Oct 14, 2021, 10:48 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43
What I was thinking too. Revolto - 39", lighter CYXL - 43" a touch heavier, bigger packs, etc.
It's the full flying elevator on the Revolto that is the "magic sauce".

Truth be told I don't think Twisted makes a bad plane.

But for PURE wind fighting (Note: I said fighting not dancing) You would be hard to match the EPP Warbird series from Twisted. Smaller but boy can they cut some wind. No pun intended;

o_c
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2021, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie

But for PURE wind fighting (Note: I said fighting not dancing) You would be hard to match the EPP Warbird series from Twisted. Smaller but boy can they cut some wind. No pun intended;

o_c
I put my faith in o_c's comments on flying in the wind being in Lubbock and all.
Oct 15, 2021, 06:26 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Depending on size of "front yard" note that 39" series will fly comfortably in a much smaller space the 43".

In my front yard the 32" series is the most fun, 39" OK but aerobatics/3D is limited to avoid trees, and I take the 43" to the club field.
Oct 15, 2021, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
Depending on size of "front yard" note that 39" series will fly comfortably in a much smaller space the 43".

In my front yard the 32" series is the most fun, 39" OK but aerobatics/3D is limited to avoid trees, and I take the 43" to the club field.
Yup, same here. In the UK I've a good size garden and the 32" series are as large as I can fly.

The 39" are perfect for a small park, they're much bigger and more precise but still very floaty, but the 42" models are in a different league, they like a lot more speed and really need a full flying field.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Oct 15, 2021, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_beyer
I put my faith in o_c's comments on flying in the wind being in Lubbock and all.
Back in ND we had almost the same thing, except we had a steel ball on the end of the chain.
Oct 15, 2021, 09:26 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_beyer
Yah know it really hurts when you laugh so hard that the beer comes out of your nose....

o_c
Oct 15, 2021, 09:28 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinteriorguy
Back in ND we had almost the same thing, except we had a steel ball on the end of the chain.
Did they finally let your wife off that chain? Sorry bad joke but couldn't resist.

o_c
Oct 15, 2021, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie

o_c
Thanks, o_c. But, the Crack Yak XL also has full-flying elevator. I live only about 6 miles from my club flying site, so plenty of space for the bigger model. Looking forward to a 1st foamie model for something completely different. Have been flying 3D helicopters for many years. Needed something truly different more so than simply rotor blade size of another heli...
Oct 16, 2021, 02:09 AM
If you're coming from helis and haven't flown much fixed wing, I would start with a 32" or 39" model. The 39" Edge 540v3 is probably the most relaxing and fun plane I have to fly, and 3S 850mAh packs are dirt cheap.

It can slow right down which is great for learning your orientations (knife edge in a plane is a whole new set of skills), but is also more than capable of handling everything you can throw at it. Definitely a better platform for learning and playing than a 42" Crack Yak XL as it's just that bit more forgiving in the air.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Oct 16, 2021, 08:45 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
[QUOTE.... it's just that bit more forgiving in the air.[/QUOTE]

And a lot more forgiving if it hits the ground.
Oct 16, 2021, 04:20 PM
CYXL shipped this past week, so 43" it is. Will see how this goes. Friend from my club who has a 39" model encouraged me to go bigger if possible. It's sure to be a fun endeavor. Nothing compares to the cost of even my smallest helis meeting the ground.
Oct 16, 2021, 05:16 PM
I am still loving my Nemesis Racer, such a versatile flyer and super fun to fly.
Oct 16, 2021, 06:42 PM

New to the fleet.

Finished the CTB today and maidened her in some blustery conditions but she held her own better than me. LED lights will be added soon. Using some 2s 650mah, she goes vertical fairly well with a cheap 2206 1450kv motor. Might try 3s later.
Oct 16, 2021, 09:14 PM
I was flying a 46" balsa electric profile in the same space, so the 43" XL birds shouldn't be an issue. I've got plenty of room. Only real obstacle is a light pole about 50yds away, but that's easily avoided...haven't contacted it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder

Oct 17, 2021, 06:28 AM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCipolla
I was flying a 46" balsa electric profile in the same space, so the 43" XL birds shouldn't be an issue. I've got plenty of room. Only real obstacle is a light pole about 50yds away, but that's easily avoided...haven't contacted it yet
You must NOT be Irish or you would NEVER have said (written) that out loud...

Now that light pole has one of your planes name written all over it.

o_c

Quick Reply