Dec 11, 2012, 01:19 AM
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
Troy / Mike, can we just recap on your version numbers and working configuration? It does seem strange that after huge success with this unit we are seeing reports of control loss.

First, i think you should ensure your fail safe settings are correct, as pointed out above this would then identify any signal issues by cutting the motor, reducing the risk of injury and reducing any damage should you find the ground before regaining control.

What zyx firmware are you running?
What programming software are you using, version number, PC version or mobile? Incidentally on this subject hard you using the Bluetooth connection module?
What method of connection are you using? I.e. standard full rx solution or satellite only?

I'm just wondering if it's more about the settings than the actual heli setup.

Kev
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2012, 01:41 AM
JefFPV
Hey mike, you have the same issues as me for sure. I chsnged out the receiver (i'm using a full receiver), the servos, and installed a ground wire. Its a 450. I am using the zyx-s with 3.5 & johns latest software programming it with the laptop. I just installed another rx and opened the hood of the zyx but didnt c n e thing new. Im going to take it out one more time to c what happens. I am flying a 450 pro clone with orange rx and dx6i. Ill let you know if I find anything new. Please do the same. Did you guys make any adjustments right before this happens? Once I adjusted the tail decel and the flught after it did it but that was only once. Thanks for all and any help guys.

Jeff
Dec 11, 2012, 07:28 AM
just been out for a proper flight, cant fault how it handles, did some flips and rolls, and backwards loops, it great nice and stable. Ther only issue i had was with a very slow wag no the tail, tried increasing gain on my transmitter from 31% to 40% made it a bit better. prob need to go more but its only 2 degrees c outside, so a bit cold, didnt stay out to long. Piros were a little slow, so will speed those up,
Im still having a little issue with the bluetooth app. i keep getting a file empty error, whats the correct procedure for using it. i originally set the heli up via computer. then i got the bluetooth adaptor, connected it up, then saved the file via app. so when i next connect the app to make changes do i just make changes and resave or do i need to load the file first? dont want to loose all my settings like last time.
Dec 11, 2012, 05:55 PM
Hi Bionicbone,

I am using both the Tarot Pc software 3.0 and the handheld programmer with the clear case. My Zyx-s software is version 3.50. I did the original setup on the software and then make little changes at the field with the handheld. I think this is the unit I originally tried to setup on the 250 with the orange satellite but couldn't figure it out. I ended up just using an aurora 6 receiver after that. If it wasn't the used one it was new. I didn't have a lot of flights on the 250 but it was a belt tail and never had this issue.

If it get some time tomorrow I will look at setting up the fail safe and I think I have enough spare parts to switch back to a tt tail just to see if it makes a difference.
Dec 11, 2012, 10:19 PM
I didn't have the parts for the torque tube so I have grounded the boom for now. I have also opened the zyx and best I can see everything is ok. I'll know more this weekend when I can get out to the field again.
Dec 12, 2012, 12:09 AM
JefFPV
I got about five flight on my zyx today and all flights were flawless...... I am going to put some more flight on thurs. Will let you know what happens.... thanks
Dec 12, 2012, 07:13 AM
Question, I'm building a 450 FBL and scale body, do I need all digital servos with the ZYX or can I go with metal gear analogs on cyclic and a digital for the tail ?

I was thinking of going with the Tower Pro MG90s (cyclic) and a InoLab HGD-261-HB for tail.
Dec 12, 2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Question, I'm building a 450 FBL and scale body, do I need all digital servos with the ZYX or can I go with metal gear analogs on cyclic and a digital for the tail ?

I was thinking of going with the Tower Pro MG90s (cyclic) and a InoLab HGD-261-HB for tail.
I personally would not risk a scale fuse and heli with mg90's on an fbl setup. If you going to spend on a decent servo for the tail then just get the inolab 202hb's or a set of hitec analog hs65mg's for the cyclic as they are know to work great.
Dec 12, 2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
I personally would not risk a scale fuse and heli with mg90's on an fbl setup. If you going to spend on a decent servo for the tail then just get the inolab 202hb's or a set of hitec analog hs65mg's for the cyclic as they are know to work great.
Thank you, theres so many choices and I wasnt sure. I'm still a noob at building from the ground up, lots of fun tho.
Dec 12, 2012, 10:42 AM
You can use it with cheapo Analogues - but it won't fly as nicely as it would with decent servos - you would have to drop the gains to stop wobbles which will lead to a heli that won't hold as well. You don't need to go mad on high-end servos though - some thing like Savox 0257s are fine
Dec 12, 2012, 10:45 AM
I have both the more powerful MG90 on my flybarless 450 and they work great. I have the MG90S on another helicopter and they work great too. The Hitech 65 is a much better servo,however.

I have some white Hobbyking digital metal gear servos That look promising, but I dont have them on a helicopter yet.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5kg_0_08s.html
Last edited by fpainter3; Dec 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
Dec 12, 2012, 10:52 AM

What about the TGY-306G ?

Hi.
I do not know how they perform in the real life, but from their specs (torque & speed, ball bearing) the Turnigy 306G look almost ideal to me (except perhaps for their weight:21g). They cost ~ 23$ at HK (~18$ with a buddycode). I am considering buying some for the cyclic of my HK450Pro/FBL/ZYX.
Dec 12, 2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmis View Post
Hi.
I do not know how they perform in the real life, but from their specs (torque & speed, ball bearing) the Turnigy 306G look almost ideal to me (except perhaps for their weight:21g). They cost ~ 23$ at HK (~18$ with a buddycode). I am considering buying some for the cyclic of my HK450Pro/FBL/ZYX.
Quite a few people are using them with good results. As you mention, the weight is maybe their only downside.
Dec 12, 2012, 11:33 AM
Thank you all for the input, I didnt mean to hijack this thread into servos, I just needed to know if the ZYX would work with both digital and analogs together.

I will start a thread for the build I'm trying to get together and list up some items I've found to get opinions, remember too that this is with a scale body.
Dec 12, 2012, 05:00 PM
Me and a buddy ordered these for the cyclic on our 450's.

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=242

I decided to try the copterx gyro this time, I had really good luck with the cx-1x1000 and figured I'd give their 3 axis a shot.

Will report back with some feedback whenever the rest of my stuff shows up from the slooowww boat. Still waiting on the gyro and a tarot DFC head.

Quick Reply