Oct 29, 2011, 05:17 AM
So that's my kind of maiden !!!! Take off, fly around a bit, land, adjust tail rod for no drift in Rate mode, take off, fly around a bit more, land re-charge battery

It's a bit responsive on the cyclic (I tend not to use expo - I think I'll stick some on though) other than that - lovely. Only hovered around in garden so far - wI'll nip up to the field later - very happy so far .

Cheers,
Mike
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2011, 10:00 AM
So I managed to grab a bit of film using a hat-cam, unfortunately I follow the heli with my eyes rather than my head so it nips off screen occasionally. It was a bit gusty so the hovering is not as tidy as I would like, but it flies really nicely.

The only thing that I need to do now is drop the Cyclic gain down slightly as I got some cyclic wag a few times, unfortunately the manual tells me how to adjust, but not how to tell if I am making it a higher or lower value Has anyone done this yet ? Any tips ?

update - just found it in iflyraptors crib sheet - Yellow light is increase, blue light is decrease

Video nasty here
ZYX first flight.wmv (2 min 53 sec)
Last edited by MikeHRC; Oct 29, 2011 at 10:25 AM.
Oct 29, 2011, 10:14 AM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC
So I managed to grab a bit of film using a hat-cam, unfortunately I follow the heli with my eyes rather than my head so it nips off screen occasionally. It was a bit gusty so the hovering is not as tidy as I would like, but it flies really nicely.

The only thing that I need to do now is drop the Cyclic gain down slightly as I got some cyclic wag a few times, unfortunately the manual tells me how to adjust, but not how to tell if I am making it a higher or lower value Has anyone done this yet ? Any tips ?

Video nasty here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PiGobKU1Sw
Mikehrc, very nice flight! Is it hard to setup? I've heard these fbl systems are a PITA to setup, but once it's setup correctly it flies just as good as the sim. I'm still waiting for someone here to rewrite the manual. I just can't remember who it was, that was willing to do it.
Oct 29, 2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp
Mikehrc, very nice flight! Is it hard to setup? I've heard these fbl systems are a PITA to setup, but once it's setup correctly it flies just as good as the sim. I'm still waiting for someone here to rewrite the manual. I just can't remember who it was, that was willing to do it.
It's no more difficult than a gyro like the LeaderHobby 520 that you program using the lights - there's just slightly more of it to do plus a few new ideas like cyclic gain. The slight issue with the ZYX is that the manual is poor - but there is now enough experience from BF + others to make it very do-able, don't let that hold you back !!! Once you've tried it you'll want to convert the whole fleet
Oct 29, 2011, 10:43 AM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Hiya Beenflying and Pitchp!

Man the web is getting smaller!

I ordered this set up the other day and look forward to it coming in!

Glad it is being seen as favorable!

I was going to install it on my 450 but now thinkin' the ole 500 would be more fun?

What I would love to see is the more adventurous of you do a set up viddy!

Ohhhhhhhh that would be nice!

Kinda like Rob2160's

Some of us frankly need a graphic illustration!

Best to all!

b
Oct 29, 2011, 11:28 AM
King of the Yard sale!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
Hiya Beenflying and Pitchp!

Man the web is getting smaller!

I ordered this set up the other day and look forward to it coming in!

Glad it is being seen as favorable!

I was going to install it on my 450 but now thinkin' the ole 500 would be more fun?

What I would love to see is the more adventurous of you do a set up viddy!

Ohhhhhhhh that would be nice!

Kinda like Rob2160's

Some of us frankly need a graphic illustration!

Best to all!

b
+1 one to that!!! I agree with the video idea! Im starting in on mine this morning, I have read iflyraptor's and BF's stuff about 5 times and Im hoping for an easy program but not sure if Im confident yet...LOL And Im putting it on my 600 so I want to know its rite!!!!
Oct 29, 2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSpunUp
+1 one to that!!! I agree with the video idea! Im starting in on mine this morning, I have read iflyraptor's and BF's stuff about 5 times and Im hoping for an easy program but not sure if Im confident yet...LOL And Im putting it on my 600 so I want to know its rite!!!!

Do you have this as a guide??

Also, I am thinkin' bout a 600 for me birthday in March (been spending money on upgrading the existing fleet instead of big ticket items this Xmas) and I have to imagine you LOVE your Chaos??

b
Oct 29, 2011, 01:20 PM
King of the Yard sale!
yea I do really like the chaos line up....I think I remember talking with you over on the chaos thread....IMO you cant beat it but to each there own....

