Sep 21, 2011, 04:43 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Can you help identify what Align 450 this is?

Hi guys. I'm a newbie with helicopters. Bought my blade cx2 few months ago and loved it. I have just purchased a blade SR as an upgrade but haven't done anything with it as yet as I'm still learning. Just hover and stuff. Anyway, I was thinking of eventually upgrading to a blade 400 or something along the line when I get better with the SR. Noticed on Craigslist yesterday for an Align 450 and the seller was wanting $200 for it. Seller stated he found this heli in a storage room at his work. The picture he posted has a bent flybar but everything else looks good. He has no way to check out the heli as he has no battery or transmitter. I offered $100 on the account there are posts on Craigslist with people selling their Align 450 with upgrades for around $200 and also I don't know the working condition of the heli. He agreed and I bought it since I figure a BNF blade 400 is currently selling a lot more than $100.

My question is what model of 450 do I have? The canopy says 450SA but comparing the 450SA on google, the parts are different so I'm turning to some experts here. I'm charging a 2150mah battery up and will try to see if she would spin tomorrow or not. Don't think I have the skill to fly her as yet though Attach are some pictures I took so you guys can help me decide what 450 model it is. Thanks guys

BTW, since I'm a newbie, should I replace the flybar or can I try to bend it back straight as much as I can?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2011, 04:53 PM
replace the fly bar with a Align 210mm One Cheap like 6 or 7 bucks for a pack of 2

To me that Looks Like a 450 sa with some Carbon fiber upgrades?
Sep 21, 2011, 10:40 PM
+1 TCB i have the same bird, and it looks just lke mine which is a 450 SA.
Sep 21, 2011, 10:56 PM
Yep, the 450 SE and SE V2 came in blue anodized aluminum so definitely started out as an SA, looks like some cnc upgrades from other companies as well.
Sep 22, 2011, 05:10 AM
The left upper frame is alloy, the right is carbon fibre...cool...this heli needs some care...desperately...
Sep 22, 2011, 06:25 AM
The Last Question
Yeah, but an awesome deal at $100!
Sep 22, 2011, 09:08 AM
Thread OP
Thanks guys for the replies.

Just an update. I was going to install new flybar rod but found out I have no tools, LOL. I only have this wimpy hex which I think is a 1.5mm. I need a larger hex to completely remove the old flybar rod. Anyway, just to see if it is working, I bent the flybar back as well as I can. Then put the binding plug in and then plugged in the battery. Everything powered up nicely and I got it bound to a DX7. I took out the binding plug and pushed the throttle up a little just to see if it spin and it WORKS . Just ordered some Thorp hex drivers last night and will try to get her operational

Thanks a million again guys.
Sep 23, 2011, 04:29 AM
Take a good look at that swash, if looks awfully like an E-Sky.
Sep 24, 2011, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy76
Yeah, but an awesome deal at $100!
Well, what he posted implied it was stollen. And he posted pictures, with a serial number.
Sep 24, 2011, 10:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob
Well, what he posted implied it was stollen. And he posted pictures, with a serial number.
what does that mean? why was it stolen and what use is the serial number?
Sep 24, 2011, 01:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
FYI. The guy whom I purchased this from works at a motel and his boss was present when I bought the heli. He (the boss) confirmed it has been sitting in their storage for a while and noone claimed it. So they decide to sell it.

If this was stolen and the owner can give me proof in term of a receipt with matching serial number or tell me the name of the motel that the heli was left behind and where the location of the motel, then he/she can contact me through this forum and pay me the $100+gas money to get there+shipping and I'll be more than happy to return it

So please don't assume and accuse people of wrong doing without knowing me and the whole story. Thanks
Last edited by nartac; Sep 24, 2011 at 02:36 PM.
Sep 24, 2011, 07:59 PM
Well, you just said he found it at work in a storage room, and the low price. If you did not want to leave the implication, you did not need to say it.
Sep 24, 2011, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Well, you just said he found it at work in a storage room, and the low price. If you did not want to leave the implication, you did not need to say it.
I'm not sure where you got the implication that it was stolen, people leave the weirdest stuff behind at hotels all the time. he was just passing on information, i didn't see any implication and was confused at your initial post.

maybe he should have lied instead?

Quick Reply