Thread Tools
Feb 05, 2012, 07:14 PM
Whoooo!
StormJunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dhsedge41er
How does this compare to the epp extra? Does it fly like the big slick?
Much sturdier than the 33". Larger stringers, thicker foam, and larger spars. Stringers on both sides of fuse too. I'm sure it will fly awesome!

As for flying like a Balsa Slick; I don't think you can ever compare an EPP to a balsa...Just some inherent differences.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2012, 07:47 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie
Much sturdier than the 33". Larger stringers, thicker foam, and larger spars. Stringers on both sides of fuse too. I'm sure it will fly awesome!

As for flying like a Balsa Slick; I don't think you can ever compare an EPP to a balsa...Just some inherent differences.
I figured, but with the price I am debating which one to get for my next plane, the balsa or epp...
Feb 05, 2012, 08:02 PM
Whoooo!
StormJunkie's Avatar
The 42" is an awesome plane. I'm sure the 38" will be to though, but I don't think I would ever trade my 42" for any EPP if I were forced to make a choice.
Feb 05, 2012, 08:04 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
I take the 38 epp everywhere Great plane to fly low with
Feb 05, 2012, 08:05 PM
Whoooo!
StormJunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420
I take the 38 epp everywhere Great plane to fly low with
Just noticed they are out of stock on them! At least they don't have to come from across the pond, so hopefully they will have more soon. So glad I got mine last week!
Feb 06, 2012, 05:58 PM
Registered User
I had ( 2 ) 42" slicks in the past, and they fly great. The 51" I loved, I had several of those, I think out of all of them, the 51" was my fav.

The 33" EPP, I hated it, people loved them, but it wasn't for me.

After crashing several planes ( Blasa ), I'm going to use the 38" EPP to ( warm up ), pratice low hovering etc, then when I get the nerve's calmed down a bit, with the excitment when I get to the feild, I'll bring out the balsa planes

If I had to have one or the other, I don't think I would take the EPP over balsa. But if you plan on crashing, which we all do, you can't beat EPP

Last year I lost 3 planes, total cost was about $1K on the loss of the air frmaes, Most of the time, the motor, etc was always good, unless it was a reall good crash
Feb 06, 2012, 06:01 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie
Thanks again Crawl!

So that will put the last piece of my puzzle together....

Hacker x20 ESC
Motrofly 2215-1150
3 (maybe 4) S3114's MAY put a MG in the rudder, but kind of doubt it now. At $17, I'm not out too much if the 3114 doesn't work out in the rudder.
3 Hyperion G3 EX 1100mah 45c packs
and a Futaba R6004FF RX.

Should make for a good flyer I think
Where did you order your lipos from?

Yeh, I wasn't happy spending $100 bucks on the 65MG's, I should have just went with the S3114's < I really didnt want to have $300+ into a foamie

Oh, well day late, dam ..................
Feb 06, 2012, 06:07 PM
Sky Pilot
four stroke pwr's Avatar
Been flying the 9 gram digitals from hobbyparts since the 38" EPP came out, and they have been fast and flawless..
Feb 06, 2012, 06:07 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver
Where did you order your lipos from?

Yeh, I wasn't happy spending $100 bucks on the 65MG's, I should have just went with the S3114's < I really didnt want to have $300+ into a foamie

Oh, well day late, dam ..................
Those servos can go into alot more planes later
Feb 06, 2012, 06:22 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420
Those servos can go into alot more planes later
Yeh, I may pull them later for a heli or something, I'm building a 450 heli they would work perfect on the Cyclics

I may have to give it some thought
Feb 06, 2012, 07:42 PM
Whoooo!
StormJunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver
Yeh, I may pull them later for a heli or something, I'm building a 450 heli they would work perfect on the Cyclics

I may have to give it some thought
As I lay these tiny S3114's out on the wings...And try to figure out how to make the arm long enough to get the same length as the wooden extensions...I think I might be second guessing the 3114s. May have to opt for something else.
Feb 06, 2012, 08:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie
As I lay these tiny S3114's out on the wings...And try to figure out how to make the arm long enough to get the same length as the wooden extensions...I think I might be second guessing the 3114s. May have to opt for something else.
let us know how you make out

They dont sell arm extensions ?


Also, I thought your supposed to screw to wood they give you onto the servo arm, to make the lenght longer ?
Feb 06, 2012, 09:11 PM
Whoooo!
StormJunkie's Avatar
Yeah, they do screw to the wood, but will have to find bigger arms; the ones that come with it are too small to screw to...That's what I get for trying to be cheap
Feb 06, 2012, 09:31 PM
Registered User
Opps !
Feb 06, 2012, 09:44 PM
Whoooo!
StormJunkie's Avatar
No worries, Luckily the LHS is a local owned non-chain store, they will take them back. Guess I might just go with the HS65mg's...or 5065's

And actually, what I'll do is pull the HS65's out of the old 42" and then put some 5065's in there. At least I won't have to feel bad about spending $120 on servos for a foamy
Last edited by StormJunkie; Feb 06, 2012 at 09:56 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3D Hobby Shop 34" EDGE EPP joesmith285 3D Foamies 1200 Jul 26, 2014 07:22 AM
Sold 3D Hobby Shop 51" AJ Slick - RTF 6L6Amp Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Aug 15, 2011 05:54 PM
Wanted 3D Hobby Shop 89" Slick PinkYakRC Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Jun 29, 2011 10:09 PM
For Sale 3D Hobby Shop 70" Slick davidsons Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Jun 09, 2011 10:39 AM