Sep 16, 2003, 11:37 AM
Thread OP

Neat Micro Things Seen At NEAT

All,

I thought I would start a thread where people could talk about what micro things they saw at this weekends NEAT Fair. Builders and flyers could also respond with info if someone found what the were doing was of interest. If a topic draws enough interest, spin it off on it's own thread so it dosen't get lost.
I was only at the Saturday night indoor session, and only for a couple of hours, yet I saw alot of impressive things. Highlights for me were Don Srull's WWI bipe flying slow lazy circles, Mark's (Aeronutz) tiny wallfoam FF rubber Corsair near the rafters, and pretty much everything Matt did.
Please chime in with what impressed you.
Graham & Gordon please organize this as you see fit.

Dave
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2003, 02:28 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
The Proxflyer helicopter blew me away. Completely stable and silent with no gyros or gears.
Sep 16, 2003, 04:45 PM
I think Nick Leichty's models were fantastic. I hadn't realized he was behind the scenes making the radios Henry Pasquet uses in the super micros. Nick's planes were awesome at the NEAT indoor. My stuff is big and heavy compared to Nick's planes, but what I liked is they have a full fuselage and landing gear so they look extra cool but only weigh 5 grams total with 5 inch span. But everybody's micro stuff was real impressive, everybody deserves credit. Proxyflyer was great. -Matt Keennon
Sep 16, 2003, 05:55 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Yes, Matt, your stuff was great (and unique) and Nick's stuff just blew me away too. 5" span Ugly Stick was anything but ugly!
I'm still buzzing from everything I saw and from how friendly everyone I met was. What a great group!
Sep 16, 2003, 06:27 PM
Zoom, zoom...
Pictures! Want Pictures! Need Pictures!
Sep 16, 2003, 07:48 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
The Boston Micronauts should have pics up on our website soon. Until then, you can see the Proxflyer here: http://www.proxflyer.com
Sep 16, 2003, 08:03 PM
in pursuit of low wing loading
I went out a day early to give a lecture to the Walton High School Aeronautics class. This was where we had the indoor night on Saturday. After talking about the planes we went to the gym and flew the Quick Junior and Punkin bipe. One of the girls seems to be making eyes at one of the guys.
Sep 16, 2003, 08:04 PM
This plane is called Big Slow and uses conventional GWS equipment. It was slow.
Sep 16, 2003, 08:06 PM
The famous Don Srull holding a plane his 8-year old grandson designed on CAD and built while on a visit from California. Don put a motor and RC in it and says it is one of his best flyers.
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Sep 16, 2003 at 08:34 PM.
Sep 16, 2003, 08:07 PM
Just one of Henry Pasquet's very tiny planes, this one with Co2 power.
Sep 16, 2003, 08:08 PM
Henry has been advising a college somewhere on MAV's and had these two small ones to show, and a third not shown here. They fly too fast to fly indoors, but were neat.
Sep 16, 2003, 08:09 PM
This is a new laser cut J3-Cub kit that EFlight Designs is carrying. They donated one with actuators for our raffle.
Sep 16, 2003, 08:13 PM
This estatic looking man just won a complete Micro Joule system. Cm'on, look excited.
Sep 16, 2003, 08:15 PM
This is a "Walker" that Dave Robelen had built for Dan Hurd. It was also quite slow.
Sep 16, 2003, 08:17 PM
This guy just won a complete JMP receiver system with all add-on boards, plus actuators, batteries, and M20 motor system -- donated by BSD and JMP. He's in shock.
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Sep 16, 2003 at 08:35 PM.

Quick Reply