Sep 30, 2011, 03:04 AM
Village Idiot!
Im just stopping by to introduce myself. I just ordered a KK blackboard, Exceed RC Rocket 2210-1080KV motors, Detrum 30A ESC (they were only 2g/$1.50 more than the 20A), Bluesky Sport Quad Frame.

Im jumping in with both feet and will inevitability have to questions in the future.

Thanks in advance. Scott
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2011, 04:52 AM
Hi Everyone!

I've recently received my Blackboard with Navi and Ultra-sensor. And have build 2 copters:

X8 copter - based on 800Kv (10x4.5) 18A plush ESC

and X4 copter 950KV (10x4.5) 12A Plush ESC

And I'm having the same problem as others: GPS PH and RTH doesn't work. It keeps flying towards the north. I've tried to reset NAVI board, recalibrate GPS/M. During the whole week now, it does exact the same thing. As soon as I activate one of those options it flyes away from me to exact same direction.

I'm in Australia - I'm not sure if it somehow memorised it's home position in Korea and trying to get there :-)

But to be serious we need to sort this problem. It's really spoiling the whole experience!

After recalibrating it takes 30-45 sec. to lock GPS and gives me blue light.
Red light is solid. Copter performs very well, up until I use PH/RTH.

I've tried different positions for GPS sensor, ones installed it on shielded plate to eliminate interference, but result is always the same.

Please let me know if anyone managed to fix this problem!
Sep 30, 2011, 06:15 AM

GPS position hold - Problem

Hi guys,

Update:

I've just re-flashed the Navi board with new firmware.

Nothing has changed, it's still flying towards the same direction when PH and RTH engaged.
Also I have noticed that heading not as good as it was before. It's spinning up to 90 degrees now. None of the pots has been readjusted.
Sep 30, 2011, 07:16 AM
G2loq Chopper

The GPS don't work at all on my 2 naviboard

Hi all,

I bought 2 naviboard from Minsoo (v1.5 & v1.6) and used them with a blue and black board (both upgraded to 2.2)

Before upgrading my naviboard to beta 1.3, I had the same problem than most of the user (everything is working except the GPS ; my quadcopter and my hexacopter don’t hold the position and don’t come back home : they take the same direction when PH and RTH are engaged... and never come back until I take the command, sometime after 200m away... until I lost it )
After upgrading to the beta version, on my quadcopter the problem is exactly the same and on my hexacopter, it seems to be more instable than before/never and the GPS still don't work at all ;-(

I tried on 5 differents setting (yes I have 6 quad and hexacopter... for my AP) with different motor and ESC.
I do not have any interference. Blue light is steady for the GPS etc...and the red light is not blinking after arming or when flying
I did all the modifications and my compas/GPS initialization worked exactly like on the video (I mean the 2 videos before and after the beta version) and I have the same beep. I am not yet speaking korean but I think I understand what to do and in particular the beep beep beep language ;-):
I am using a U-BEC 5A, power board 1.3, PCB Support 50mm, buzzer separated...
Don't really know what to think

I spent hours playing with the Vr2 pot... no change at all. At the minimum, my quad/hexa is just going away slower... and still never come back unitil I act.

Any good advice ?

Thanks in advance

Pierre
Last edited by G2loq; Sep 30, 2011 at 07:24 AM.
Sep 30, 2011, 07:34 AM
Mmmm ok, so at least I'm not the only one then...

Is you're trim allso different between normal and alt hold mode?

Hopefully Minsoo will come up with a solution to this irritating problem,

Dion
Sep 30, 2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2loq
Hi all,

I bought 2 naviboard from Minsoo (v1.5 & v1.6) and used them with a blue and black board (both upgraded to 2.2)

Before upgrading my naviboard to beta 1.3, I had the same problem than most of the user (everything is working except the GPS ; my quadcopter and my hexacopter don’t hold the position and don’t come back home : they take the same direction when PH and RTH are engaged... and never come back until I take the command, sometime after 200m away... until I lost it )
After upgrading to the beta version, on my quadcopter the problem is exactly the same and on my hexacopter, it seems to be more instable than before/never and the GPS still don't work at all ;-(

I tried on 5 differents setting (yes I have 6 quad and hexacopter... for my AP) with different motor and ESC.
I do not have any interference. Blue light is steady for the GPS etc...and the red light is not blinking after arming or when flying
I did all the modifications and my compas/GPS initialization worked exactly like on the video (I mean the 2 videos before and after the beta version) and I have the same beep. I am not yet speaking korean but I think I understand what to do and in particular the beep beep beep language ;-):
I am using a U-BEC 5A, power board 1.3, PCB Support 50mm, buzzer separated...
Don't really know what to think

I spent hours playing with the Vr2 pot... no change at all. At the minimum, my quad/hexa is just going away slower... and still never come back unitil I act.

