Sep 19, 2011, 08:51 PM
Trader Rating: 64
TigreJohn
Thread OP
Discussion

Storm 2313 might be a reseller

Be careful of for sale ads by Storm2313, he may be a of those damn resellers who is selling things he does not own in the hopes of making a profit. In other words, you will probably find the same stuff elsewhere cheaper.

Currently he has an ad for an Airtronics RD8000 radio with two receivers, Problem is that the picture is for an RDS8000 with three receivers. When questioned by another gentleman about the difference-no response. When I found the identical picture on an RCU ad with the same problem ( three receivers versus two and identical picture) for $45.00 less, whoa. The other gentleman found the same situation.

I posted a question as to the probability if one ad was an outright fraud or that the offerer on RCG was, in fact, a reseller of things he didn't have with the hopes that of he got a bite here, he could get it cheaper somewhere else and make a few bucks.

Guess whose posts were deleted awfully damn fast: both of us.
Last edited by jjkupinski; Sep 19, 2011 at 09:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2011, 10:01 PM
Trader Rating: 82
Living the dream
Thanks for the heads up. Nothing wrong with reselling.......so long as you have the items in hand of course. I wouldn't ever try and sell anything thats not in my possession.
Sep 20, 2011, 03:24 AM
Trader Rating: 89

Unbelievable People..

Please don't start bad mouthing forum reseller members due to your own issues about reselling. Your choice is your own, but don't make accusations unless you have ACTUAL proof of scams. I have an Itrader rating of 7, and cause I choose to resell certain individuals have issues. So be it.

The real issue here is people who have too much time on there hands. Think like this if it wasn't for resellers like myself people on this an many other forums would be stuck paying Ebay or retail hobby shop prices . You really should look at it from a side of any reseller if you have the ability to procure any item from a dealer individual or whomever and resell it as long as you can get the item (It's called drop shipping for the buyers realm) there isn't an issue.

Honestly 9 out of 10 of the smaller internet hobby shops use drop shipping exclusively to cut down on costs. Why buy something prior to selling when you have the option to obtain it after receiving payment. (That's called leverage people)

I'm sure you went into a hobby shop to purchase a radio before and get told "I can order it for you" well to be honest so can you, but in order to keep the smaller hobby buisnesses open they don't carry inventory to sit on their shelves HOPING you will come in and purchase it 9 months from the day they bought it.

There isn't any law about making money online, and using forums to do it if you act professional. I don't see any issue other than anger towards someone who thought of something you didn't. I never scammed anyone and don't pretend to make promises I can't keep. If I list something you can rest assure I can produce it, and if an issue arises I handle it as any good buisness should.

If your content with paying retail then go to your hobby shop and purchase all your hobby related goods, but wait you were in the classifieds so you WANT to save money and that's where I come in regardless of my markup it's still MUCH cheaper than retail. I don't have to tell you this your smart enough to know it by shopping in the classified section..lol (I like the way you posted this in the ALERT forum listing. (I am a reseller no doubt about it)
Sep 20, 2011, 06:22 AM
Trader Rating: 44
Well put.
Sep 20, 2011, 06:43 AM
Trader Rating: 128
Suspended Account
+ 1. SO WHAT if someone is a reseller? Is this a crime suddenly? Am I a reseller if I bought a plane from someone else, fly it, then sell it when I'm done with it? I've sold half a dozen things in the past few months for people at my club who don't know how to use (and don't own) a computer. What exactly is wrong with that?

It's up to the seller to make sure the item they are selling is as advertised. If it's not, they get hit with the appropriate feedback. If the buyer pays with PP, he has the appropriate buyers protection. It's not a perfect system, but darn close.

I've said it more than a few times, posts like this make the OP look worse than the person they are trying to defame and malign. If you are smart OP, delete the whole thing. Otherwise this sits up here and people mark your name down as someone they don't want to sell to, or buy from. My list just grew by one.
Last edited by porcia83; Jan 03, 2012 at 07:27 AM.
Sep 20, 2011, 06:54 AM
Trader Rating: 22

