Jan 28, 2012, 01:47 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
I was able to fly my T-copter outside a bit after work tonight. I seemed to be having a bunch of interference, copter twiching around and motors dropping out for a fraction of a second then coming back on (this sound familiar Chatch?), I'm using FrSky radio gear, so I tried a different (brand new) receiver... same thing. I had been using PPM Sum so I went to a standard receiver connection... same thing. So I put a 72 mhz receiver on it and the trouble went away (sound familiar Chatch?). Anyone else flying 2.4 having radio trouble after flashing the new firmware?
lol. the only problem I've had with 72MHz is that I'm using a glitchy corona receiver. I have a Futaba that will be here today and the problem will go away. Bad thing is the channel 26 crystal will be here Monday
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinthesky
but I think your photo is actually a HK-SS30A, describe by HK as "Hobbyking SS Series 25-30A ESC" (ie, non card-programmable). Is that right?
Right you are, mine was non card programmable!
Jan 28, 2012, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
Hi AP,
At the end for comparison you show the response of "your favorite" the Avionix 12A ESC using OEM firmware on your test setup. Are these the same ESCs in this link?: http://www.rcavionix.com/catalog/det...MENT_ID=123401
Yes, you are right! here they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
In your test setup with the single gyro maxed gain at 150%, I could understand the comparison of the slow OEM bounce with the SimonK fast bounce, but wondered why the result of the Avionix 12A ESC test was for the arm to continue to raise. Should it not have maintained a level?
Sorry Jim, there was my mistake, some how my GYRO initialised not the right way

Here is a new fair and clear comparison HK 25-30a SS REFLASHED vs Avionix 12a/ XP12A ESC

SimonK_ESC_reflashed HK vs Avionix 12a/(XP12A) original (0 min 38 sec)

So as you can see performance is almost equal!
And once again Sorry for my mistake in the first video

PS Just finished reflashing 7 more MLFpacked Supersimples
Last edited by ArtPiranha; Jan 28, 2012 at 04:43 AM.
Jan 28, 2012, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk
I haven't tested it myself and HK dropped it from my order, but if it's the TY-P1 (not sure what TY-P8 is), it should be tp_nfet.hex, as per https://github.com/sim-/tgy/blob/master/README.md.
Hi!

@obor: I have on of them and used bs.hex.

Cheers,
Heiko.
Jan 28, 2012, 09:00 AM
Does someone has an idea for my post #1765 ?
Jan 28, 2012, 09:11 AM
Suspended Account
thanks, are blue series escs 20a from hk have Linear bec on them? i got my quad together and im still not sure about powering the setup xD, itd be really helpfull if you guys can help, it didnt mention anything on the manual, it just says that its a BEC xP thanksss
Jan 28, 2012, 09:15 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifon
Does someone has an idea for my post #1765 ?
You should locate the high side and low site outputs.
High side on P/N fet should be going to a transistor, high side on N-fet without drivers should be going to transistor with some diodes around it. See if pinout matches. Also measure 3 phases and center tap for ADC/comparator. You will need to spend some time with pinout/datasheet to see if the firmware you're loading really works. It could be a new pinout, so none of existing targets work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombee
thanks, are blue series escs 20a from hk have Linear bec on them? i got my quad together and im still not sure about powering the setup xD, itd be really helpfull if you guys can help, it didnt mention anything on the manual, it just says that its a BEC xP thanksss
Linear.
Jan 28, 2012, 09:57 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117
lol. the only problem I've had with 72MHz is that I'm using a glitchy corona receiver. I have a Futaba that will be here today and the problem will go away. Bad thing is the channel 26 crystal will be here Monday
Here is some video of my T-Copter flying outdoors, still dialing it in, I'm flying with 72 Mhz radio setup here. With 2.4G, almost unflyable, I'll have to investigate where the interference is being generated, maybe it can be filtered out.

1-27-2011 T-copter in the backyard_first flights outdoors (10 min 9 sec)
Jan 28, 2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
It could be a new pinout, so none of existing targets
I confirm that... Maybe my picture will help
Jan 28, 2012, 11:52 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
Here is some video of my T-Copter flying outdoors, still dialing it in, I'm flying with 72 Mhz radio setup here. With 2.4G, almost unflyable, I'll have to investigate where the interference is being generated, maybe it can be filtered out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayp55...1&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qod2a...ature=youtu.be
Jan 28, 2012, 11:55 AM
Suspended Account
i think i'm going to put a chair on the hedge and fly it all around LOL

there is a wall under the hedge

i can't wait for this ccd cam to come. then i can fpv! i dont think i will put my OSD on it. this calls for 1 more cloverleaf antenna.
Jan 28, 2012, 12:24 PM
Hi all,

just finished my Hobbywing Pentium 6A ESCs flashing.
I'm using them in a mini FPV hexa (Almost like Shrediquette MM6)
These ESCs are awesome!!!!
Thanks for your great work!

BR
Adrian
Jan 28, 2012, 12:26 PM
Suspended Account
Good job, where's the pics/video
Agreed on awesomeness, my 12A blueseries are great with this firmware.
Jan 28, 2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117
i think i'm going to put a chair on the hedge and fly it all around LOL

there is a wall under the hedge

i can't wait for this ccd cam to come. then i can fpv! i dont think i will put my OSD on it. this calls for 1 more cloverleaf antenna.
I picked up a HK EOSD for bat voltage and RSSI. It worked well with just enough info without the clutter.

HK EOSD test (1 min 27 sec)
Jan 28, 2012, 12:52 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint
I picked up a HK EOSD for bat voltage and RSSI. It worked well with just enough info without the clutter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZXPonQe3SQ
i have the hk osd also but I put CL-OSD firmware on it so i have home arrow. i also have e-osd. i will probably just use that for battery voltage

Quick Reply