Feb 18, 2020, 10:47 PM
Soar high, huck low
For “trial and error” 3D flying, the original 32 inch Crack Yak is hard to beat. Perfect for small fields, light enough to absorbs unplanned landings and easy to build and maintain. Flies great on cheap 2S or 3S packs.
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2020, 12:07 AM
hi dale and electrich, OK so the Crak Yak. so what makes this plane better or easier than the Edge or Flash? i know you guy's have a life time more worth of flying than me, just trying to learn why this is the better choice. i know opinions are like...well you know..LOL. also since i still fly everything i own with a stabilizer,can i use one, or not needed with these planes,and that's where i thought the 39" would be better for wind,and thanks again to all of you with the help.
Feb 19, 2020, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
Nothing crazy here..Just simple 3D...https://youtu.be/gb6HrlJrjc4
hi dale, would be great one day when i can fly like this,but that is not the case. that is the reason i still fly at the park or the flying field. i am hopeful,but realistic with my flying skills right now.
Feb 19, 2020, 12:12 AM
Soar high, huck low
The 39 is more robust in the wind thanks to more mass and more power. The new v3 Edge is a monster.

I like the versatility, and smaller size of the 32, but it’s purely due to the fact my yard is better suited to a smaller plane, and I have dozens of batteries for the 32 inch line.

You can’t go wrong with either, it’s just a matter of which one fits your wish list.
Feb 19, 2020, 12:30 AM
that's the dam problem with this and all of my other hobbies i have had in my lifetime (and that's a sh*t load of them) i like them all!! guess i will have to make a choice,or do i.....LOL.thanks again,mike. have a great night guy's,time to hit the rack...
Feb 19, 2020, 12:48 AM
What Mike said. In vid i was flying plane slow butt still pretty agile. When i went vertical it was full throttle ,as u could see it was quite zippy. Batt. was only a 800. Also i fly the TH planes with no expo. Like Mike said you can't go wrong with any of them. The 48in Sbach is also very agile at slow speeds and of course i fly it in my yard. LOL
Feb 19, 2020, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
What Mike said. In vid i was flying plane slow butt still pretty agile. When i went vertical it was full throttle ,as u could see it was quite zippy. Batt. was only a 800. Also i fly the TH planes with no expo. Like Mike said you can't go wrong with any of them. The 48in Sbach is also very agile at slow speeds and of course i fly it in my yard. LOL
great, now you throw in the Sbach...
Feb 19, 2020, 07:15 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
What's the best build thread around for modern 39's? The Flash Reloaded manual is nothing but a collection of pictures. People who do good write ups usually discuss tips and problems they encountered.
Feb 20, 2020, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
There are a huge number of planes that fly easily in that kind of breeze. What kind of plane do you want to fly? I recently bought this crazy cheap acro plane. They call it F3a, but no, maybe F3a inspired. But it's extremely precise and flies better (or at least lands better) in wind than calm. More aerobatic than 3D ish, but it will do most of the basic 3D moves. And very fast and rock solid. Not EPP though -- you don't want to crash it a lot.

http://www.valuehobby.com/airplanes/...s-f3a-pnp.html
I have one in a box. Its next up on the table. Also have a ArtiZan e new in the box... need mo time.
Feb 21, 2020, 04:39 PM
I just got my order from TH. I ordered a Veloxity but received an Edge.
My question is the vertical portion of the fuselage( top and bottom) are joined together. I assume I have to cut them apart? The manual is not clear.
Feb 21, 2020, 05:53 PM
Sorry to have had this happen JPBILL, believe the new stock must be missed in now with the Green Edge's. Email twistedhobbys or pm me your information so we can address this with you quickly. Regarding your question, yes the Edge XL requires cutting the fuse down the center.
Feb 21, 2020, 06:15 PM
Thanks, I'll decide which one.
What are differences between the 2 models?
Feb 21, 2020, 07:02 PM
Soar high, huck low
Both are very capable fliers and the equipment is interchangeable. I had the Edge XL. It a great plane and carves nice lines in the sky and also slows down for 3D. The Veloxity is a little more of a walk on the wild side.
Feb 21, 2020, 08:04 PM
Thanks
Feb 21, 2020, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
Both are very capable fliers and the equipment is interchangeable. I had the Edge XL. It a great plane and carves nice lines in the sky and also slows down for 3D. The Veloxity is a little more of a walk on the wild side.
hi mike, what is the deal with the Crak Yak, i noticed that the leading edge is FLAT? what does that do as far as the way this plane flies? thanks,mike.

Quick Reply