Jan 17, 2012, 03:15 AM
@pavcon:
did you already receive the EPF struts? How do they fit? What's your impression regarding quality and size?

THX
Stefan
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2012, 06:22 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel
@pavcon:
did you already receive the EPF struts? How do they fit? What's your impression regarding quality and size?

THX
Stefan
yes.. I already did.. you need to assemble them.. and thy need some weird size hex drivers. Quality is VERY good easily compared to very expensive ones. the wheels look large enough. I cahaven't start the build but Ive taken my wings out of the box to see how and if they will fit. well They will fit but the wheels are a bit fat so I guesstimate they might stick out a little, 2mm the most... I will take a photo later on with the struts and wings to give you an idea. Check later on about 2 hours and I will post them.

The prob is that tey seem to need a 5mm shaft so I will have to make a 3 to 5mm struto to make them fit in the changesun retracts.. IF I wventually use those and not the prodesign ones.
Jan 17, 2012, 09:43 AM
Hi Pavcon,

if you compare the prodesign and the EPF struts - what's your opinion?
To me the prodesign struts are too fragil and small.
Do larger tires fit to the EPF struts - let's say 50-55mm?

Stefan
Jan 17, 2012, 11:07 AM
Gotz tha Jet Feeva!!
Has anyone been successful in fabricating retract doors for the Viperjet? From what I've read, the retract portion of the build seems to be somewhat challenging.

Also, do the wings need to be fitted permanently, or can they easily be detached?

I love this jet, and hope to get one soon. Gonna angle for a Father's Day gift. LOL.
Jan 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hi,
those, who made the wings detachable (as I did) used multiplex multilocks (search this thread!).
I wouldn't consider the tetract build as challanging - but it is not a arf model for this part of the build! Gear doors? Not seen yet - but shouldn't be a big deal.

Stefan
Jan 17, 2012, 12:21 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Hi Pavcon,

if you compare the prodesign and the EPF struts - what's your opinion?
To me the prodesign struts are too fragil and small.
Do larger tires fit to the EPF struts - let's say 50-55mm?

Stefan
first of all sorry i didnt make it home ontime to post some pictures
im working nightshift tonight so i will try to do this tomorrow

comparing the two struts well the epf look more sturdy.. But the prodesign are of a very good aluminum and i dont expect them to bend or be damaged on even the hardest landings. The epf ones are also good but the problem might be that we may not be able to hide them in the wing wells.
And thats a problem

The prodesign also look more scale. It will be a hard descission. Also the pd struts are a lot lighter and it wont be a problem fitting them in the changesun retracts.
Jan 17, 2012, 12:49 PM
Gotz tha Jet Feeva!!
I saw the multilocks. Nice little gadget, although it looks like you have to put some trust in them. How do they disengage?
Jan 17, 2012, 12:52 PM
Hi,
I just found another option:

best about it is the width of only 14mm - bad thing is the price!!!

http://www.rc-warbirds.com/product_i...oducts_id=1021

or:

http://www.aero-tech.ch/en/retract-s...n&currency=EUR

Stefan
Jan 17, 2012, 12:52 PM
Suspended Account
im also interested in the removable wings. Where can i find the multilocks???
Jan 17, 2012, 12:56 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Hi,
I just found another option:

best about it is the width of only 14mm - bad thing is the price!!!

http://www.rc-warbirds.com/product_i...oducts_id=1021

or:

http://www.aero-tech.ch/en/retract-s...n&currency=EUR

Stefan
Think again. These are up to 1.8kg plane.. I expect mine to be around 3.5kg
Jan 17, 2012, 02:40 PM
Turdoe Must Go!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Pashin
I saw the multilocks. Nice little gadget, although it looks like you have to put some trust in them. How do they disengage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon
im also interested in the removable wings. Where can i find the multilocks???
Here ya go...http://www.multiplex-rc.de/produkte/...f4cde38b9d3544
Jan 17, 2012, 02:45 PM
TakeOff=optional,Landing= Must
Is anyone pining their hinges or just relying on CA to hold them in?
Jan 17, 2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster
Hey Vettster,

it looks like you put your viper back together pretty good after a spill. Did you just use some glass and filler to get it back in shape?

Thx in advance for any input
Jan 17, 2012, 03:14 PM
Fly it like you stole it !
fg
I don't bother pinning hinges these days. If you can't rip them out by hand I doubt if they will come out in flight.
Purple
I will be making my gear doors from 1.5m carbon fibre...after I'm happy everything else works...will b an easy job.
Pav
Talk to your glider friends about Muiltilocks...if you're stuck there is a AUS supplier listed in an earlier post.
Rapunzel
Those Sapac struts are too light.

Guys...I must repeat my earlier comment..Finding a strut thats not too long for the weight is the big problem.

Bob
Jan 17, 2012, 03:26 PM
Gotz tha Jet Feeva!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster
Not a bad idea. I assume the red wedge is the disengaging device.

Quick Reply