Sep 29, 2011, 02:19 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Twisted Hobbys - Telink 3D Buster EPP Bipe Build Thread, Flight Video just posted!!!!

The Telink 3DBuster is finally here! The 3D Buster is designed and manufactured by Telink of Czech Republic Europe. The Buster is yet another result of Ido Segev and Telink's amazing hard work and talent to achieve yet another 3d EPP monster! I was surprised when i opened the box, it looks beautiful! and it looks like its going to be a true 3D Monster

Thanks to Brad of Twisted Hobbys, for letting me do this one, i will be doing a full build thread with pictures and flight videos!, i will start the build tonight after work. If you are interested in the updates please subscribe, i will try to keep all the updates on the first post to keep it organized and easy to browse! Hope you guys all enjoy it! I for sure can't wait to fly it

Here is the link to Twisted Hobby 3D Buster product page

http://shop.twistedhobbys.com/Telink...-3D-Buster.htm

Here is my video of it

Twisted Hobbys / Telink 3D Buster flown by Daniel Dominguez (6 min 5 sec)
Last edited by aerofundan; Oct 10, 2011 at 09:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2011, 02:20 PM
Thread OP
Ok guys, here is the rest of the build completed!
Last edited by aerofundan; Oct 02, 2011 at 06:53 PM.
Sep 29, 2011, 04:50 PM
Subscribed. Should be able to get one next week. Love me some bipe.
Sep 30, 2011, 08:59 AM
The bipe with bite, I love it and this is very cool Daniel. Can't wait to see you fly one since I have always admired the way you flew the AMR which is amazing to say the least!
Sep 30, 2011, 09:41 PM
Thread OP
Ok guys, first build update posted, will continue the build tomorrow! So far i can say the most important is to be careful, and not mess up the ailerons like i did by mistake, and didnt cut the top wing ailerons right... not a big worry anyway, you can see the pics on the top to see what i'm talking about, anyway i think it ended up looking pretty cool too with the different top wing aileron shape.
Oct 01, 2011, 05:14 AM
Looking good Dan, I used to always install the cf rods in the wings and fuse on my EPP planes with ca and it worked pretty good. But on the Big ExtraSlick I tried it with welders and I must say I like it better. I have dorked it in pretty hard [enough to break the motor mount] and none of the rods popped out of the fuse. I think if I had used ca that they probably would have popped loose like I have seen happen to some others. It probably added more weight to do it this way but that dosn't seem to bother the plane so what the heck, I prefer the added toughness than to be slightly lighter. Besides I don't think it would be that much extra weight. But then I'm a big fan of Welders, I have built many EPP planes in the last few years and tried just about every adhesive you can imagine, and IMHO you just can't beat Welders. I even use it to seal gaps on things like hor stabs on some of my balsa's by laying a small fillet of Welders in.
Oct 02, 2011, 11:18 AM
Thread OP
Ok guys, second build session posted on the 2nd post.

Thanks for the tip! i agree completely with you about welders! i think both glues work just perfect, but definately as you say, Welders wins the award for durability by giving a bit of flex. With this plane i'm looking to make it as rigid as possible, thats the reason i went with CA. Also to speed up the build process! But anyway, you can use any glue that you have good experience with, and it will be perfect! it is a fun build for sure!
Oct 02, 2011, 01:56 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Nice looking build thread Dan! Looking forward to some VIIIIIDDDDDEEEEEOOOOO!!!
Oct 02, 2011, 06:09 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Chris!, ok great news guys! i finished the build today (will post the remaining pics later), and was able to get a few flights on it today! and got a bit of it on video too! it was very dark so i dont know how the footage came out, but anyway the airplane flys awesome!!! completely different than anything i have flown! it is very FUN to fly roll rate is awesome, rudder authority is agressive! it makes awesome snaps to hover and blenders!!! i love it
Oct 02, 2011, 06:54 PM
Thread OP
Ok guys also, the rest of the build thread has been finished, if you guys have any questions about the build please let me know and i will try my best to help.
Oct 02, 2011, 08:15 PM
Suspended Account
Great job Dan, can't wait for the vid
Oct 03, 2011, 04:50 AM
the bird that can't fly..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777
Nice looking build thread Dan! Looking forward to some VIIIIIDDDDDEEEEEOOOOO!!!
What he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 03, 2011, 12:13 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dbuster
what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d :d
+1...:d
Oct 04, 2011, 10:21 AM
Thread OP
lol, thanks guys!! i have a bit of footage, but i think i will fly it and tune it a bit more before doing the video!, so far, i need to get a tiny bit more down elevator throw, and play a bit more with dual rates and expo! but man it flys beautiful, really tracks amazing, slow rolling circles are amazing! also point rolls and slow rolls are just WOW! So not only it is capable of crazy 3D, it can also fly amazing precision! Great job Ido!!!
Oct 04, 2011, 07:44 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Hey all,

Twisted just started a competition for a new RC Factory Edge that is coming out. Post some pictures of yourself with a Twisted (RCF or Telink USA) plane to win a new Edge and combo from Twisted!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...97&postcount=4

Lets see your Twisted pics!

Quick Reply