Oct 07, 2011, 04:13 AM
It has been confirmed by FMS that they are making a 1700mm Corsair and it should be out in November
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2011, 04:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut
Maybe they'll do what LX is doing with their 1600mm Corsair from what I heard. They'll throw both a 3 blade & a four blade in the box.
That would be cool indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot
Sorry buddy, I am not FMS and actually this is the first time I hear about a 1700mm Corsair.
No one but HLC has confirmed that so far. I already inquired with FMS... might be a misunderstanding, not sure if there will really be such a big F4U...

By the way, both 3- and 4-blader props fit good to the F4U. It just depends on what version the model does represent

Cheers,
Bernhard
I know you're not working for FMS, but in contact with them.
It's true some Corsairs have 4 blader prop, but most of the time, in electric flight, 4 blader props performance descrease and Amps draw increase compared to 3 or 2 blader one. And, IMO, because the Corsair wings leave the fuse with a nice angle, I find 3-blader prop more esthetic with the gull wing, from a front point of view.
Oct 07, 2011, 05:43 AM
Wilde Sau
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG09
It has been confirmed by FMS that they are making a 1700mm Corsair and it should be out in November
Where and when did FMS confirm a 1700mm Corsair? I missed that.

Cheers,
Bernhard
Oct 07, 2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Where and when did FMS confirm a 1700mm Corsair? I missed that.

Cheers,
Bernhard
Hi Bernhard,

I sent FMS an email asking them if it were true that there was an 1700mm Corsair as someone else on this forum said there was goning to be one so I wanted to confirm that. I'm not a seller just a fan.

This is what they said

"I would like to introduce the 1700mm P51& 1700mm P47 first. The scaled canopy as well as the plastic instrument desk decoration inside, the scaled pilot, LED light, tail retract, landing gear retract cover door… all details make you believe it’s a real one. Meanwhile, the high-class electronics, such as the 85 A ESC, the 5060kv-270 motor, the 25g servo, make the whole flying more exciting and interesting. Besides, we are planning to enlarge the 1700 series soon, good news that the 1700mm corsair is coming soon! We always stick on our principle of “Perfect appearance, excellent performance”. The coming largest and most scaled warbirds are predicted to be heart-stirring."

And in another email they said they had no photos of it yet but planned to release it in November.
Last edited by STANG09; Oct 07, 2011 at 07:03 PM.
Oct 07, 2011, 08:01 PM
Wilde Sau
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG09
Hi Bernhard,

I sent FMS an email asking them if it were true that there was an 1700mm Corsair as someone else on this forum said there was goning to be one so I wanted to confirm that. I'm not a seller just a fan.

This is what they said

"I would like to introduce the 1700mm P51& 1700mm P47 first. The scaled canopy as well as the plastic instrument desk decoration inside, the scaled pilot, LED light, tail retract, landing gear retract cover door… all details make you believe it’s a real one. Meanwhile, the high-class electronics, such as the 85 A ESC, the 5060kv-270 motor, the 25g servo, make the whole flying more exciting and interesting. Besides, we are planning to enlarge the 1700 series soon, good news that the 1700mm corsair is coming soon! We always stick on our principle of “Perfect appearance, excellent performance”. The coming largest and most scaled warbirds are predicted to be heart-stirring."

And in another email they said they had no photos of it yet but planned to release it in November.
Thanks!
However, I am afraid that you can be sure as hell that there won't be a 1700mm Corsair in 2011 if they have not even pictures yet... considering the history of all earlier models, it takes several months from the picture of the first production sample to the finished product.
Remember it has been weeks since we saw the pics of the Shanghai fare, and still none of the new planes (Bf109F, FW190, P-38, 1700mm P-51, 1700mm P-47) has been released yet.

Cheers,
Bernhard
Oct 08, 2011, 12:26 AM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
I REALLY need to win the lottery!
Oct 08, 2011, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Thanks!
However, I am afraid that you can be sure as hell that there won't be a 1700mm Corsair in 2011 if they have not even pictures yet... considering the history of all earlier models, it takes several months from the picture of the first production sample to the finished product.
Remember it has been weeks since we saw the pics of the Shanghai fare, and still none of the new planes (Bf109F, FW190, P-38, 1700mm P-51, 1700mm P-47) has been released yet.

Cheers,
Bernhard
I know you're right as I guess I shouldn't have so much faith in "release dates" as they always seem to change. I did think it odd that there hasn't been any photos of it yet.
So hopefully someone will be able to supply some updates soon.
Last edited by STANG09; Oct 08, 2011 at 03:30 AM.
Oct 08, 2011, 01:42 PM
Wilde Sau
They just confirmed the 1700mm F4U to me, but "later than expected, but still in 2011"
However, I bet it won't be released this year, but we might see the first pics...

They also confirmed white airframes for the 1700mm birds. Not sure what drives them there, but I guess they are approaching a different market with this size that is open for more "modelling" and less "ARF".
In fact, all the large kits are more for the experienced modeller, whereas the smaller 1400mm-and-below models appeal more to the casual buyer and beginner.

Cheers,
Bernhard
Oct 08, 2011, 03:25 PM
Do you mean unpainted airframes?! Cool
It will be interesting to see how they price them. TW
Oct 08, 2011, 03:34 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
God bless FMS!!
Oct 12, 2011, 02:22 AM
It's nice to see that people do not trust my words.

I'm not used to tell bullsh*t.

My proverb: Better keep his mouth shut and look like an idiot. Rather than open it and do not leave any doubt about that.

Chris
Oct 12, 2011, 02:25 AM
Wilde Sau
Chris,

it was not about not believing you!

Everybody makes mistakes and as no source other than you revealed the 1700mm F4U before, there was a chance that it could have been a misunderstanding. That's all...

Cheers,
Bernhard
Oct 12, 2011, 07:08 AM
Thanks Chris - much appreciated.

I wasn't one of the unbelievers
Oct 13, 2011, 07:18 PM
Old Guys Rule (and Warbirds)
I REALLY want one of the 1700mm P-47 Jugs. FMS is batting 1000 with me right now.
Oct 13, 2011, 09:48 PM
Closed Account
And white or unpainted airframes just like we asked for!....cool.....I never doubted it either.....thanks for the info Chris.

Quick Reply