This thread is privately moderated by GiusedtoBe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 20, 2011, 04:25 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Electrifly J-3 Cub

This is the first balsa build I've done since I was a kid and the first plane I've ever covered with monokote. Took me a long time because I'm slow but it was a lot of fun and the plane is a great relaxing flyer. Covering it was tedious and I made a lot of mistakes but I'm happy with it since its my first covering job. Still needs struts, wing numbers and the black swoop down the side but at last my demoted Airfield goofy finally is airborne again!

Regards,
Alan
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2011, 02:33 AM

cub

nice lookin job
Sep 21, 2011, 03:31 PM

Great looking plane!

Thanks for sharing. This is a really great looking plane and I appreciate the tips. I intend to order the kit from tower soon to give me something to do over the winter. (Not that the wife isn't able to find enough things for me to do but this will be something for me! )

Jim
Sep 21, 2011, 04:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmors
Thanks for sharing. This is a really great looking plane and I appreciate the tips. I intend to order the kit from tower soon to give me something to do over the winter. (Not that the wife isn't able to find enough things for me to do but this will be something for me! )

Jim
I may eventually put her on floats who knows. There in SD you could fly it off skis.

Good Luck & keep me posted on your build,
Alan

Quick Reply