FMS F4U Corsair 1700mm - Page 171 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 02, 2013, 07:49 PM
Registered User
Yeah.... I've been waiting for them to go on sale, instead the cost go up. I just am not willing to spend almost $500 on a foam airplane. (not trying to start a foam vs built-up debate). I really like the big size but can't justify 2 times as much as the 1400mm version.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2013, 07:56 PM
Registered User
I want the 1700 P-51 an have been waiting for a sale as well but no joy so far. I have come soo close to hitting the buy it now button ESP. After a few drinks
Feb 02, 2013, 08:44 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk-2
I want the 1700 P-51 an have been waiting for a sale as well but no joy so far. I have come soo close to hitting the buy it now button ESP. After a few drinks
Don't drink and buy!

Or DO drink and buy!

It's all a matter of perspective. (I won't admit how many airplanes I've owned through the years thanks to an impulsive, intoxicated Buy It Now finger push)...

Feb 03, 2013, 03:58 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros
I agree the scale 3-blade looks every bit as sweet as the 4, but the problem is, this specific model is a F4U-4 Corsair which used the 4-blade. The 3 blade was for earlier variants like the F4U-1D, etc...

But I'm definitely pickin' up what you be layin' down my man.
Aros - first of I'm no expert on the matter but my point is that as I see it there isn't that much difference between a F4U-1 and the F4U-4 to look at but for the prop and the cowl. The F4U-1 has no chin air intake. For the British it means cutting off the wingtips ( no big deal surely) as well. If I'm wrong about this I would like to know as well.
So if FMS wish to look into the idea of offering extras ( scale props ) then why not an alternative cowl as well ?
Feb 03, 2013, 04:13 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikokid
Aros - first of I'm no expert on the matter but my point is that as I see it there isn't that much difference between a F4U-1 and the F4U-4 to look at but for the prop and the cowl. The F4U-1 has no chin air intake. For the British it means cutting off the wingtips ( no big deal surely) as well. If I'm wrong about this I would like to know as well.
So if FMS wish to look into the idea of offering extras ( scale props ) then why not an alternative cowl as well ?
No you are perfectly correct. There isn't much visual difference between the -1 and -4. I agree, it wouldn't likely be a big deal to offer alternate cowls, based on whatever variant you are wanting to roll with. The body type was the same throughout her career. I think this is getting into the realm of what is coming next.

I mean, here we are, spoiled with flaps, full-functioning retracts and oleo struts, nav lighting, sequenced gear doors, detailed cockpits...What could possibly be next?

Well how about talking about more scale-sized props, alternative cowls based on the variant you want to go with...How about sliding canopies, functional cowl flaps and so on?

The point is, we are living in the Golden Era of RC foam warbirds...The sky is the limit so why not alternate cowls, your choice of stock or scale-sized props, canopies that slide and cowl flaps that move servo-activated...The wish list goes on and on...

Sorry, I'm drooling here.
Last edited by Aros.MotionRC; Feb 03, 2013 at 04:18 AM.
Feb 03, 2013, 04:45 AM
Suspended Account
Aros - I've only been taking an interest in RC for less than two years. The way things are improving with these electric foam planes is incredible. Your right - the sky does indeed seem the limit. This appears to be nothing short of a revolution in RC flying. Some are slow to catch on but sooner or later...
Making models that are more 'mod' friendly is how I would like to see things go. The main thing wrong with mass production is that everyone ends up with the same plane. For example most if not all here on RC groups likes to repaint. So why not give a choice of decals and leave them off ?
Thanks for doing what your doing on RC groups.
Feb 03, 2013, 04:58 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikokid
Making models that are more 'mod' friendly is how I would like to see things go. The main thing wrong with mass production is that everyone ends up with the same plane. For example most if not all here on RC groups likes to repaint. So why not give a choice of decals and leave them off ?
Thanks for doing what your doing on RC groups.
I would love to see a day where FMS offers a clean slate body. One where the buyer can paint her however he or she desires. Although, I'm not so quick to think that "most if not all here" likes to repaint. In fact, I've come across a lot of folks who think what I do (repaint) is out of their scope of talent. I always disagree!

Point is, I agree, it would be sweet to offer versions that are clean slates for those of us who DO love to make our planes our own.
Feb 03, 2013, 05:04 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
brandonmoon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros
I would love to see a day where FMS offers a clean slate body. One where the buyer can paint her however he or she desires. Although, I'm not so quick to think that "most if not all here" likes to repaint. In fact, I've come across a lot of folks who think what I do (repaint) is out of their scope of talent. I always disagree!

Point is, I agree, it would be sweet to offer versions that are clean slates for those of us who DO love to make our planes our own.
+1 & A+1 on that!!!! ..... I support that effort 100+%

ps.... is that pilot on the way here to the Hospital?
Feb 03, 2013, 01:52 PM
Registered User
This is my progress so far, the wings are painted too. I used model master dark sea blue which is the correct FS number for this. I ordered decals from Callie Graphics and they should be there when I get back from being on the road. Can you figure out what scheme I am doing??
Feb 03, 2013, 01:59 PM
Registered User
I would also like to thank everyone that answered my questions about painting and such. This plane is really beautiful. Thanks!!

P.S. if anyone know how to juice the power let me know.
Feb 03, 2013, 04:49 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon
ps.... is that pilot on the way here to the Hospital?

Yes sir, he should be at your door by Tuesday!
Feb 03, 2013, 04:50 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Looking good 400xp!
Feb 03, 2013, 05:33 PM
Registered User
My almost maiden: I have to say that FMS has done a great job with the multi-connectors. This is my first A/C with them I was able to transport both my 1400 P-51 and the 1700 F4U-4 in my Z-28. As always the P-51 flew great. BUT the F4U had glitching problems (BAD) I'm still using 72mhz. Will have to do some work and find out the reason, all stock using the FMS ESC and BEC. w\Well she looked great on the grass while my old tried and true P-51 flew rings around her.
Feb 03, 2013, 05:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk-2
My almost maiden: I have to say that FMS has done a great job with the multi-connectors. This is my first A/C with them I was able to transport both my 1400 P-51 and the 1700 F4U-4 in my Z-28. As always the P-51 flew great. BUT the F4U had glitching problems (BAD) I'm still using 72mhz. Will have to do some work and find out the reason, all stock using the FMS ESC and BEC. w\Well she looked great on the grass while my old tried and true P-51 flew rings around her.
I'm sorry....but did you just say you fit your 14oomm P-51 and 1700mm Corsair into your Camaro?

Is your last name Copperfield per chance?

Feb 03, 2013, 06:02 PM
Dont be divided from the truth
Dangaras's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400xp
This is my progress so far, the wings are painted too. I used model master dark sea blue which is the correct FS number for this. I ordered decals from Callie Graphics and they should be there when I get back from being on the road. Can you figure out what scheme I am doing??
f4U-2


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product FMS North American P-51 D Mustang 1700mm (67 inches!!!) Beltpilot Electric Warbirds 11960 Yesterday 12:53 PM
New Product FMS P-47 1700mm wingspan!!! HLC SHOP Electric Warbirds 3126 Nov 16, 2017 12:59 AM
Found Needed Airfield/FMS F4U Corsair Spare Parts godofthunder77 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2015 10:55 AM
Discussion FMS/Airfield 800mm F4U Corsair norco kid Electric Warbirds 3 Apr 30, 2011 07:22 PM
Help! airfield/FMS F4U Corsair help kayla95 Electric Warbirds 2 Mar 24, 2011 07:12 PM