Jan 17, 2017, 12:31 PM
Hamburger
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Oz--
Increasing timing can help with desync, but it can cost effiency and more heat in motor, so increase slowly and check temps every 30~60 seconds.
FYI, them esc's are sub standard compared to todays stuff.
More info on timing
http://owenduffy.net/rc/tools/bldca.htm
Thank you.
I was hoping for someone remembering how to configure such combination.
OwenD has been very helpful and still is.

Slow progress. Updates to follow
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2017, 08:16 AM
But I had some problem. I installed com0com for virtual serial port. It worked in Win 7 but not in Win 8.1 because the driver are not signed. But I found other software Null Modem Emulator. It works in the same way as com0com and totally supports Windows http://www.eltima.com/products/virtual-null-modem/
Mar 05, 2017, 09:48 PM
Fly No Evil

Multistar OPTO 45a BLHeli 14.9

I just recently flashed 8 Multistar 45a OPTO ESCs with BLHeli 14.9. I used a USBasp and HK's ATMega flashing tool. Since the USBasp wasn't being recognized by avrdude in the Win10 VM -- using BLHeliSuite --, I used avrdude from the command line on my Mac. My command line is as follows:
Code:
avrdude -c usbasp -p m8 -U flash:w:MULTISTAR_45A_MULTI_REV14_9.HEX
Each ESC sung it's song upon completion of flashing. I am able to perform a calibration using a Flysky Rx, and the Multistar 4830 motors appear to spin just fine. I did NOT flash a bootloader; either SK or BLHeli. According to the BLHeli Supported ESCs doc, the Multistar 45a does not support a bootloader on the signal pin. The problem I'm having is that I'm unable to program them.

Neither BLHeliSuite or BLHeli Configurator are able to see the ESCs using Betaflight 3.1.5 passthrough on a Revo. Also, when I power up the ESCs at full throttle, I receive the tone for reading the max throttle, but I never gets the beeps afterwards to program other features. How can I program these ESCs? Must I use the ATmega tool every time? I'm hoping there is a 1-wire solution here. Thanks!
Mar 13, 2017, 05:39 PM

Copterdeluxe 30A what firmware

Hi, I bought those ages ago but have not used them yet but might need some 30A ESCs soon.

They come with SimonK according to the label.

Does anyone know which SimonK FW to install to update those?

I would preferable flash them with BLHeli but can't seem to ID the ESC.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Stefan
May 03, 2017, 12:39 PM
I just bought these Readytosky 30A ESC's from AliExpress.
Anyone have any experience with these?

I checked the opening post, but can't seem to find any pictures of ESC's which match these.
They do seem to have 6 program pads, but I don't know how what they correspond to.