Apr 17, 2013, 06:20 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros
Definitely worth the wait. With the fixed hub and soon to be fixed props there won't be anything else to focus on but the fun cosmetic stuff.
Is this bird still a slug in the air?

Maybe have em increase the pitch a lil for speed increase since they are going to be stronger props. This would eleviate them going to a higher kv motor, but keep it low enough for the 85a esc.
Last edited by v8truckin; Apr 17, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin
Is this bird still a slug in the air?

Maybe have em increase the pitch a lil for speed increase since they are going to be stronger props. This would eleviate them going to a higher kv motor, but keep it low enough for the 85a esc.
That's a really good idea! Since they are working on it anyway......

Aros!!!!!!!!!
Apr 17, 2013, 06:44 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
More questions for the scale guys !!
1) Was this particular Corsair ever done in the Tri--color scheme ? I don't want to modify the cowl if possible .
2)If not , anyone have a cool scheme suggestion , I currently have the white /gray version , leaning to the Tri Color
3)Update on the interior kit , just got home from traveling adding another vacuum for added pulling power and should have the first pull by Saturday
Apr 17, 2013, 06:53 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by osonegro

Aros!!!!!!!!!
Message sent, and sent!
Apr 17, 2013, 06:59 PM
Life Is Good.
LHS sold me some enamel paints so that I can begin working on my Corsair. Should have researched it first. Realized enamel is not good for foam before I started painting.

Ok, for those who have further beautified this warbird, how about some tips for painting ordinance and tank tips? Is it necessary to strip existing paint?

Got a few days of heavy winds so it will be a good time for some detail work.
Apr 17, 2013, 07:10 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Enamel is fine for EPO foam which FMS planes are made of. You're all good. See my Corsair in my avatar? Enamel.
Apr 17, 2013, 07:17 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
3)Update on the interior kit , just got home from traveling adding another vacuum for added pulling power and should have the first pull by Saturday
I'm listening Ldm, I can't answer the tri-color question, but I would still like to talk you out of an interior kit...

Try this link, it might have the answer for your tri color question:

http://www.markstyling.com/index.htm

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/571
Apr 17, 2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
1) Was this particular Corsair ever done in the Tri--color scheme ? I don't want to modify the cowl if possible .
2)If not , anyone have a cool scheme suggestion , I currently have the white /gray version , leaning to the Tri Color
March, 1944, Naval aircraft color for the F4U and other carrier planes was officially made overall Glossy Sea Blue. F4U-4s came along over a year later so all had the overall glossy blue.

(....and you know you really want the P-40N, right..."..)
Apr 17, 2013, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinCowboy
LHS sold me some enamel paints so that I can begin working on my Corsair. Should have researched it first. Realized enamel is not good for foam before I started painting.

Ok, for those who have further beautified this warbird, how about some tips for painting ordinance and tank tips? Is it necessary to strip existing paint?

Got a few days of heavy winds so it will be a good time for some detail work.
I think you will be ok on this plane with the paint you got. I normally go to the auto store and get a normal can of spray paint and don't have any issues. Only item to be careful with on these planes is dark colors and direct sun light. Hot days will make the foam bubble up like a lizard. I normally put a towel over them to protect them. I also give it a dull coat to keep that warbird look. Others go to Home Depot and get a quart color matched and thin it with water with the air brush. That works really nice when just doing repairs.
Apr 17, 2013, 07:58 PM
Life Is Good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros
Enamel is fine for EPO foam which FMS planes are made of. You're all good. See my Corsair in my avatar? Enamel.
"LHS RC Plane Professional" told me to go with water-based (acrylic) because enamel will eat at the foam.

If you're right (which I do not doubt) , then I have a fine stash of paints to use.
Apr 17, 2013, 08:00 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Quote:
Originally Posted by osonegro

Aros!!!!!!!!!
ya we can call it the V8 pitch increase no the V8 pitch mod like the P51.
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
Apr 17, 2013, 08:18 PM
Life Is Good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats82
March, 1944, Naval aircraft color for the F4U and other carrier planes was officially made overall Glossy Sea Blue. F4U-4s came along over a year later so all had the overall glossy blue.

(....and you know you really want the P-40N, right..."..)
I read somewhere that the F4U-4's wheel wells are light grey. I plan on adding this to list. The wheel rims were Light Sea Blue. LHS was out of both so I had to color match.
Apr 17, 2013, 08:34 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Quote:
"LHS RC Plane Professional" told me to go with water-based (acrylic) because enamel will eat at the foam.

If you're right (which I do not doubt) , then I have a fine stash of paints to use.
I've painted probably close to 100 planes in 10 years using enamel. You're all good.
Apr 17, 2013, 09:00 PM
Quote:

That is true with some foams. But this foam is fine. Test an area that will not be visible and see how it works. Actually, I always test first, then shoot if it is fine.
Apr 17, 2013, 09:06 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
To be 'scale' I think ( not certain ) that you either mod the cowl or go back to a 4 blade prop. So....what's so hard about modding the cowl anyhow ?? Is it going to effect the whole front section of the plane ? Photo's would be good.

Quick Reply