Sep 23, 2011, 10:02 PM
Always Indecisive
Thread OP
Discussion

for those of you who need motivation....

well i just thought there were some other people out there who are like me. i needed motivation to stop worrying what others think of me and just move on to what i need to do to be successful later in life. so, i found this video to help out a lot.
An Inspirational Video 1 - The Law Of Attraction (4 min 36 sec)

just thought i would share.
Sep 23, 2011, 11:22 PM
I like it. Good message.

I've been thinking of trying a venture and was immediately discouraged by a vendor who said it isnt easy. I didnt think of it because I thought it would be easy. I thought of it because I believed it was possible to do it better. He tried to sway me toward a different more expensive product. I want to solve one kind of problem to start.
Sep 23, 2011, 11:55 PM
Really?
I will never forget the day in elementary school when I heard one kid say to another, "I heard 3rd grade will be really hard."
Sep 24, 2011, 04:33 AM
Closed Account
I'll never forget the day when I was at the bike shop and two little kids asked to borrow their air tank to pump up their BMX bike tires. The kid carrying the tank said "This thing is heavy !", and his friend said "Yeah, that's because it's got 100lbs of air in it".
Sep 24, 2011, 04:46 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68
i needed motivation to stop worrying what others think of me
Sep 24, 2011, 04:48 AM
Government is a fearful master
One day I observed 2 boys about 9 yrs old watching a man prepare his plane for flight. The flyer opened his box and took out a tachometer and began to measure the motor RPM. One little boy asked "what is he doing?". The other replied "he is taking a reading of the prop's suckage".
Sep 24, 2011, 04:56 AM
I found the answer!

Just get old - then you don't give a damn about what others think about you!
Sep 24, 2011, 08:30 AM
Always Indecisive
Thread OP
thanks for all the stories. i like them!

Norman Adlam- LOL true, true.
Sep 24, 2011, 09:35 AM
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
As my mother always told me... "you wouldn't worry so much about what others think about you if you realized how seldom they do."
Sep 24, 2011, 10:57 AM
Always Indecisive
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring
As my mother always told me... "you wouldn't worry so much about what others think about you if you realized how seldom they do."
i like that! that helps a lot. thanks.
Sep 24, 2011, 11:57 AM

What a great thread!

..... and our fearless leader (Obama) hasnt been bashed here yet!

Laramie.
Sep 24, 2011, 12:03 PM
Not THAT Ira
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring

On of my Grandpa's favorites too.
Sep 24, 2011, 12:03 PM
Sloping off....
Quote:
Originally Posted by electroman7
One day I observed 2 boys about 9 yrs old watching a man prepare his plane for flight. The flyer opened his box and took out a tachometer and began to measure the motor RPM. One little boy asked "what is he doing?". The other replied "he is taking a reading of the prop's suckage".
Excellent
Sep 24, 2011, 12:13 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Gained most from the Bible....especially about helping others because of the Light and example of Jesus, my Lord.

My Father's example and pithies like the one from Julius Ceasar, "Be right, then act."

Boy Scouts helped, Scout Oath, A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, clean, brave, and Reverent," and the Motto, "Be Prepared." Knowing I finished the requirements for Eagle Scout meant a lot to me and always have.

Rudyard Kipling, "If"......right down to "If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds worth of distance run, yours will be the earth and all that is in it and what is more, you will be a man my son."

An old Black Man who borrowed money because I felt his advice was worth the risk, "It is worth a dollar to find a man out."

Knowing your life has a purpose as stated by John Milton in "On His Blindness", "When I consider how my light is spent ere half my days in this dark world and wide, And that one talent which is death to hide
Lodg'd with me useless, though my soul more bent to serve therewith my Maker and present my true account, lest he returning chide."

But perhaps it was hearing my father telling my mother when he didn't know I was around, "Don't worry Mother, Lyle will be alright. I don't worry about him."

We are like Ecclesiastes said, "Nothing new under the Sun" but are a compilation of that which we have chosen to follow and become.
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Sep 24, 2011, 02:08 PM
Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee
I'll never forget the day when I was at the bike shop and two little kids asked to borrow their air tank to pump up their BMX bike tires. The kid carrying the tank said "This thing is heavy !", and his friend said "Yeah, that's because it's got 100lbs of air in it".
Weighty message.

Quick Reply