Dec 06, 2012, 12:43 AM
OlliW
Quote:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=271062162602 does anyone know if this will work to do the programming via Bluetooth. Tar
peter, NO, this one will NOT work!

a JY-MCU is in principle the correct unit, but in the particular offer it misses the bluetooth part, i.e., it's just the "adapter board" on which the blue tooth board is supossed to go... have a look at the pictures here: http://dx.com/p/jy-mcu-arduino-bluet...18037&u=104299 (just as an example) and compare and you'll see the missing part

(so, don't get attracted by the cheap price, there's a reason for it )
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2012, 01:25 AM
ok cheers, guess ill just buy the tarot bluettoth adaptor then, which i assume works with the android app.
Dec 06, 2012, 04:52 AM

I Have two spare Tarot bluetooth adapters

Hi Peter24,

I have a spare Tarot Bluetooth adapter. I am located in the UK. If you PM me your address I'll pop one in the post to you.
Last edited by Snarfgnik; Dec 06, 2012 at 05:14 AM.
Dec 06, 2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher
]

I believe the pairing code for the tarot is 5782, hope that works for you.
Works perfectly Many thanks (just as a matter of interest - how on Earth did you find out the code?)
Dec 06, 2012, 10:40 AM
JefFPV
Anybody see this yet????
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_2_.html
Dec 06, 2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarfgnik
Works perfectly Many thanks (just as a matter of interest - how on Earth did you find out the code?)
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post23256530
Dec 06, 2012, 11:28 AM

Scroll on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs550t1981
Pity about the semi-see-thru orange case, but it looks like a great deal for a TX with a scroll wheel. I love the scroll wheel on my JR 9XII, it makes it so easy to program.
Dec 06, 2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs
Pity about the semi-see-thru orange case, but it looks like a great deal for a TX with a scroll wheel. I love the scroll wheel on my JR 9XII, it makes it so easy to program.
And the other problem is calling it an orange Rx, I think somebody screwed the pooch on the name..... so now we can get even more confused when talking about settings in a Rx Tx
Dec 06, 2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarfgnik
I can't take credit for that, somebody on this forum decompiled the unit and got the code that way, it was posted earlier on. There are some very clever and inquisitive chaps here
Dec 06, 2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Do you have the USB adaptor and can you use it to connect your ZYX to the FBL software? You can only upgrade the firmware by using the FBL software.

Using 7Zip, extract the firmware. For the ZYX-s, the file is ZYX-S-3.50.bin.

Open the FBL software, and connect your controller, which will either need to be powered up by a suitable RX battery or BEC, or just power up the heli with the TX in throttle hold, and maybe a couple of motor leads disconnected if you like. Same as you would when using the program box.

The screenshot below shows the John_NZ software V1.21, but the Tarot software is similar. I'm still using windows XP, but it's similar in later versions. At the bottom right of the screen, under "Firmware Upgrade" click on the "Open" button.

This will open another window where you need to navigate to the firmware file. In the list shown, you need to click on the ZYX-S 3.50 folder

When you click on the folder, you should see the ZYX-S-3.50.bin file, and you should click on that to highlight it and click the "Open" button.

You should then see the filename appear in the box at the bottom right of the FBL software screen as shown below

Then click on the "Upgrade" button. you should then see the following window

In my case, I was just doing a dummy run without the controller connected, but you should see the progress bar fill up and then you will get a message telling you the firmware upgrade is complete.

Hope that helps!
Thanks so much for the help 2Doggs. I can't load the zyxs 3.5 program for some reason. My friend sent me this one, already extracted. FBL gyro configuration V1.169(Beta). Its on my screen but can't connect to zyxs. I have the zyxs powered up and connected to computer with the USB program connector that come with the zyxs unit. Also have the jumper wire hooked up to pit,ele,aux and AIL.
Should that program work?
Dec 06, 2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100
Thanks so much for the help 2Doggs. I can't load the zyxs 3.5 program for some reason. My friend sent me this one, already extracted. FBL gyro configuration V1.169(Beta). Its on my screen but can't connect to zyxs. I have the zyxs powered up and connected to computer with the USB program connector that come with the zyxs unit. Also have the jumper wire hooked up to pit,ele,aux and AIL.
Should that program work?
Yes, it should - and if it's the John_NZ FBL software, there are later versions too. the current one is 1.22.

You need to select the right com port. If you go into device manager, with the USB - serial adaptor connected, you should see it listed, along with the com port number, when you click on Ports (COM & LPT) as in the png image below. In my case, the adaptor is on Com27, but yours will likely be on a different port.

Then when you try to connect your gyro to the software, make sure you set the Com port to match the number shown in device manager.

On my laptop, I was struggling to get it to connect, but it worked after a re-boot, so if in doubt, try a re-boot.

Good luck!
Dec 07, 2012, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Yes, it should - and if it's the John_NZ FBL software, there are later versions too. the current one is 1.22.

You need to select the right com port. If you go into device manager, with the USB - serial adaptor connected, you should see it listed, along with the com port number, when you click on Ports (COM & LPT) as in the png image below. In my case, the adaptor is on Com27, but yours will likely be on a different port.

Then when you try to connect your gyro to the software, make sure you set the Com port to match the number shown in device manager.

On my laptop, I was struggling to get it to connect, but it worked after a re-boot, so if in doubt, try a re-boot.

Good luck!
On this program it tells me which com port its plugged into. If I switch it to 3 from 4 it shows the change in device manager and on the FBL program. How do you have 27 ports? I tried all 7 on my computer and it won't connect.
Dec 07, 2012, 07:03 AM
just a couple of quick questions, looking from the back of the heli, for tail compensate, collective to tail, when i move throttle off of centre the tail slider moves right, is this correct.
same when i move cyclic in the corners, tail slider moves right.
Cheers test flight tommorrow if the wind drops a bit.
Dec 07, 2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100
On this program it tells me which com port its plugged into. If I switch it to 3 from 4 it shows the change in device manager and on the FBL program. How do you have 27 ports? I tried all 7 on my computer and it won't connect.
You have to choose the port that's shown in device manager. Look out for any yellow warning exclamation marks in Device manager that indicate a problem.

Not sure what's going on with my ports - most of them below port 27 are shown as "in use". Since I'm now the only holdout using XP in the house, I can't easily compare my laptop with other family pc's.

Try going to John_NZ's site . You can download V1.16 or V1.21 or V1.22
Dec 07, 2012, 08:55 AM
Copter-FPV rules
Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to use the S.Bus-feature of my ZYX-S flashed to 3.5.
Does anybody know where to download the PC-software version 3.0?
All URLs I found does not work anylonger and John's software does not support s.bus as far as I found..

Big thx,
WEIDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by unochen
The ZYX-S and ZYX 3.0’s new function:
1:The ZYX-S add DSM2 and DSMJ satellite receiver support function.
2:The ZYX-S add Futaba S-Bus receiver support function.
3:The ZYX-S add failsafe function when using DSM2 and DSMJ satellite receiver,
user can set the failsafe values for throttle and collective pitch.
4:The ZYX-S add four aircraft configrations: ‘+’ quadrotor, ‘X’ quadrotor,
conventional airplane(enhance hover and 3D flight), delta airplane.
5:The ZYX-S can use the USB adapter to connect to PC, the new PC software is
ZYX 3.0. It can be setup by the ZYX multifunctional gyro programmer.
6:The ZYX 3.0 add parameter explanation function, put the mouse on the parameter,
the explanation will be shown.

Quick Reply