Any good advice ?

Thanks in advance

Pierre
Hi,

Well, I've done exactly the same mods which you've done. And nothing has changed. Really frustrating, I spend hours as well, plus 2 broken copters.

I thought I have a faulty gps unit or something but looks like there are few people out there with the same issue.

Looking forward for the solution from Minsoo....
Sep 30, 2011, 11:28 AM
Thread OP
strange gps problem. i never had this behavior. sorry that i cannot give more tips as the tips i wrote before.

yesterday i flew with the actual firmware which minsoo posted here and everything worked.
no wind and gps ph worked very good. the quad stayed in an 1m area.

these are my actual settings with which my quad flies very well. maybe it helps.

Sep 30, 2011, 11:41 AM

Another hexa

I have just come home from flying my hexa.GPS still dont work,
but at least altitude hold is working decent . I guess Minsoo is
working with the problem. At least I hope so.
Sep 30, 2011, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox
strange gps problem. i never had this behavior. sorry that i cannot give more tips as the tips i wrote before.

yesterday i flew with the actual firmware which minsoo posted here and everything worked.
no wind and gps ph worked very good. the quad stayed in an 1m area.

these are my actual settings with which my quad flies very well. maybe it helps.

That is excellent! You're lucky.... I hope my quad will do the same one day. So far, what ever I do, it's trying to leave me and fly back to Korea
Oct 01, 2011, 01:33 AM
Suspended Account
so is it worth the money?
Oct 01, 2011, 11:40 AM
G2loq Chopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s
so is it worth the money?
Well, the GPS functions are only working (in this thread) for Warthox and of course Minsoo at the moment !
The others are waiting for a fix and are spending hours in test ;-)
Last edited by G2loq; Oct 01, 2011 at 11:58 AM.
Oct 01, 2011, 02:25 PM
Thread OP
tested gps ph again today. over 5min in gps ph with baro. over the time the movement area was arround 5m. so the quad normaly stayed in an area of arround 1-2m but over the time moved randomly in an 5m area.
a friend of mine flew with his ardupirates quad and he had the same gps issue at the beginning of the flight as some of u. the copter moved away in a certain direction everytime he activate gps ph.
that made me think that maybe its not specifically the soft/hardware from minsoo which causes this gps behavior but a general problem. maybe of the build or something else... just an idea.
Oct 01, 2011, 04:04 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox
tested gps ph again today. over 5min in gps ph with baro. over the time the movement area was arround 5m. so the quad normaly stayed in an area of arround 1-2m but over the time moved randomly in an 5m area.
a friend of mine flew with his ardupirates quad and he had the same gps issue at the beginning of the flight as some of u. the copter moved away in a certain direction everytime he activate gps ph.
that made me think that maybe its not specifically the soft/hardware from minsoo which causes this gps behavior but a general problem. maybe of the build or something else... just an idea.
i saw the same thing on a demo of ardropilot? he was demonstrating loiter mode but when he flipped the switch the quad flew off diagonally at a rate of about 10 feet per second? he had to flip the switch quite quickly to stop it flying into a bush, if i remember correctly his name was Martin? and he was the main distributer for ardropilot in the UK? the footage is hidden somewhere amoungst my UK DRONE ZONE vids
Oct 01, 2011, 04:05 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2loq
Well, the GPS functions are only working (in this thread) for Warthox and of course Minsoo at the moment !
The others are waiting for a fix and are spending hours in test ;-)
yes but that i think is a setup issue so that aside is the hardware worth the cash?
Oct 01, 2011, 05:58 PM
G2loq Chopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s
yes but that i think is a setup issue so that aside is the hardware worth the cash?
Then if you think so, buy it and let us know :-)

Quick Reply