WW1 Flight next year? - RC Groups
Oct 03, 2011, 01:00 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Discussion

WW1 Flight next year?

Anyone interested in a WW1 flight at next year's NEAT similar to the Battle of Britain Flight this year? I think that it would look pretty cool having all of those slow flying eindeckers, biplanes and triplanes wheeling about. Anyone interested if SEFLI will allow it? Be neat to see something like in the pic below except more, lots more...

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Oct 04, 2011, 12:52 AM
www.danlandisinc.com
If I can make it, I would be interested.
Oct 04, 2011, 08:45 AM
Very good! Your dad flew the Dr1 this year and it looked great.
Oct 04, 2011, 09:16 AM

sign me up

I am onboard for that program, I flew a h9 fokker dvii and h9 sopwith camel this year, NEAT is a great venue for this idea
Oct 04, 2011, 09:37 AM
Chris-- I watched you fly both this year. Nicely flown. Kicking myself for passing up a great deal on an H9 Camel about a year ago!

Mike
Oct 05, 2011, 08:21 AM
I'm in! Are we talking Any size or say 36 - 48 " max. Gets crowded up there if the planes become too large. With the BoB and Mass WB I use planes that I don't mind parting with A WW1 Fur Ball would look really cool!

Dennis
Oct 05, 2011, 09:52 AM
I'd say any size would be allowed. The really big stuff should stay high but I don't know if anyone would be willing to risk one of the big birds in the crowded sky. I guess we'll have to see how many planes show up for it. There's a pic in one of the Hoosier Dawn Patrol threads of a tiny Flyzone Albatros mangled and caught in the wing wires of a huge Jenny. At NEAT I got lightly mid-aired on the maiden flight of my Eflite DVII 250 with minimal damage. Happens sometimes...
Oct 05, 2011, 10:35 AM
Yeh... Stuff happens, but that's the thrill... We get to show the battle scars!
I got nipped in the Mass Carnage... but that's what glue and duck tape are for Having that many wings in the air will be awsome!

Good thing is that most respect that it is Not a contact event

Dennis
Oct 06, 2011, 08:30 PM
I'm all in, if you don't mind me flying a 3rd.
Oct 08, 2011, 08:23 AM

its the planes, not me :)

Those H9 Arf's are just nice flyers, except for landing WWI stuff you have to be a real hack to mess up the actual flights on those birds, get one if you ever have the chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
Chris-- I watched you fly both this year. Nicely flown. Kicking myself for passing up a great deal on an H9 Camel about a year ago!

Mike
Oct 08, 2011, 10:38 AM

neat fair

great idea have to get WW1 plane
Oct 08, 2011, 11:44 AM
Just Plane Crazy

Just My Opinion

Hello all:

This is just my opinion but I think it would be awesome.

Think of the awesome photos and videos that can be had with a mass of slow fliers in the air. Not to mention the specticle it would be. They are easy birds to get to fly in formation.

Just My Opinion.

Ta Ta for now.

Paul
Last edited by datazman; Oct 08, 2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: more input.
Oct 08, 2011, 03:45 PM
Someone would have to provide Tom with the appropriate sound track, with lots of rotary engines blipping on & off and with lots of slow machinegun fire! Maybe even some wind-in-the-wires, too?

CD
Oct 11, 2011, 07:11 AM
And at the start one of the howling alert sirens

Dennis
Last edited by DAndreas; Oct 11, 2011 at 07:25 AM.
Oct 11, 2011, 07:26 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAndreas
And at the start one of the howling alert sirens

Dennis

Sirens? We dont need them..... We have Tom