Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 20, 2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks Tom and gang, Carolynn and I had a blast!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2011, 06:15 PM
Neat Fair was awesome! Can't wait until next year. Anybody know what happened to GJ Hobbies from Endicott NY? They had a lot of ready to fly stuff last year. A few of us were looking for them.
Maybe they were affedted by Irene.
Sep 20, 2011, 06:34 PM
Micki,Vickie, and I had a great time. We went home tired, but happy. Met a lot of new friends (Hi, Alex!), saw some old friends (Hi, Bill G. and Don B.!), did some flying, and just plain had a lot of fun.

Good work, Tom! You and your folks did a great job!

Bill & Micki

p.s. Crash, saw you a bunch of times, but never had a chance to stop you and say "hello". Your avatar doesn't do you justice!
Sep 20, 2011, 10:11 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Thanks for the kind words ,hope you caught the fireworks and big top vapor flying with smoke machine & disco lights. I almost got a chance to share a bowl of rice crispys with a bear on turtle island monday were I camped. Shame nobody posted a pic of my custom scratch plane I airbrushed beyond what a normal person would do. Way to much time on my hands. Can you make the Floyd Bennett electric funfly in Oct ? Bill,every year gets better with NEAT,Next year we'll hang for sure. I stayed the whole week, monday to sunday night and got plenty of flying done,then enjoyed everyone company...hope you did the same ! Went way to fast.....
Sep 20, 2011, 11:03 PM
Hey Terry,

I meant to thank you again for providing the lighting and smoke effects for our in-tent Vapor flying. It really did the trick! I think we had at one point seven or eight Vapors bopping their way around the tent. And it looked so cool watching the disco lights illuminate the tent from a distance. It was a total blast - we even had Tom and Ray joining the fun over the course of the show. I can't wait for next year's edition

Rob
Sep 25, 2011, 09:32 AM
Truss-Loc Monkey
A big thanks to Tom and the SEFLI volunteers for making this years NEAT spectacular! We almost bagged attending the event due to concerns of flooding.. glad we didn't. The weather was ideal and the event well run. Looking forward to next year.

Special thanks to Mark S. for keeping us posted on the local weather situation and for feeding us on Friday night. Mark and I enjoyed catching up and you "k-bobs" were excellent.

Rob, thanks for the special mug JCSF big top mug - undoubtedly this prevented an epidemic of lip fungus at the event. Traveled pretty light this year and was a touch more strung out from the drive, otherwise I would have loved to fly the disco shaft. Next year perhaps I'll have my act together for the next illuminated model!

BCSF group... already posted on your thread... but once again, THANK YOU!

Customers and friends - thanks again for turning out and sharing your build stories and suggestions and hospitality with us. Truly the highlight of the show is flying with old friends and meeting new ones.

See you next year.

-Bill
Stevens AeroModel
Sep 25, 2011, 04:55 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Ooh, Ooh ......Ooh,Ooh,Ooh ....Mr. Cotter, Mr. Cottor ....wait till next year Rob..anything for you guys....yu ain't seen nutin yet ! ...........................
Sep 27, 2011, 08:31 AM
Kit Manufacturer
I need to start prepping for it now as I always run out of time and things don't get done. I had all the stuff together to do some bind and fly models and never got the time. Tom et al, fabulous event. You seem to see a "NEAT Official" everywhere (great coverage) and it was great to chat with everyone. Definitely sign me as a vendor for next year. I won't wait until the website is down this time Thank you for accommodating me. I need to remember the badge topic also. and I need to get some helpers to come with me so I get to fly more! and something bigger to drive so packing (what to leave behind) isn't such a chore.

*waves* to all the new friends
Jim/Coreman
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Sep 27, 2011, 07:02 PM
No ! Your other left !
Coreman, I'll cover your six while you fly. Just bring the leftovers from our Fri nite dinner for me!
Al
Sep 27, 2011, 09:53 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramsdell View Post
Coreman, I'll cover your six while you fly. Just bring the leftovers from our Fri nite dinner for me!
Al
Good plan Al. See you next year
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham