will be stoked ! And the KnifeEdge Swap pages are endless
Last edited by Kris...; Sep 26, 2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:32 PM
Gravitycheat is offline
Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Don't give in to gravity
Gravitycheat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
The little Slicks fly great outdoors too!

But there is no replacement for the big 48.8" SBach 342. It is unique in that it flies very much like the smaller ones but also like a balsa bird. You have to fly one to experience this. You also get the benefits of it being EPP.

JC
Could not agree with you more JC.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:13 PM
7oneWo1f is offline
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
AMF Years
7oneWo1f's Avatar
I want a 3d simulator (with the 3d glasses). I think that is what I am missing.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:21 AM
Kris... is offline
Find More Posts by Kris...
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I want a 3d simulator (with the 3d glasses). I think that is what I am missing.
Reflex XTR2 v.5.05.5 - Worlds First Stereoscopic 3D R/C Flight Simulator (1 min 50 sec)
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:15 AM
7oneWo1f is offline
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
AMF Years
7oneWo1f's Avatar
That is exactly what I am talking about...

Meanwhile,
I need to get some planes built so I can order crack yaks for my son and me.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:58 AM
notruthless is offline
Find More Posts by notruthless
liv nvrtd
Had an opportunity to speak w/ Brad @ Twisted Hobbys yesterday for some servo and power advice. He was very helpful, patient and pleasant. The last words before we hung up were "Call us anytime!". My experiences with Twisted w/ ordering, shipment, email and phone have all been a great example of excellent customer service. Thank you Brad!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:27 AM
JForbes is offline
Find More Posts by JForbes
Parkfly Padawan
JForbes's Avatar
I just got confirmation that my 12 new GenAces packs should be arriving today. Whoo-Hoo.... guess what has two thumbs and won't have to wait over the charger at the flying field as much anymore...... (with two thumbs up, pointing them back at me) THIS GUY!!!!

Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:08 AM
Mr Oz is offline
Find More Posts by Mr Oz
Registered User
Mr Oz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by notruthless View Post
Had an opportunity to speak w/ Brad @ Twisted Hobbys yesterday for some servo and power advice. He was very helpful, patient and pleasant. The last words before we hung up were "Call us anytime!". My experiences with Twisted w/ ordering, shipment, email and phone have all been a great example of excellent customer service. Thank you Brad!
Same here, very helpful when I bought my Crack Yak and Sbach 342 48.8. Everything works perfect and the planes fly awesome!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:33 PM
cdee is offline
Find More Posts by cdee
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
24g / 26g Motors...

There was no flying joy for me today, windy and rainy, so the flight report on the 26g motor will wait another day.

Winter is coming..... stock up on 360mAh batteries now for your indoor foamie!
.
cdee
.
Got 5 or six 3s packs in last night between lighting strikes. On 3s/8in prop, 26g motor works really nicely with the Pitts, very similar to the 24g motor, just a little motor grunt... it does take a little more energy (higher amp draw), so if you are flying with lots of throttle you will notice a slight decrease in flight times. On 2s/9in prop low and slow was nice, but lacked the vertical of the 3s.

Thunder was Crackin' all around me last night, it was kinda fun!!...
.
cdee
.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:38 PM
JForbes is offline
Find More Posts by JForbes
Parkfly Padawan
JForbes's Avatar
Would you say it's worth a motor upgrade for those flying on 2s, or maybe better suited just for the 3s users?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:42 PM
rimaarts is offline
Find More Posts by rimaarts
Registered User
had a strange thing happen flying my telink big slick on its last flight... i dumped a wingtip, actually broke it, after that i just ripped off another wingtip (together shortening wings by around 2-3"), put in a heavier(30 and than 65c) batery, and actually the heavier battery got, the more i liked it... my tail was kinda waggy (?) on a setup, so my guess is bigger power and weight helped but still.... anyway, im finally retiring my slick and getting another buster..


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA Sbach 342 39" Build Thread & Flight Video!!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 497 May 24, 2015 09:01 AM
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 43" Yak 55 - Build, Fly, Vid hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 1007 May 21, 2015 04:02 PM
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 3D Buster EPP Bipe Build Thread, Flight Video just posted!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 578 Apr 21, 2015 05:01 AM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA YAK-55 39" Build Thread/Videos & Flight Video!!!!! cbriggs11 3D Foamies 78 May 28, 2014 06:40 PM
Discussion RC Factory USA - Twisted Hobbys - 1.2m SU 29 Build Thread. hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 97 Oct 19, 2011 07:34 AM