Sep 25, 2011, 05:04 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Thread OP
Question

How about some input on ValueHobby's GForce lipos?

I'm in the cheap market for some new lipos and I've been shopping around a bit. I'm mainly looking for ~1800mAh 3S packs, preferably capable of putting out around 40A without choking. I'm also trying to avoid ordering from overseas because by the time they show up it'll be winter.

I found these "GForce" packs that ValueHobby sells and they seem to fit my needs, but I've never heard much about them. YES, I tried the search function here

Can anyone recommend them or warn me away from them? I'm not hoping for much; as long as they're comparable to Zippys or Turnigys I'll be able to live with them.
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2011, 06:18 PM
Are there crawfish in heaven??
I've used a couple of the 30C 3300 packs in series as 6S this season and so far so good. the IR is ok, with one cell a bit higher, but for the price I'm good with that. I just bought a couple of 40C 3s 2200 packs for my Planeadrenaline mini midget mustang but haven't had a chance to try them yet. They look like they'll be as good as the other guys turnigys and zippys
Sep 25, 2011, 06:24 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
I have been using several of the 30c - different mahs. No trouble so far

Wolfe
Sep 25, 2011, 06:31 PM
Thread OP
Two for two so far. Souds like I might be placing an order pretty soon
Sep 25, 2011, 07:10 PM
Me too, been ordering from them for years. 3s 2200s, 1300s, and 800s. No issues, deans connectors pre-soldered, and fast cheap shipping.
Sep 25, 2011, 08:27 PM
An Ordinary User
I've been using their 1S UM batteries for over 6 months and some 500/800 mah 2S and 3S for about as long.

The only thing that I don't like is they put a Deans plug on a 350Mah 3S. The connector weighed as much as the battery, doubling its weight. Of course I shortened the wires and replaced it with JST since that's what I have on my 6-12A escs I use in my light aircraft.

I appreciate the quality of their connectors but in this case it was overkill.

SB
Sep 25, 2011, 08:31 PM
Been using them for 3 years now and still flying on the original ones purchased! Have bought several since then for other planes and have not had any problems, even went to their lipo for the transmitter and can get over 10 hour flight time before even thinking about recharging!
Sep 25, 2011, 08:33 PM
Thread OP
Sweet, thanks for the input
Sep 25, 2011, 08:50 PM
Got some 3S/1000s for my Blade CP Pro. They're fine.
Sep 25, 2011, 09:21 PM
Sure it'll hover!
I had the same question and did some research, one thread indicated they might be the same as the Zippy from HK. I have both, from 800 - 2200 and have had no trouble so far... flown helis and 3D airplanes - they hold up well, as good as my friend's $80 3S lipos He's pretty mad about now...
Sep 25, 2011, 09:55 PM
Flying!!! Got to love it
You could try these also. http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl1800-3s1p-30c-3333.html or if you need 40C here http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl1800-3s1p-40c-3333.html Great batterys and they are all I use now. I have 3 packs that should be here Monday. I fly a lot of D/F and you know how hard they are on packs so far no puffing on any of the 12 packs I have right now. Plus they are a little bit cheaper than the Value Hobby packs. I have had both brands but I like the Sky lipos better. Also just seen ad use code Sky lipo and get another 5% off on packs.

Keep em flying
raido56/ Herb
Last edited by raido56; Sep 25, 2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: update
Sep 25, 2011, 10:34 PM
Thread OP
Herb, SWEET. That's even better; they're indeed cheaper and I'd guess the actual batteries are pretty much the same so I might as well save a few bucks. I'll have to replace the connectors, but I like a little Deans practice now and then. I've got loads of connectors on hand.

Last couple times I looked at HPZ, all the sizes I was looking for were out of stock... Looks like they have some 1600mAh jobbies as well, which would be even more ideal. Thanks for the heads-up

I might still try the GForce packs in the future, but I'm almost certainly going Sky Lipo for now.
Sep 25, 2011, 11:05 PM
Flying!!! Got to love it
No problem TP. Check the video out. Tony from XHeli.com test the new Sky LiPo with his scale 450 helicopter
New Sky Lipo lithium Polymer batteries Review (3 min 4 sec)

Keep em flying
raido56/ Herb
Sep 28, 2011, 09:29 AM
IFO's are planes too
TP, I use the gensace packs which seam to be holding up.
Hobbypartz sells them and the sky lipos so try one of each.

I also use the EZ-flite lipos from headsup as they are lighter than any others
for my flying wings.
Al.
Sep 28, 2011, 09:45 AM
Thread OP
I've looked at the Gens Ace packs before, but the closest I found for what I need is a 25C 1800mAh and it costs several bucks more. The biggest issue, though, is the size. I need the thinnest packs possible, and the Sky Lipos claim to be just a hair over 20mm thick versus the 25+mm of the Gens Ace ones. It's nearly a quarter-inch difference and when you're trying to stuff these things into Speed 400 pylon fuses, every millimeter counts.

The Sky Lipos are longer, but that's not an issue here.

Ideally, I would have liked to go with the ValueHobby 1500mAh 30C packs, which are only 16mm thick. I could nearly hide one of them in a half-inch-thick foam wing with a bit of clever foam work, which is another priority, but they were out of stock.

Anywho, I ordered a pair of the 1800mAh 30C Sky Lipos and they shipped yesterday. I'll let y'all know what I think

Quick Reply