Mar 23, 2012, 07:30 PM
Hello Don and thanks for the reply. It was the GLB x525 frame in x config with the blackboard/naviboard but I just got a f450 frame in. Still x configuration but have not finished setting it up. I wondered if you could get away with using a 7th channel in place of 9 if you didn't use a cam but wasn't sure that would work out. I am guessing here but maybe you could still even use a cam and it would at least be auto stabilized but without manual control over it. I had a good half hour of flight last night with just the blackboard. I have my yaw pot now at 100% and left the trims the way I had them and it is at least for the most part flying straight.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2012, 08:02 AM
I have built a new tricopter just recently and am having similar problems. I think its down to one of the ESCs characteristics not matching the other two. Just before lift off, the particular motor is quite a bit slower than the others and I am constantly having to re-trim all axes in flight.....even after synchronising the ESCs throttle signals. I have ordered a replacement ESC and will see what happens.

My other tri and the quad are fine in this respect. I know its not the blueboard, as it works well on the other tri.

Cheers Don
Mar 24, 2012, 03:40 PM
I updated my FS-TH9X to the ER9X FW. I used the eePe and the usbasp programmer that came with the GLB blackboard. I could have used the one that came with the Flycam but I would rather keep that as it is. With 8 channels I have the following configuration.

Mode 2:

CH1: 100% AIL TRIM ON
CH2: 100% ELE TRIM ON
CH3: 100% THR TRIM ON
CH4: 100% RUD TRIM ON
CH5: 100% FULL RUD - Altitude Hold
CH6: -100% HALF ID0 - Free Flight
:+ 0% HALF ID1 - Position Hold
:+ 100% HALF ID2 - Coming Home
CH7: 100% FULL GEA - Fixed heading/Heading to home
CH8: 100% P2

Safety switches:
CH3 THR -100

The two servos for camera tilt and roll do work as I suspected to auto stabilize the camera without having a channel to connect to but of course you won't have manual control over pan or tilt so I assigned P2 to channel 8. I am thinking there must be some way that you could assign an available 2 way toggle to switch between say P1 and P2 for tilt and roll while using only the one channel.

UPDATE: I should add that you would want two separate pots so the servo positions are not interrupted when switching between them as they would likely be in different positions.
Mar 27, 2012, 04:57 PM
So I am really running out of options with this. As mentioned before the naviboard still was not responding very well and I stripped back down to the blackboard only. I set everything up, calibrated ESCs, calibrated throttle range. I try to arm the board and nothing. The LED blinks when you plug in the battery and then just the normal ESC beeps you would hear before you arm the board. The RX is lit red and not blinking so I know it sees the TX. I further this by holding up on the elevator/aileron stick which causes the blue LED to flash until you release the stick. If you hold down right on the throttle/rudder nothing happens. I figured maybe it is just my TX and a bad configuration so I tried it with my cheapo GLB blackboard and everything works just fine. The $30 GLB arms and away it goes. Any ideas? Maybe I am overlooking something?

UPDATED:
I just decided maybe I will try updating the firmware. The update ran fine. After completed I directly tried to arm the board. It arms now but now I get the very fast beeps and back to the normal beeps when I disable the board. I then tried this hold the stick on right up till LED starts flashing and it goes back to not arming even after power cycling. In looking at the manual I don't even know what that should be doing as there is no hold right stick up shown for anything on the blackboard without naviboard. I then tried the throttle calibration again and this time it worked. Maybe I wasn't waiting for the full tune to play on the ESCs or something.
Last edited by AsylumET; Mar 28, 2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Updated
Mar 29, 2012, 02:12 PM
Here's a link - me flying FPV with tri-copter and $24 stabilizing unit.

Tricopter 2 (3 min 29 sec)

There is nothing like this - unbelievable feeling once you have mastered the landings. With Minsoo's flycam board it should be much easier.
Mar 29, 2012, 10:07 PM
That is a great video Wessiercgroups. I don't have any FPV videos posted just yet but I have a few just playing around a bit. This one is with only the blackboard from Mr. Minsoo. It will probably be a few weeks before I get a chance to install the naviboard again as I am still having issues with yaw. It just refuses to stay in the direction you point it. If I take my hand off the rudder for a moment it starts spinning. I am sure I will eventually figure it out. Here is a link to my video.

