Sep 18, 2011, 08:43 PM
no more glow models for me!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
Did anyone get any pictures of my GremTwin in flight?
i haven't seen one yet Coreman. but it's still way early!! by next weekend you should see alot more photos. if i see any of you and your plane i'll forward it to ya!! do you cut custom cores?? if so maybe we can do a little business!!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2011, 09:15 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
I want to thank all of you who shot pictures and taking the time to post them. I live way too far away to get there, so I look at all the pictures.

Great images and thank you so much.

I know how long it can take to post all the images and there is a great variety and I love it.

So please know there is one person who loves the pictures, I will keep checking to see how many more are posted.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred

The pair of canards, USAF colors, scratch built, kit, what were they?
Sep 18, 2011, 09:43 PM
rfk
rfk

The pair of canards, USAF colors, scratch built, kit, what were they?

I believe they were SIG Tristars.
Sep 18, 2011, 09:54 PM
Just Plane Crazy
For the past few years I have been volunteering to help with the manning of the Neat Fair. Friday I was assigned to the Main Flight Line from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
This work detail gives me an advantage in that when the Flight line is well covered I am able to shoot a photo here and their.
Sep 18, 2011, 09:57 PM
Just Plane Crazy
Quote:
Originally posted by conehead:

I want to thank all of you who shot pictures and taking the time to post them. I live way too far away to get there, so I look at all the pictures.

Great images and thank you so much.

I know how long it can take to post all the images and there is a great variety and I love it.

So please know there is one person who loves the pictures, I will keep checking to see how many more are posted.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred

I think I speak for all of the photographers that are sharing in this and other forums. Your are welcome.
The reason we share our images is so others can in a small way experiance the event.

Paul
Sep 18, 2011, 09:59 PM
How high will it go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecraft View Post
I took a few shots of the night-fly contest. The first is 30 seconds of the fur ball as everyone was failing to break three LED-lit balloons as they slowly drifted away! The second is 30 seconds of planes attacking tethered balloons. Lots of crashes, not many balloon pops!
Great shots, what camera?
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Sep 18, 2011, 11:14 PM
Just Plane Crazy
Traditionally on the Friday and Saturday of the Neat Fair at 5:00 PM there is what is called a 'Mass Warbird Launch'.
Imagine about 40 or so Foamie Warbirds in the air at once.
It is quite a sight to see and difficult to explain. With that many airplanes collisions are likely to happen.
This part of the event has affectionately been nick named the Warbird Carnage.

Capturing the spirit of this event is virtually impossible to capture with a still camera. The carnage on the other hand is easy to capture.
Sep 19, 2011, 05:27 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrc1012 View Post
i haven't seen one yet Coreman. but it's still way early!! by next weekend you should see alot more photos. if i see any of you and your plane i'll forward it to ya!! do you cut custom cores?? if so maybe we can do a little business!!
I will do customs for bulk orders, not one offs. Email me with what you're looking for. Shipping is the killer for quantities but I could meet you halfway. I'll be posting what pictures I have that came out in a few minutes
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Sep 19, 2011, 05:31 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfk View Post
I believe they were SIG Tristars.
Yes, they were and they were under the RCGroups tent so you should get some feedback. I have one so I stopped and talked to the guy (and promptly forgot his name) They flew well
Sep 19, 2011, 06:05 AM
Kit Manufacturer
I apologize for the quality. they are from a point and shoot that I couldn't see the back screen on in the sun so it was LITERALLY point and shoot. But then again, the weekend WAS a blur, so the pictures are accurate.

A little self promotion in case people don't know me. My booth is the first pic. Pic 266 is a LiPo fire during the friday lunch demos. There was a second fire on sunday. crash and burn baby! Tough to do justice of the 3D demos with still pictures. I did get some video of the mass launch event but it looks like angry gnats. It was amazing to see so many planes in the air at once. We have 2.4ghz to thank for enabling that

Second half to follow in a moment
Sep 19, 2011, 08:39 AM
rfk
rfk

Aerial shots from Friday afternoon

My friend Tony took these shots on Friday afternoon.
Sep 19, 2011, 08:58 AM
Just Plane Crazy
rfk:

Way too cool.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Sep 19, 2011, 10:22 AM
Just Plane Crazy

First time flying at Neat.

Do you remember your first time flying at Neat?
Do you remember your Heart Beating in your thought?
Do you remember thinking everyone heard your knees banging together?
Do you remember the thrill?

Paul Thomas of Cortland New York brought his RC Guys 33% Pitts to fly for his first Neat Flight. Paul's Pitts has a wingspan of 68 inches and weighs in at a tad over 17 pounds. Powered by an AXI Outrunner and 5000 Mah 12S Lipo.
SKS Video's liked it enough to video the flight and interview Paul.

Congratulations Paul and awesome flying.
Welcome to the 'Neat Pilot' Family.