Dec 05, 2012, 10:40 PM
35 Year Airline Mech Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Krash , what version did you receive ?
LDM, I have been told by the other pictures I posted that the hub and wing are v2's. Motor is 300kv retracts have this # on them PZ-V2 for what that's worth and here is one pic of the gap between cowl and prop. The hub was black but now painted.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2012, 10:49 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
krashem, you're going to want to add washers or an extra motor back plate for more clearance between the cowl, hub and props. That is still really close-looking.
Dec 06, 2012, 02:16 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
krashem, you're going to want to add washers or an extra motor back plate for more clearance between the cowl, hub and props. That is still really close-looking.
+1 I agree...WOW!!!! that is close
Dec 06, 2012, 03:28 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Krash , I am happy they shipped you the correct version .
Dec 06, 2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Thanks Guys, I do not have this bird put together yet but I am going to put the spacer at the top of my list!

Thanks LDM
Dec 06, 2012, 09:26 AM
Woohoo,

Mine showed up yesterday and per Krashem, it is probably the new version. Per the boss, I can't touch it until christmas. I placed an order at PW-RC yesterday. I figured since I was paying the postage already, I would add a pair of PZ-V2s for $40. I'm a bit confused. I think that the retracts I ordered are for the 1700mm P-51 which do not rotate. Do they make another PZ-V2 90 degree for the corsair?
Dec 06, 2012, 09:39 AM
Dont be divided from the truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmurray1000 View Post
Woohoo,

Mine showed up yesterday and per Krashem, it is probably the new version. Per the boss, I can't touch it until christmas. I placed an order at PW-RC yesterday. I figured since I was paying the postage already, I would add a pair of PZ-V2s for $40. I'm a bit confused. I think that the retracts I ordered are for the 1700mm P-51 which do not rotate. Do they make another PZ-V2 90 degree for the corsair?
You have to make sure they are the rotating version. The P-51s don't rotate...

You need to look on rc-castle.com for 1700mm f4u spare parts...
Last edited by Dangaras; Dec 06, 2012 at 09:45 AM.
Dec 06, 2012, 10:16 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
Quote:
Woohoo,

Did you order the Extra large E-Tracts for $17.50 ea.? If so, they are for the P-51s.

Todd didn't shoot any close up shots of the E-Tracts in his new 1700 Corsair so I don't know what FMS has installed in it?

A word of caution when you're ordering E-Tracts from Phillip! He lists his as either "Regular which are 312s", "Large which are 514s" or Extra large which are the 716s". Always scroll down to the pic showing his length measurements. The 312s are 66mm long, the 514s are 74mm long, and the 716s are 92mm long. If you still find it confusing, I've got all the info, pics, specs, vids, etc. on the "E-Tracts...The New Generation" pg.

Gary
Dec 06, 2012, 10:37 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
Quote:
Woohoo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangaras View Post
You have to make sure they are the rotating version. The P-51s don't rotate...

You need to look on rc-castle.com for 1700mm f4u spare parts...
I agree with Dangaras. It looks like Raymond has the 92mm 716s with the rotating pin setup needed for the Corsair.

Gary
Dec 06, 2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krashem View Post
This is a new zippy 4500 45c form HK, one pack of 6 cells
The other 4 cells are at 4.20v
I am using a Bantam e-station BC8DP ac/dc high power
Charging in the ballance mode @ 2.5mah
If there is a way to calibrate the unit I do not know how to do it.
I had 2 zippy 6s5000's for my hybrid Pitts and one failed with only about 5 cycles.
I bought 4 Turnigys' of the same specs and have cycled them over 70 flights so far with no failures! The second zippy failed around the 40th flight! Just lucky both didn't fail while flying! Not downing the zippy's but I will stick with the Turnigys'
Dan
Dec 06, 2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Aros I know you are the expert here with the clearance issue but do I really need more than 3/16 of clearance?
Dec 06, 2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poziovahim View Post
I had 2 zippy 6s5000's for my hybrid Pitts and one failed with only about 5 cycles.
I bought 4 Turnigys' of the same specs and have cycled them over 70 flights so far with no failures! The second zippy failed around the 40th flight! Just lucky both didn't fail while flying! Not downing the zippy's but I will stick with the Turnigys'
Dan
I just finished charging the other zippy and it is fine as far as the #'s go so I guess I am sending one back. There goes my savings on the batteries. I did buy 4 turnigy batts in smaller sizes but the zippies were on sale We will see how long this zippy lasts.
Dec 06, 2012, 01:24 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
I've found that zippys are better for warbirds and maintain their life longer. If you are going to use em on an edf they usually don't last too long do to the amount of amp demand and load put on em.
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
Dec 06, 2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
Did you order the Extra large E-Tracts for $17.50 ea.? If so, they are for the P-51s.

Todd didn't shoot any close up shots of the E-Tracts in his new 1700 Corsair so I don't know what FMS has installed in it?

A word of caution when you're ordering E-Tracts from Phillip! He lists his as either "Regular which are 312s", "Large which are 514s" or Extra large which are the 716s". Always scroll down to the pic showing his length measurements. The 312s are 66mm long, the 514s are 74mm long, and the 716s are 92mm long. If you still find it confusing, I've got all the info, pics, specs, vids, etc. on the "E-Tracts...The New Generation" pg.

Gary

I ordered "2 x FMS new version 2 retract for 1700mm P51 Extra large size SG205" for $20.00 ea. They don't show up on his web page today, although these do http://www.pw-rc.com/advanced_search...=sg207&x=0&y=0.

Maybe I got the super secret full titanium version, but more than likely, I paid an extra $5 for the same thing.

Thanks for your help sundance.
Dec 06, 2012, 02:48 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
Quote:
I ordered "2 x FMS new version 2 retract for 1700mm P51 Extra large size SG205" for $20.00 ea. They don't show up on his web page today, although these do http://www.pw-rc.com/advanced_search...=sg207&x=0&y=0.

Maybe I got the super secret full titanium version, but more than likely, I paid an extra $5 for the same thing.

Thanks for your help sundance.
I was referencing these. Extra large size

Gary

Quick Reply