im closing a hobby shop

after 20 + YEARS in the hobby, my doors are closing, and if a item was over say 20 bucks it was always hard to get retail,now the price will really be paid as it is hard to get the items that are needed now, glue, paint, fuel, ect well so be it, we just manufacture now, and i will probably cut off the few dealers i have as its a go direct world now, i say if you can buy low sell high anything, you have a phd, in business and should do it,in the end the money saved will never replace the value of putting it in your hand and saying thats what i need, or the new guy that still needs help,the real price has not been paid, but its coming, and the hobby as a whole is going to suffer as a result of the sell out mantality of people,there is more to value then price,we are only in a transition phase now, wait till all the professionals in the hobby are gone, and everything left is all based on price,well there is always video games,
Sep 20, 2011, 07:23 AM
Trader Rating: 215
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm2313
Please don't start bad mouthing forum reseller members due to your own issues about reselling. Your choice is your own, but don't make accusations unless you have ACTUAL proof of scams. I have an Itrader rating of 7, and cause I choose to resell certain individuals have issues. So be it.

The real issue here is people who have too much time on there hands. Think like this if it wasn't for resellers like myself people on this an many other forums would be stuck paying Ebay or retail hobby shop prices . You really should look at it from a side of any reseller if you have the ability to procure any item from a dealer individual or whomever and resell it as long as you can get the item (It's called drop shipping for the buyers realm) there isn't an issue.

Honestly 9 out of 10 of the smaller internet hobby shops use drop shipping exclusively to cut down on costs. Why buy something prior to selling when you have the option to obtain it after receiving payment. (That's called leverage people)

I'm sure you went into a hobby shop to purchase a radio before and get told "I can order it for you" well to be honest so can you, but in order to keep the smaller hobby buisnesses open they don't carry inventory to sit on their shelves HOPING you will come in and purchase it 9 months from the day they bought it.

There isn't any law about making money online, and using forums to do it if you act professional. I don't see any issue other than anger towards someone who thought of something you didn't. I never scammed anyone and don't pretend to make promises I can't keep. If I list something you can rest assure I can produce it, and if an issue arises I handle it as any good buisness should.

If your content with paying retail then go to your hobby shop and purchase all your hobby related goods, but wait you were in the classifieds so you WANT to save money and that's where I come in regardless of my markup it's still MUCH cheaper than retail. I don't have to tell you this your smart enough to know it by shopping in the classified section..lol (I like the way you posted this in the ALERT forum listing. (I am a reseller no doubt about it)
Cutting to the chase, ONE or BOTH of you are using someone else's photos:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=782351

A couple decent photos of only the actual items posted for sale and this thread would not exist.
Sep 20, 2011, 07:36 AM
Trader Rating: 99
road wart
fact of the matter is.......unless you made it yourself and are selling something........everyone is a reseller.....do you have the same issues with your car dealer when buying a car? Walmart? your grocery store? Get real
Sep 20, 2011, 07:50 AM
Trader Rating: 82
Living the dream
Yep, I just resold all kinds of stuff that I purchased from another member. About $1200 worth of stuff at retail. All my hard work and time made made me a whopping $380, haha.

If you have the items thats great, if not well......thats cool to. Drop shipping is common. NOW, when using someone else's photos that causes concern. Just state in the ad, "not actual item or stock photo" It doesn't hurt to ask the person to use their photo for your sale either.

This isn't rocket science. Common sense and courtesy is all it takes.
It's all been discussed before. All the scamming lately has some members jumpy.

Everyone should have an open mind from both sides I guess.

But it to am a believer....use a pic of "your" item thats for sale. Unless it's something like normal use items.....props, hinges, glues, wheels......blah, blah..

Mike
Sep 20, 2011, 08:03 AM

The Truth Of The Matter..

It's a funny thing how people try to use these and other forums to slander someone for justification of there own opinion of what they feel is right.

Every person selling in the classified section is a RESELLER. They may have bought, tried, received as a gift, flew, whatever and decided to resell the item. It's their choice and that's what keeps us all always looking for a deal.

Case in point Expresscraft sold me a brand new Rossi Black Head .60 for $150 shipped for my Eagle 580. That engine is EXTREMELY hard to find and NIB is all but impossible. I saved at least $100 if you can be lucky enough to find one in that condition. I'm thankful and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I think their are some dishonest peple out there and that's what this ALERT forum is for. I have to tell you the truth their are allot of well known hobby retailers that offer sub par service before and after a sale is completed. I think we can all attest to that. The point is don't try and mislead people to believe someone is dishonest cause they understand buisness.