Flycam Blackboard on modified X525 quadcopter frame (3 min 51 sec)
Mar 29, 2012, 11:30 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Love this

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessiercgroups
Here's a link - me flying FPV with tri-copter and $24 stabilizing unit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GxcsifDTE0

There is nothing like this - unbelievable feeling once you have mastered the landings. With Minsoo's flycam board it should be much easier.
Mar 31, 2012, 11:55 AM
hi all.

After a while with the (fly + navy) unused, she has returned to life after having flashed some Esc's because wanted to try this.... and what was my astonishment ... fly like never before, no vibrations, shakings, etc..

- Maintaining atitude with sonar OK but when I begin to climb more than 5 or 6 meters I carry the stick in the middle, but continues to gain altitude . (I must reduce the gain altitude?)

- The GPS maintains the position within 3 or 4 meters in circles and RTH take enough speed. (I can with the GPS gain fix more exactly position.?)

Another thing I noticed when I have activated the altitude hold (gree led) when cut the gas is continue running the engines (I cut the altitude hold and after landing) can this be improved for more security.

greetings!
Apr 01, 2012, 05:59 AM
hi !
anyone out there? any suggestions to what was said before.
...Well, I leave a video test. I change the APC propellers and motors have bearing problems

greetings!

KKFlyCam Naviboard.avi (3 min 10 sec)
Apr 01, 2012, 06:36 AM

KK Black board, Naviboard, Sonar for sale

Hi everyone,

I have posted this before, but had only one offer which I didn't accept, so Let's try again:

As it still sitting in my garage, collecting dust...

Originally I had some problem with my NAVI board. It would always fly in the same direction. Finally my copter slimly destroyed it self. I've sent the killed Blackboard, Naviboard and all remaining back to Minsoo and he was kind enough to replace everything for me.

But by the time the new replacement travelled back and forward I started new job which consumed me completely. And after a few month looks like I'm out of this hobby. So I'm selling the whole set. Everything as brand new.
I think that there is a new firmware available for it. You will need to flash it yourself as I don't remember how to do it by now.

KK Black board,
NAVIboard,
GPS Plate,
Sonar,
USB programmer,
Plastic screws.

I'll let everything go for $360 + postage.

If anyone interested, let me know
evgin78@gmail.com
Apr 01, 2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain

Another thing I noticed when I have activated the altitude hold (gree led) when cut the gas is continue running the engines (I cut the altitude hold and after landing) can this be improved for more security.

greetings!
I agree, with altitude hold switched on, the motors can run even with the throttle "closed".....I think it would be better and safer to keep the motors stopped with throttle closed in this mode.

Cheers

Don
Apr 01, 2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by don9f
I agree, with altitude hold switched on, the motors can run even with the throttle "closed".....I think it would be better and safer to keep the motors stopped with throttle closed in this mode.

Cheers

Don
That! To cut the engines when the "altitude hold" is on.

Dear Mr. Minsoo can help with that. I wanted to ask if you can give us a one more feature to our Navi's a FailSafe "Autolanding"

Many thanks! in advance
Apr 02, 2012, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumET
That is a great video Wessiercgroups. I don't have any FPV videos posted just yet but I have a few just playing around a bit. This one is with only the blackboard from Mr. Minsoo. It will probably be a few weeks before I get a chance to install the naviboard again as I am still having issues with yaw. It just refuses to stay in the direction you point it. If I take my hand off the rudder for a moment it starts spinning. I am sure I will eventually figure it out. Here is a link to my video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRrF07A9XGg
Dear Sir
Please check the magnetometer led whether blinking or not.
if blinking, the yaw can be spin.

Thanks & best regards
Minsoo
Apr 02, 2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain
That! To cut the engines when the "altitude hold" is on.

Dear Mr. Minsoo can help with that. I wanted to ask if you can give us a one more feature to our Navi's a FailSafe "Autolanding"

Many thanks! in advance
Dear Sir
At failsafe,it is possible to set "RTH","AH" in Tx when binding the RX

Thanks
Minsoo
Apr 02, 2012, 02:48 PM
Propellerhead
H6-Copter After Work flight just for fun:
Sunset in Vienna, 2012-04-02 (2 min 1 sec)

Details:
I could hear the sonar waves and lock beeps during flight ... AHold works fine in sonar range. (no tests higher).
The beep at about sec. 40 = GPS PHold while climbing.
Foto 1 was taken by me/the pilot himself via handy while flying in GPS PHold.
Foto 2 = some transport protection ... going by foot / underground.
Last edited by leowie; Apr 02, 2012 at 03:01 PM.

Quick Reply