Sep 26, 2011, 09:52 PM
Fly-In

Houston, Texas NWRC Southern Electric Jet Festival 11/12/2011

Hi Everyone,

November 11th is just around the corner and it will be time for the Northwest Houston R/C club 2nd annual Southern Electric Jet Festival!

Date: Saturday, November 11th, 2011
Time : 9am - 5PM
Landing fee: $15
Prizes? You bet! We'll have lots of prizes to give away much like last year. EDF ARFs, accessories and awards for Fastest Jet and Best in Show.

We had a blast last year and hope to see out at the field. A map is attached or go to NWRCC.com for details
Last edited by SRush99; Oct 25, 2011 at 08:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2011, 05:27 PM
You down with EPP?
Fastest jet contest huh?

You guys are lucky all my planes are propped.
Oct 24, 2011, 08:56 PM

Somebody say EDF JETS?

Count me in. I will bring the Habu 32 and the 6-S Sniper clone for fastest participation duties!
Oct 24, 2011, 09:15 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fan
Count me in. I will bring the Habu 32 and the 6-S Sniper clone for fastest participation duties!
You are lucky I have a wedding to go to that day......
Oct 24, 2011, 09:29 PM
RC Enthusiast
Sadly, I can not attend this year. For those of you interested in going, let me say it was a ton of fun. Great people, good food, and AWESOME flying. I tied with Fitz on fastest EDF (we both clocked 112mph level flight). However, I have a feeling that record will be slashed this year.

Mark it on your calendar fellas and take a ride out to NWRC!

-Lee
Latest blog entry: Funder & Lightning Videos
Oct 25, 2011, 08:17 AM
Sorry to hear you guys can't make it. We are getting more prizes for our raffle. So far, we have 4 EDFs to give out. But you do have to be present to win

I've had some questions about our field and EDF friendliness since we have a grass runway. Many of us are hand or bungee launching our jets but jets like the Habu on 4 cells have easily taken off of our runways. Last year, i didn't see anyone having problems.

We should have a great time again this year!
Oct 25, 2011, 10:56 AM
You down with EPP?
Chuck em like a javelin!

Runways? We don't need no stinkin runways.
Oct 25, 2011, 10:19 PM
Mark Vicento from Apache Jets is planning to have a bunch of EDFs for sale at the field Saturday. I also think Angelo from Whobbies will be in attendence.

I had a question about swap meet stuff. If you've got anything to sell or trade, bring it out! more the merrier!

-Stuart
Oct 26, 2011, 12:39 AM
MAR
Stuart, thanks for letting me know about the event. I'm looking forward to attending.
After my bone marrow transplant I feel brand new. So hopefully I can put something together and get it flying for the event.

Regards,

Orlando
Oct 26, 2011, 10:46 PM
No "R" !!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarsmythejr
Sadly, I can not attend this year. For those of you interested in going, let me say it was a ton of fun. Great people, good food, and AWESOME flying. I tied with Fitz on fastest EDF (we both clocked 112mph level flight). However, I have a feeling that record will be slashed this year.

-Lee
Hey, Lee.

Sorry you won't make it this year. Pretty amazing we both tied in speed with two totally different planes. I don't think we could catch up to 6S "Sniper" mentioned earlier.

I plan to make it again this year (hopefully nothing will catch on fire this time).

-FTZ
Nov 06, 2011, 10:12 PM
6 days until the Jet Fest. More prizes rolling in! Hope to see everyone Saturday.

Picture from the field attached. It was taken Thursday
Nov 09, 2011, 07:54 PM
Three more days until the jet fest! Saturday's forecast calls for partly cloudy skies, High temp = 74 degrees, low 64degrees. 20% chance of rain perfect for flying jets!
More prizes have been rolling in from our local hobby shops:
New Creations R/C
WHobbies
Randy's Hobbies
Larry's Hobbies
Apache Jets
R/C Hobbies

Hope everyone can make it Saturday!

-Stuart
Nov 14, 2011, 08:37 AM
Lost in the Sky
Stuart,

How did your event go?

Richard
Nov 14, 2011, 12:46 PM
You down with EPP?
I heard Wally took the grand prize....

149mph
Nov 14, 2011, 01:12 PM
The event went great! We had over 30 jets show up and lot of spectators. The weather was rediculous - winds up to 30mph and some rain but everyone stayed through the event. Our local hobby shops really did a great job of contributing - Apache Jets, WHobbies, New Creations, RC HobbyShop, Randy's Hobbies and Larry's Hobbies all pitched in to make the day a lot of fun.

We had an Evader hit 120mph and a Habu32 at 149mph down wind. We did have two grand prize winners based on best of show - An Easytiger C-17 and a beautiful Byron F-16 running on 10cells. C-17 was unloading "pooper troopers" on the upwind - very cool!

I will try to post pictures tonight.

-Stu