Thread Tools
Oct 04, 2011, 06:24 AM
Registered User
alexandermh's Avatar
[QUOTE=LuvEvolution7;19497634]is it possible that they are making excuses for you guys in the US because they have an American warehouse that you can order from?

Except they don't have it at the American warehouse.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 04, 2011, 06:29 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
jayb1rdz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b
Yay I has finally been dispatched.
My order was placed and confirmed within 15 minutes of receiving the arrival email. I posted here after I placed my order.....and still not dispatched
Oct 04, 2011, 06:31 AM
Life begins at transition
Not yet, nor do they have it in the Aussie one.
Give it time. Like most things, it will probably be listed in the HK first, then roll out to the satellites.

Not everything needs to be released in the US first, especially when dealing with HK based companies. Makes sense to ship them as soon as they can, to those they can, no?

(as for the 2mm - I've knocked back cargo at work for less before... if it doesn't meet the US's reg's, it doesn't cross the border, simple.)

Jay - I'm the same. it's got 3 ticks, desperately waiting the 4th! My SM89's begging for a new home...
Oct 04, 2011, 07:06 AM
Registered User
Rapunzel's Avatar
Hi,
I ordered at 26th of Sep - still got only three ticks and waiting for being shipped!

Stefan
Last edited by Rapunzel; Oct 04, 2011 at 09:58 AM.
Oct 04, 2011, 08:35 AM
Registered User
i ordered mine on the 15th of sept.. and have waited till today as they have been out of stock till a few days ago for my order to be shipped. had 3 e-mails today from HK with tracking number etc..will take 4-7 days to arrive... stoked
Oct 04, 2011, 09:50 AM
Registered User
Ordered mine on day 14 as soon as it was available...
Hk sent me a "your order has been shipped" email on day 20...
Tracking became available on 23 and says "The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 26-Sep-2011" since day 26. Hasn't changed a bit since then... I m starting to wonder if they're delivering it on foot
Oct 04, 2011, 10:00 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysis
Not yet, nor do they have it in the Aussie one.
Give it time. Like most things, it will probably be listed in the HK first, then roll out to the satellites.

Not everything needs to be released in the US first, especially when dealing with HK based companies. Makes sense to ship them as soon as they can, to those they can, no?

(as for the 2mm - I've knocked back cargo at work for less before... if it doesn't meet the US's reg's, it doesn't cross the border, simple.)

Jay - I'm the same. it's got 3 ticks, desperately waiting the 4th! My SM89's begging for a new home...
I didn't say that it should have been released in the US first---Just make it available!!!...Hobby King needs to make me the manager of their US warehouse...You can't do business from empty shelves...

Kevin
Oct 04, 2011, 10:09 AM
Registered User
Rapunzel's Avatar
Quote:
I m starting to wonder if they're delivering it on foot
Delivery from HK-Warehouse to Europe (Germany) usually takes anything beteen 2-4 weeks. Then the customs catches it where the parcel stays another few days...

be patient!

Stefan
Oct 04, 2011, 10:17 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel
Delivery from HK-Warehouse to Europe (Germany) usually takes anything beteen 2-4 weeks. Then the customs catches it where the parcel stays another few days...

be patient!

Stefan
I have no rush, and I already knew it would take a long while, but this is air parcel, it's not a container going from the hk to the german warehouse. From hk to italy it usually takes 2/3 days at most. Then it gets stuck in the customs for 3 weeks... but that's a different story, and it's caused by the lame country I live in...
Oct 04, 2011, 10:35 AM
Registered User
Rapunzel's Avatar
Hi,
i did not write about containers going to the de warehouse! I've got no idea how long this may take...
I wrote about airmail parcels! Maybe they use carrier pigeons... However, it doesn't change anything! Waiting is pain in the a** to me! But that's how it is!

Stefan
Oct 04, 2011, 10:39 AM
Registered User
Sorry, I misunderstood: somehow I just read hk wh -> de wh...
Oct 04, 2011, 10:45 AM
Soggy Scotland
pilotrcuk's Avatar
Stefan, where do you fly? Germany is a beautiful place, I've visited twice, the last time a few years ago we flew into Frankfurt, and drove down the Rhein to Koblenz, then followed the Mosel down to Baden Baden, then looped back up to Dusseldorf. Fantastic wineries all along the river, many good flying spots - I was expecting to see some large scale RC gliders in the Black Forest!!

Next trip we want to visit Munich... Isn't there a good RC shop in Memmingen - Andys Hobbies? Think I bought an mc24 from there many years ago...

Al
Oct 04, 2011, 11:18 AM
Registered User
Rapunzel's Avatar
Hi,
indeed, you did a great tour in a lovely region!
I moved from Augsburg to Munich 1 1/2 years ago and still couldn't find the right club for me. That's why I'm still member in Augsburg (electric planes do have their own, paved runway there, charging station,... hard to beat!) However, as I've got a two year old son I don't really have time for my hobby anymore anyway. He is more important than my hobby!

I know Andies Hobbyshop mainly from the internet. Only been once there personally - but they closed right when I arrived (inspite I called them in before hand and only wanted to pick up a MC 22 plus loads of extras for about 1.000 EUR). That's been it to me - I ordered my TX somewhere else!

Stefan
Oct 04, 2011, 01:50 PM
Registered User
LuvEvolution7's Avatar
[QUOTE=alexandermh;19498332]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7
is it possible that they are making excuses for you guys in the US because they have an American warehouse that you can order from?

Except they don't have it at the American warehouse.
I wasn't suggesting that they have it at the warehouse, just that it's probably the reason why they discourage shipping to the states when they have a warehouse there. being in the transportation industry, I can almost guarantee that the problem lies in HK's ability to fill a container for shipping. it takes a while to fill one and they won't ship one without it being full. you'll get them, but it's a matter of when at this point. the main warehouse is always going to get them first, especially when they don't have to ship them to get them. it's too bad you can't order directly, but apparantly patience is a virture, isn't it?
Oct 04, 2011, 02:02 PM
Registered User
alexandermh's Avatar
[QUOTE=LuvEvolution7;19501734]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandermh

I wasn't suggesting that they have it at the warehouse, just that it's probably the reason why they discourage shipping to the states when they have a warehouse there. being in the transportation industry, I can almost guarantee that the problem lies in HK's ability to fill a container for shipping. it takes a while to fill one and they won't ship one without it being full. you'll get them, but it's a matter of when at this point. the main warehouse is always going to get them first, especially when they don't have to ship them to get them. it's too bad you can't order directly, but apparantly patience is a virture, isn't it?
LOL. Patience in the RC community???


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New HobbyKing Viper Jet 70mm Fibreglass Jet Jagzilla Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1591 Sep 05, 2016 06:48 PM
Wanted SAPAC Viper Jet 70MM ZACATTACK Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 4 Oct 04, 2011 03:39 PM
Discussion Hobbyking 90mm viperjet Gaz-b Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 29 Sep 29, 2011 07:13 PM
Cool New 90MM Viper, 90MM Hawk and G500 CRCJA Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2 Aug 18, 2011 05:38 AM
Discussion Has anyone seen the Hobbyking Viper Jet? joe_crash Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2 May 03, 2011 04:07 PM