Don't be paranoid if a photo is used from someone else. Browse Ebay for about a minute an 99% of dealers on there use manufacturer's stock photos. It's the same principle. Affiliate marketing works and I'm proof. If someone can use my photo and sell what I have and not charge me a thing to do it, but add to the price to cover their fees so be it. I'm happy I sold it for what I asked and I have a happy buyer. That's capitalism at it's best, flip a house flip an RC item what's the difference? Paranoia isn't required and if it is buy from a brick and mortar retailer. Paypal has such buyer protection a chargeback is realatively to easy. (Don't believe me view the website Paypalsucks.com)

I'm a purchasing manager for a national lighting company and understand the mechanics of buy and sell. I'm just applying the same principles of buisness to the hobby I enjoy. Instead of trying to produce a negative image of me, try taking notes. Remember if the system didn't work I wouldn't do it..
Last edited by storm2313; Sep 20, 2011 at 08:13 AM.
Sep 20, 2011, 08:34 AM
Trader Rating: 16
Suspended Account

Not everyones a manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm2313
It's a funny thing how people try to use these and other forums to slander someone for justification of there own opinion of what they feel is right.

Every person selling in the classified section is a RESELLER. They may have bought, tried, received as a gift, flew, whatever and decided to resell the item. It's their choice and that's what keeps us all always looking for a deal.

Case in point Expresscraft sold me a brand new Rossi Black Head .60 for $150 shipped for my Eagle 580. That engine is EXTREMELY hard to find and NIB is all but impossible. I saved at least $100 if you can be lucky enough to find one in that condition. I'm thankful and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I think their are some dishonest peple out there and that's what this ALERT forum is for. I have to tell you the truth their are allot of well known hobby retailers that offer sub par service before and after a sale is completed. I think we can all attest to that. The point is don't try and mislead people to believe someone is dishonest cause they understand buisness.

Don't be paranoid if a photo is used from someone else. Browse Ebay for about a minute an 99% of dealers on there use manufacturer's stock photos. It's the same principle. Affiliate marketing works and I'm proof. If someone can use my photo and sell what I have and not charge me a thing to do it, but add to the price to cover their fees so be it. I'm happy I sold it for what I asked and I have a happy buyer. That's capitalism at it's best, flip a house flip an RC item what's the difference? Paranoia isn't required and if it is buy from a brick and mortar retailer. Paypal has such buyer protection a chargeback is realatively to easy. (Don't believe me view the website Paypalsucks.com)

I'm a purchasing manager for a national lighting company and understand the mechanics of buy and sell. I'm just applying the same principles of buisness to the hobby I enjoy. Instead of trying to produce a negative image of me, try taking notes. Remember if the system didn't work I wouldn't do it..
Well put.

We need Janitors also. People are from all walks of life and have varying levels of thinking.

Your educating them and so this forum works well in this sense.

Your a good man.
Sep 20, 2011, 08:54 AM
Thank you Edge.

Some people just don't get it as my grandfather would tell me..
Sep 20, 2011, 09:19 AM
Trader Rating: 92
miniture aircraft pilot
well storm , you contacted me about buying a radio , and would i take x amount, sure i said.. then you gave me a story about coming to get it at the end of the week... VIola.. an add appears elsewhere using my picture.. asking for more. I reported that add.

i woudn't deal with you and your with in driving distance.

If you want to resell fine.. but you buy the product first and take your chances, not ask some one to hold and see if you can get more first.
Sep 20, 2011, 09:30 AM
Trader Rating: 27
CERTIFIED CRASH ARTIST
I would like to say thanks to the resellers.If not for them I would not be able to stay in this hobby.I am disabled and could not go to a hobby shop and pay retail if I did I would have to skip a few meals or maybe not get a script filled so I say THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!

Jim
Sep 20, 2011, 09:49 AM
Like I said you just didn't think of it right RCSHIRT??

Whatever you have to be upset about is your own buisness. It's not personal it's buisness. You want X amount and I get Y amount to resell. Why does that make you angry unless your jealous??

As far as dealing with me I'm really not losing any sleep Sounds like your angry I didn't buy it from you. Want to know a secret if I find a better deal than what you had you bet I wouldn't buy it It's purely logic

The rationale people use is sometimes scary. I didn't think of that so you shouldn't do it..LOL

Quick Reply