New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:57 PM
JZSlenker is offline
Find More Posts by JZSlenker
JZSlenker's Avatar
Help!

HFP setup client questions


I powered up my board for the first time today. I was able to load the firmware for an X-8 ok and initially connect to the setup client. I then powered up the board, BEC and RX.

1. Is there a correct order to do this. It seems like if I plug the usb in after the board is powered from the LiPos that it can't connect to the setup client. It just sits on "connecting" for awhile then stops.

2. Is the board supposed to reset when the usb cable is plugged in? If I power up (from Lipo) and wait until I get green flashing "ready" light then plug in the usb cable the HFP board seems to restart (esc's beep and the HFP board runs through the startup sequence)

It just seems to be acting a little weird with regards to the setup client.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:22 PM
rallymatt is offline
Find More Posts by rallymatt
Registered User
rallymatt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZSlenker View Post
I powered up my board for the first time today. I was able to load the firmware for an X-8 ok and initially connect to the setup client. I then powered up the board, BEC and RX.

1. Is there a correct order to do this. It seems like if I plug the usb in after the board is powered from the LiPos that it can't connect to the setup client. It just sits on "connecting" for awhile then stops.

2. Is the board supposed to reset when the usb cable is plugged in? If I power up (from Lipo) and wait until I get green flashing "ready" light then plug in the usb cable the HFP board seems to restart (esc's beep and the HFP board runs through the startup sequence)

It just seems to be acting a little weird with regards to the setup client.
Yea, that's normal. It resets when USB is plugged in.

I usually plug USB in, connect, and then plug in lipo if I need to (for cam mount for example). I've found that works for me the best, but don't know if that's the approved way.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:09 PM
JZSlenker is offline
Find More Posts by JZSlenker
JZSlenker's Avatar
Rallymatt, have you also experienced the HFP board not connecting to the setup client if you have first powered the board with your flight battery?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:59 PM
S11D336B is offline
Find More Posts by S11D336B
S11D336B's Avatar
The hoverflyPro will only work with the setup client if it is in "Trouble Mode" indicated by a flashing purple LED

To get it in trouble mode, you only need to plug the USB port in first, connect to the setup client, then plug in your li-po.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZSlenker View Post
Rallymatt, have you also experienced the HFP board not connecting to the setup client if you have first powered the board with your flight battery?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2011, 01:39 PM
JZSlenker is offline
Find More Posts by JZSlenker
JZSlenker's Avatar
hmm if i follow that order my esc's don't stop beeping at me
Old Sep 28, 2011, 01:51 PM
rallymatt is offline
Find More Posts by rallymatt
Registered User
rallymatt's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZSlenker View Post
hmm if i follow that order my esc's don't stop beeping at me
Yup!

Beep, beep, beep, beep.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:25 PM
JZSlenker is offline
Find More Posts by JZSlenker
JZSlenker's Avatar
guess I'll just use an outboard battery to run the RX for setups. My office mates have an issue with all the beeping.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:51 PM
S11D336B is offline
Find More Posts by S11D336B
S11D336B's Avatar
Just not higher than 6v as this will fry a component on the board.

Also, if the board is not blinking purple you won't be able to use the setup client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZSlenker View Post
guess I'll just use an outboard battery to run the RX for setups. My office mates have an issue with all the beeping.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:30 PM
JZSlenker is offline
Find More Posts by JZSlenker
JZSlenker's Avatar
I didn't even bother powering the HFP board (other than through the USB cable) I just need to use a second outboard battery for my RX so I can see changes in the setup client. Otherwise I need to plug in my Lipo to run the BEC for the RX and then I get tons of beeping. The second battery worked fine. It's just a little tough to get to the battery port on the RX


Thread Tools