I hoping that this zxy is going to work and not give me any suprises ....I got everything mounted, wired up and ready to program....My son just woke up so now it back to being daddy for a bit...(momma at work)....Program this eve and hopefully a re-maiden tommorow....Ill keep yall posted and if it flies great ill try to get a video in...
Oct 29, 2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
yea I do really like the chaos line up....I think I remember talking with you over on the chaos thread....IMO you cant beat it but to each there own....

I hoping that this zxy is going to work and not give me any suprises ....I got everything mounted, wired up and ready to program....My son just woke up so now it back to being daddy for a bit...(momma at work)....Program this eve and hopefully a re-maiden tommorow....Ill keep yall posted and if it flies great ill try to get a video in...

Will be looking forward to it!

Did you notice my link above for the set up guide??

b
Oct 29, 2011, 01:41 PM
How high does it go?..duh
I just pulled the trigger on the 250 setup Shipped by EMS it should get here next week. I was going to get the ALZ, but saw this..hope I did'nt get the wrong one (my usual trick).
Oct 29, 2011, 03:09 PM
King of the Yard sale!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
Will be looking forward to it!

Did you notice my link above for the set up guide??

b
Ye I saw it after my post...Thank you, I had that but its good to post again....

Okay,

Im setup all the way through step 26.....Swash is moving in the correct directions and showing the correct inputs....However the servos seem really lazy and have a slite jitter....Im wondering if I missed something....I have it set to 1520ms digital tail and cyclic.....huh???? Im gonna go get some lunch and come back to it in a bit...
Oct 29, 2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
....However the servos seem really lazy and have a slite jitter....Im wondering if I missed something....I have it set to 1520ms digital tail and cyclic.....huh???? Im gonna go get some lunch and come back to it in a bit...
I have the ZYX as well as a couple of Beastx - the slow movement of the servos on teh ground is a trait of FBL systems, don't worry about it too much, check the movement of the servos and correction of the swash repeatedly, and just take it easy on your maiden and you'll be fine.
Oct 29, 2011, 03:35 PM
I'm going to get an early chance to check the compatibility between the Tarot parts and Microheli parts sooner than I thought . Having tweaked my cyclic gain and had a couple of really good flights, I stupidly went for the "one last flight", it was getting dark and I was getting carried away and she went in - I've got spares of everything except the Tarot head parts and the feathering shaft is bent so I'm grounded for a few days. I've ordered a Microheli set from Fast lads in the UK and a Tarot set from Infinity Hobby - let's see who gets here first

Mike.
Oct 29, 2011, 03:57 PM
King of the Yard sale!
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC
I'm going to get an early chance to check the compatibility between the Tarot parts and Microheli parts sooner than I thought . Having tweaked my cyclic gain and had a couple of really good flights, I stupidly went for the "one last flight", it was getting dark and I was getting carried away and she went in - I've got spares of everything except the Tarot head parts and the feathering shaft is bent so I'm grounded for a few days. I've ordered a Microheli set from Fast lads in the UK and a Tarot set from Infinity Hobby - let's see who gets here first

Mike.
sorry to hear about that, On the flip side we will also be able to check the durability of the xzy unit....... If there is one ting I ate the most its when a good heli hits the dirt....Especially the bigger ones....

Yea I guess they are moving as they are supposed to (speed) just used to it being a FB heli...This is my FbL setup so getting used to all the programing (radio) and such has been a chore....

Something else I thougt about whule out to lung is I havnt got FBL wheels on there yet....SO the reccomended for a FBL heli according to the manual is 14.5-15mm fom center to ball link and im sitting somewere in the 15.5-16 range...COuld make a ifference also I guess....

I have to say a big thanks to all that have posted in regard to the manual and how to setup....You guys are the reason we can use products like this and keep the hobby moving foward....Without a translation and clarified manual this little gem would be nothing more than a paper weight....

For those interested in buying: IT is a little hassle to setup but if you can read, you can do it...Dont let the programing steer you away...

Now , Back to work.....GOtta get her ready to go...
Oct 29, 2011, 04:29 PM
I don't mind crashing this too much (except for the down time), I hate crashing my bigger helis particularly the 550s - which is stupid as they are much easier to work on. BUt 250s are built for crashing

Quote:
Something else I thougt about whule out to lung is I havnt got FBL wheels on there yet....SO the reccomended for a FBL heli according to the manual is 14.5-15mm fom center to ball link and im sitting somewere in the 15.5-16 range...COuld make a ifference also I guess....
Yep - you are better off with slightly too small than slightly too big as the longer arms will move less (rotate less) to give the same vertical movement, hence less resolution and precision. If that's all you've got though it should get you in the air and you can replace (and reset) later

Quick Reply