Oct 01, 2011, 09:23 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Updated to latest Firmware V. 3.1.44 but no luck in running.

Hi Folks,
I just updated the latest firmware from Hoverfly Firmware Update Client to V. 3.1.448 from V. 2.366 and I wasn't able to arm the Quad. I reflashed twice more and still no luck. In the Set-up utility the Artificial Horizon and Altitude indicator were working and the Diagnotics test boxes were checked when I moved the Quad.

The Quad worked and flew with V. 2.366 before the latest update so I decided to re-install V. 2.366 and now I am unable to even arm the Quad with this older version. I have double checked that the dip switches were in the proper position and everything in the Set-up utility was fine there as well. The Quad worked fine before and now I can't get it to work at all. I don't think I missed anything but any help would be appreciated at this time. I guess I should have left everything as it was.

I have solved the problem. I failed to remove the USB plug from the board. Once I did that I was able arm the Quad. Now I am using the latest firmware with no problems. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Bob
Last edited by BobsQuad; Oct 01, 2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Error in one of the numbers.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2011, 09:47 PM
does it include octos update ?????
Oct 01, 2011, 10:01 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Hi Bob,
I saw your post and just tried the new firmware in a quad and for me it worked ok.
I would suggest the first thing to do would be to try flashing the new firmware again. Keep an eye on making sure you pick the right board and configuration. I had to make a double check when I saw the GPS board in the firmware.
Before you reflash it might also be a good idea to check your trims and sub trims and put them all back to zero.
Good luck!
Oct 01, 2011, 10:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky
Hi Bob,
I saw your post and just tried the new firmware in a quad and for me it worked ok.
I would suggest the first thing to do would be to try flashing the new firmware again. Keep an eye on making sure you pick the right board and configuration. I had to make a double check when I saw the GPS board in the firmware.
Before you reflash it might also be a good idea to check your trims and sub trims and put them all back to zero.
Good luck!
Hi Mike
I solved the problem. I failed to remove the USB plug from the board while in the Set-up Client. Once I did that I was able arm the Quad. Now I am using the latest firmware with no problems. With these Quads it looks like I'll have to make a check list to prevent any snags down the road and more so now that the GPS is out.

I do have another question though while you're reading this post. With the new firmware installed will that affect my Gain settings that I now have? Should I start low again and work up to the ideal gain?

Bob
Oct 01, 2011, 11:07 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Bob, I put my board back into the Y6 it was in and ref lashed etc. The gain settings I had before work fine with the new firmware. I think the things that have the biggest impact on gain if using the same configuration and setup would be changes in weight, props or wind. If it gets really windy i sometimes up my gain settings a bit but I think you should be ok with what you had.
Oct 02, 2011, 06:29 AM
What goes around comes around.
Just after seeing this, so i flashed my hex to new firmware, Big problem now.. no power seems to be getting to the board.. continious beeps, no lights. So i plugged it back in & now it doesnt seem to be getting power from the usb lead? Well i reflashed back to 2.366 & still no lights & continious beeps, the board doesnt seem to be getting power.. I havent changed anything else.. Any ideas, was just about to head out for a flight.
Oct 02, 2011, 08:10 AM
3, 4, 6, 8 rotors... plus phot
Be sure to do the update with the right switch positions.
This is the first source of problems when updating firmware on the HFP.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squigg
Just after seeing this, so i flashed my hex to new firmware, Big problem now.. no power seems to be getting to the board.. continious beeps, no lights. So i plugged it back in & now it doesnt seem to be getting power from the usb lead? Well i reflashed back to 2.366 & still no lights & continious beeps, the board doesnt seem to be getting power.. I havent changed anything else.. Any ideas, was just about to head out for a flight.
Oct 02, 2011, 08:20 AM
Yes Masquerade, had the switches in right positions, at the right times. & selected the correct config (HEX) & the right board (HFP). Have updated in the past with no probs??
Oct 02, 2011, 11:02 AM
Could sound stupid but. .. is your power board plug and battery connected. That happens to me this morning.
Oct 02, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hi elossam, i wish it was that easy, i think the board might have to go back, no lights coming on whatsoever :-(
Oct 02, 2011, 01:26 PM
Sorry to heard that. I was able to do everything except the temperature calibration. Tried it several times spacing 15 min each but no luck. Even having the latest firmware loaded the last stage of the calibration procedure ask me to update to the latest firmware and once accepted is pressed the board blinks red and nothing happens. Is the temperature calibration for the GPS board only?
Oct 03, 2011, 12:03 AM
Sky blue near dusk
Typically, no lights means you had the switch in the wrong position during flashing.

Read here:
http://www.hoverflytech.com/uploads/...sGuideV2_1.pdf
Page: 68

Quote:
Hi elossam, i wish it was that easy, i think the board might have to go back, no lights coming on whatsoever :-(
Oct 03, 2011, 01:40 AM
Hey Sid thanks, i feel very stupid now.. the eyesight must be failing me in me old age, i had the switches the wrong way about, a magnifying glass helped me out this morning, all working now on the new firmware installed, Very relieved & happy that she doesnt have to go back. Sorry for the panic!! Was there any update in the new firmware for the hex?
Oct 03, 2011, 01:48 AM
Sky blue near dusk
Glad you got it sorted.

See here for firmware changes
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9&postcount=15

Quote:
Hey Sid thanks, i feel very stupid now.. the eyesight must be failing me in me old age, i had the switches the wrong way about, a magnifying glass helped me out this morning, all working now on the new firmware installed, Very relieved & happy that she doesnt have to go back. Sorry for the panic!! Was there any update in the new firmware for the hex?
Oct 03, 2011, 05:02 PM
Cheers ..I am having problems with the camera stabilization though, servos are crazy jittering, & no response from the roll stabilization, Cant seem to save the parameter settings either in the new setup client.

Quick Reply