Simprop Rabbit hottie reborn - RC Groups
Sep 17, 2011, 01:23 PM
Single-task at best...
Discussion

Simprop Rabbit hottie reborn

Anybody remember this one? 57" and designed around a 200 watt S600 tincan and 7 Nicads as I recall.....

Anyway I managed to pick a dented one up at a swapmeet the other week for the lowly sum of 25 - complete with servos.

I stripped the awful pink covering from the wing, and glassed it using WBPU before adding two-tone blue Solarfilm from the scraps box. It was easier to make a new tailplane than to refurbish the old one.

The damaged fuselage was filled and repainted.

The existing S600 motor was binned and I fitted a direct-drive inrunner instead. A posh ali spinner and 10x6 blades sees just under 1000 watts - limited mostly by the dodgy 4S pack I'm using. (A better one is on order....)

She weighs in at 2 lb, and flies good and true. By no means competitive, but a very nippy sports model.

I'm chuffed!

tim
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2011, 01:50 PM
Cool!
I had two of those at some point, powered by 540-car motors on a 3.7 gearbox. At that time we thought they were pretty fast and heaps of fun. Slow by todays standards but back then....
I was always a bit weary of that front lip holding the wing, but your glass reinformancement may have beefed up the wing enough to deal with your power train.
Good deal at 25punds, hope you have a lot of fun with this one

Gerben
Oct 26, 2017, 02:29 PM
what are the control throws Tim..?
Oct 26, 2017, 03:25 PM
I'm All Thumbs
Very noice indeed!
Any wagers on it's 'new' lifespan going from 200 to 1000 watts ?
I've a Mephisto from Reichard awaiting the same treatment.2m if I recall and with an eggshell thin FG fuse (3 repairs later quite stout )
Flight video please
Skies
Jay
Nov 01, 2017, 03:15 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tim..Nice job. I have a Vanessa warm liner that I would also like to update the power system.
So what Typhoon motor are you using, esc, lipo ?
Thanks,
-dave