Thread Tools
Old May 03, 2012, 11:35 AM
bouncebk2003 is offline
Find More Posts by bouncebk2003
Registered User
bouncebk2003's Avatar
I hope they get the wing right,I mean the gull wing is the whole persona of this airplane.By the way I love the bird cage corsair you did.Nice.



Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats82 View Post
Been watching the discussion about the questionable geometry of the FMS Corsair wing and thought I'd offer this:

I scratch built this 37" span F4U-1 some years ago and did research on the wing from available drawings. The model came out looking true to me.

Because of the varying types of building, the wing's top surface will be the most crucial to the eye and my drawing might be of some help.

Hopefully, this flaw in the appearance of the FMS airplane will be something easily tweaked out, hopefully before we would get it.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 11:44 AM
Aros.MotionRC is online now
Find More Posts by Aros.MotionRC
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Thanks gnats, if it turns out to be a real issue I will forward your drawing on to them so their engineers can adjust the mold as soon as possible.
Site Sponsor
Old May 03, 2012, 12:20 PM
gnats82 is offline
Find More Posts by gnats82
Coy, peruser of worlds
gnats82's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncebk2003 View Post
I hope they get the wing right,I mean the gull wing is the whole persona of this airplane.By the way I love the bird cage corsair you did.Nice.
Thanks. It's a nice flying plane but a little weight hampered with a brushed system and NiMH batteries and not flown in some time.

Yup, a flaw in a Corsair wing stands out big time to me also.
Old May 03, 2012, 07:44 PM
dambit is offline
Find More Posts by dambit
Most people are stupid!
dambit's Avatar
I don't think the wing thing will be an issue. I almost regret mentioning it. If there is one FMS plane that needs its wing dihedral sorted out it's the Spitfire. So until that is done I think all the others planes that are mostly correct can wait
Old May 03, 2012, 07:50 PM
gnats82 is offline
Find More Posts by gnats82
Coy, peruser of worlds
gnats82's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
I don't think the wing thing will be an issue. I almost regret mentioning it. If there is one FMS plane that needs its wing dihedral sorted out it's the Spitfire. So until that is done I think all the others planes that are mostly correct can wait
The Spitfire and the P-40. Someone would have mentioned this sooner or later as it stood out for many to look off.

FMS has apparently gotten it dialed in their other Corsairs (Durafly 1100mm, FMS 1450mm) and can fix this easily I'd think.
Last edited by gnats82; May 03, 2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old May 03, 2012, 08:04 PM
Mikey 68 is online now
Find More Posts by Mikey 68
Registered User
Well the 1400mm Corsair is also lacking some dihedral but seams to be a hot seller
Old May 03, 2012, 08:10 PM
Dangaras is offline
Find More Posts by Dangaras
Dont be divided from the truth
Dangaras's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Well the 1400mm Corsair is also lacking some dihedral but seams to be a hot seller
Smoking sales usually cause less change. Dont want to fix what aint broke.
Old May 03, 2012, 08:25 PM
Aros.MotionRC is online now
Find More Posts by Aros.MotionRC
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Here's my LX wing-folding Corsair taken down from the ceiling and getting ready for flying this weekend. The dihedral looks correct to me on this plane. Once I get the FMS version I will be able to compare.
Site Sponsor
Old May 03, 2012, 08:35 PM
Mikey 68 is online now
Find More Posts by Mikey 68
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Here's my LX wing-folding Corsair taken down from the ceiling and getting ready for flying this weekend. The dihedral looks correct to me on this plane. Once I get the FMS version I will be able to compare.
It does look good,so did you get all the bugs worked out on it
Old May 03, 2012, 08:38 PM
Aros.MotionRC is online now
Find More Posts by Aros.MotionRC
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
twiz, with this plane, she'll never have all the bugs worked out. She's like dating a supermodel. So beautiful but so many issues you rarely get a chance to take her out.
Site Sponsor
Old May 03, 2012, 09:04 PM
runner2k is offline
Find More Posts by runner2k
Registered User
runner2k's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aros View Post
twiz, with this plane, she'll never have all the bugs worked out. She's like dating a supermodel. So beautiful but so many issues you rarely get a chance to take her out.
lmao!!!
Old May 05, 2012, 06:56 AM
ColoradoHeliNut is offline
Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Registered User
Nise work Aros!!!!


As far as the dihedral goes I think it is a BIG issue. Now that the idea is out there & been talked about it will be a big detractor for a lot of people I fear.

Call it brain washing, peer pressure or what ever you want. It could very well kill sales big time.

Also from what I have learned, It won't be such an easy or should I say cheap fix. The molds will have to be retooled. if not, then a set of new of molds. Very expensive!!!
Old May 05, 2012, 07:25 AM
Austang is offline
Find More Posts by Austang
Been There, Crashed That!
Austang's Avatar
Isn't this one made the same as the Durafly one, and the dihedral is alright on that one.
Old May 05, 2012, 08:05 AM
dambit is offline
Find More Posts by dambit
Most people are stupid!
dambit's Avatar
yeah but it's a lot smaller. This one has different requirements for wing spars etc.
Old May 05, 2012, 08:34 AM
gnats82 is offline
Find More Posts by gnats82
Coy, peruser of worlds
gnats82's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
Nise work Aros!!!!


As far as the dihedral goes I think it is a BIG issue. Now that the idea is out there & been talked about it will be a big detractor for a lot of people I fear.

Call it brain washing, peer pressure or what ever you want. It could very well kill sales big time.

Also from what I have learned, It won't be such an easy or should I say cheap fix. The molds will have to be retooled. if not, then a set of new of molds. Very expensive!!!
It would be good if we knew better just how the wing is made up. If the dihedral is messed up at the gull bend, that's a major retooling issue. If it's just a case of the wing center joint not being attached accurately, that would be a relatively minor issue. I wouldn't be surprised if what we're seeing was just a hasty construction of the example in the photos and they simply didn't get the wings joined correctly.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product FMS North American P-51 D Mustang 1700mm (67 inches!!!) Beltpilot Electric Warbirds 11533 Today 09:55 AM
New Product FMS P-47 1700mm wingspan!!! HLC SHOP Electric Warbirds 2991 Dec 02, 2016 07:57 PM
Found Needed Airfield/FMS F4U Corsair Spare Parts godofthunder77 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2015 10:55 AM
Discussion FMS/Airfield 800mm F4U Corsair norco kid Electric Warbirds 3 Apr 30, 2011 07:22 PM
Help! airfield/FMS F4U Corsair help kayla95 Electric Warbirds 2 Mar 24, 2011 07:12 PM