New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:07 PM
3dflyboy1 is offline
Find More Posts by 3dflyboy1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Hey dude don't get new ones. I have heard from a few people that they have dropped in quality. Get a few 2S 20C 500 packs (sky lipos) they are only $2.65 each.
Well the gens ace I had is as old as my slick, so I think I got my money's worth. Sad to hear they've dropped in quality... I really liked the charge rate.

Looks like those sky lipos are out of stock at the moment, but I'll nab some when they're back!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:09 PM
RCAddict16 is offline
Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Suspended Account
Yeah. And they charge at 3C so get a few and they will be as good as the gens ace.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:12 PM
JForbes is offline
Find More Posts by JForbes
Parkfly Padawan
JForbes's Avatar
ha... yea, my original teacher was perhaps set in his ways... but he used expo himself, he just thought it was good to learn without it. Looking back, I see his point, I guess. Now though, as i want to learn and grow as a pilot, I'm open to all the tools that are out there. I know there is still great skill in making these things dance through the sky with the precision and authority that I have seen in some of the vids, but hey, if my tx can make it a little easier for me to keep it in the air and go where I want, when I want, I'm all for it. lol.... I guess it's like an Encyclopedia or Google... both can get you the answers.... ;-)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:14 PM
3dflyboy1 is offline
Find More Posts by 3dflyboy1
Registered User
I'm not sure how much air time the 32" slick will get when my 44" arrives, but I'll order a couple more batts anyway. It's always nice to have a relaxing flight with a slow profile plane!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:04 PM
3flyguy3 is offline
Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Registered User
3flyguy3's Avatar
Who are you waiting to get batteries from? Hobbypartz are out of stock. HK is taking FOOOOORRRREEEVVVVERRR to deliver the ones I ordered.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:07 PM
JForbes is offline
Find More Posts by JForbes
Parkfly Padawan
JForbes's Avatar
my recent order from HK took about 5-7 BUSINESS days longer than it ever has in the past... not sure what's up...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:51 PM
3dflyboy1 is offline
Find More Posts by 3dflyboy1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
Who are you waiting to get batteries from? Hobbypartz are out of stock. HK is taking FOOOOORRRREEEVVVVERRR to deliver the ones I ordered.
I'm waiting on hobbypartz, but I may resort to hobbyking if I can find a battery that's stocked in their US warehouse...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:56 PM
cdee is offline
Find More Posts by cdee
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyboy1 View Post
I'm waiting on hobbypartz, but I may resort to hobbyking if I can find a battery that's stocked in their US warehouse...
stock in the usa warehouse is key...
.
cdee
.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:59 PM
3flyguy3 is offline
Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Registered User
3flyguy3's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
my recent order from HK took about 5-7 BUSINESS days longer than it ever has in the past... not sure what's up...
Was that from US warehouse? I ordered from Hong Kong or wherever they are. I didn't read the fine print. 30-45 days to receive??? I know next time make sure to order from US.

If TH is out of orange receivers is there somewhere else to order elsewhere or wait it out?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:03 PM
trx is offline
trx
Find More Posts by trx
trx
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Exactly what I was thinking!
me too......
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:00 PM
Aaeolien is offline
Find More Posts by Aaeolien
3d addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
Was that from US warehouse? I ordered from Hong Kong or wherever they are. I didn't read the fine print. 30-45 days to receive??? I know next time make sure to order from US.

If TH is out of orange receivers is there somewhere else to order elsewhere or wait it out?
Headsuprc has recievers that work very well I have 3 of them. They aren't orange rx. But work just as well.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:45 PM
3dflyboy1 is offline
Find More Posts by 3dflyboy1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
If TH is out of orange receivers is there somewhere else to order elsewhere or wait it out?
Or you could maybe find one from an RCG member in the classifieds. I've seen quite a few on here.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:34 PM
Krash n Burn is offline
Find More Posts by Krash n Burn
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyboy1 View Post
Well the gens ace I had is as old as my slick, so I think I got my money's worth. Sad to hear they've dropped in quality... I really liked the charge rate.

Looks like those sky lipos are out of stock at the moment, but I'll nab some when they're back!
I ordered some Nano Techs from HK USA and got a decent buddy code. I was waiting for the Gens Aces to come back in stock, but its been 3wks and I saw the reported QA issues with the new ones too. Not quite as cheap as Gens Ace, but not a bad deal. Feel free to use it if you want.

Turnigy nano-tech 460mah 2S 25~40C Lipo Pack (USA Warehouse) $3.18:
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...8-9D162560C983
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:35 PM
RCAddict16 is offline
Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash n Burn View Post
I ordered some Nano Techs from HK USA and got a decent buddy code. I was waiting for the Gens Aces to come back in stock, but its been 3wks and I saw the reported QA issues with the new ones too. Not quite as cheap as Gens Ace, but not a bad deal. Feel free to use it if you want.

Turnigy nano-tech 460mah 2S 25~40C Lipo Pack (USA Warehouse) $3.18:
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...8-9D162560C983
Have you seen the sky lipo 500's? $3.20 each and you can charge at 3C.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:01 PM
Krash n Burn is offline
Find More Posts by Krash n Burn
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Have you seen the sky lipo 500's? $3.20 each and you can charge at 3C.
Yeah, I've been watching those and the 450's, but they haven't been in stock for over 3wks. That's why I ended up getting Nano Techs, tired of waiting. With the buddy code it's the same price as the 500's.

I just posted trying to help others that are in the same situation as me..... I would have got HobbyPartz too, just got tired of being grounded waiting for stock.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA Sbach 342 39" Build Thread & Flight Video!!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 497 May 24, 2015 09:01 AM
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 43" Yak 55 - Build, Fly, Vid hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 1007 May 21, 2015 04:02 PM
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 3D Buster EPP Bipe Build Thread, Flight Video just posted!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 578 Apr 21, 2015 05:01 AM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA YAK-55 39" Build Thread/Videos & Flight Video!!!!! cbriggs11 3D Foamies 78 May 28, 2014 06:40 PM
Discussion RC Factory USA - Twisted Hobbys - 1.2m SU 29 Build Thread. hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 97 Oct 19, 2011 07:34 AM