Sep 16, 2011, 09:08 PM
Paul Pappas,.....AMA....L42520
Thread OP
Alert

North East Classic Pattern Organization (NECPO)

North East Classic Pattern Organization (NECPO)

Now Live NECPO website!!

www.NECPO.org
Last edited by Pitstop000; Sep 18, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2011, 09:37 PM
DavidsPlanes
Cool!

Just signed up. Does that make me NECPO member #5 or some such!?

Nice work guys!

David.
Sep 18, 2011, 10:24 PM
Thread OP
Hey David, I think some thing like that!
Last edited by Pitstop000; Sep 18, 2011 at 10:37 PM.
Sep 20, 2011, 09:17 AM
KM6UBL

Left Coast Member

Howdy,
I signed on. Glad to support.
-Robert
Sep 20, 2011, 12:10 PM
Number six here, and looking forward to something or other in the near future!

Mark
Sep 21, 2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks Dad!
Fantastic job with the website
Oct 16, 2011, 09:54 PM
Thread OP

"Update"

Update.

It’s been a month since the NECPO website was announced.

We now have 26 members with 12 actual North East members. The list is growing slowly but surely.

Name: NECPO-Logo.png
Views: 252
Size: 31.1 KB
Description:
Oct 17, 2011, 01:34 PM
KM6UBL
Very good. A certain parable about a tortoise and a hare comes to mind.
Oct 25, 2011, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop000
Update.

We now have 26 members with 12 actual North East members. The list is growing slowly but surely.

Attachment 4353504
Anything new Paul? Just checking...
Oct 25, 2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop000
Update.

Attachment 4353504

Oct 27, 2011, 10:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfh
Hook57
I wish there was something going on with NECPO, my recent attempt to get involved with them was met with about the same response you have just received.

Too bad, it would be nice to actually have something local.

John, your recent attempts to get involved was to become a member and less than 24 hours later was to have your membership removed and state and I quote,

Paul
Please remove my information from NECPO web site and cancel my membership.

I’m going to pass on pattern.

Thanks
John

This is a grassroots effort if you haven’t figured that by now, be part of it or not that’s up to you. I answered what I could answer for you in the e-mails at the time. I’ve come to the conclusion that you are very impatient and expect instant responses “Service First” If you wanted or want instant answers then use the cell phone number on the site then you’ll get me live, I’m not big into e-mail and prefer face to face or phone.

I’m a nice Guy John but don’t think I’ll just stand by and be attacked over and over on both forums, try that locally bud!

It’s not easy starting a group from scratch and it relies on others with the same interest and passion, you don’t like what we’re trying to do here then just keep going!
Oct 27, 2011, 10:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hook57
Hey Mark

Ralph and I have been discussing a newsletter of some sort to get info out to members as it becomes available.

There’s not much other than that to report right now.
Oct 27, 2011, 12:17 PM
Service First
Paul,

You posted my name, full address and phone number on your website with out my permision, in this day of identity issues, I think you need to rethink that policy, or at least let people know your doing it before you post it. That is the primary reason for having it removed.

And seeing as you want to post emails here is one that I never got a response too.

"Paul is there anyone in the area flying these type planes? At my club in Torrington it’s mostly arf sport planes and gasser Extras hanging on the prop.

You asked on the web site how you could get more people interested, well I am a perfect example of someone interested that’s getting disappointed with trying to get involved.

I found “pattern” by accident, a good friend worked for Hirobo and passed several planes down to me, one was a pattern plane. The information I did find got me curious.

I am totally new to “Pattern” and “Classic Pattern”, I want to learn, can’t find the info I want doing web searches and can’t seem to find local help or a place where people fly “Classic Pattern”.

I want to fly all year long, not just at events, I also don’t want to practice alone, it’s no fun and without good critique, you never get better. And at this point, I wouldn’t even know what to practice. I’m not interested in winning the Nats, but flying with a purpose instead of just wasting fuel sounds a lot more fun.

By next year, I could have a plane built and tested, be sharing the experience at my club, and possibly getting others involved.

Just my observations, I do appreciate the information you have provided.

Thanks
John"

I asked 3 times where people fly pattern in CT and got "we are planning events next year".

If you wanted a phone call, you could have said that, no problem here.

I would have loved to be part of it, I tried 3 different times to find a local field to see pattern. I asked for a face to face, I offerd my observations as a new person trying to get involved with a new area of RC and despite our differences, I'm still interested, would like to meet you, shake your hand, and SEE up close and personal, a Classic Pattern airplane and see it being flown.

It's a hobby, it's supposed to be fun
Oct 27, 2011, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
John, your info was posted in an area that only actual members could access, so members can find and correspond with each other. All clubs have an actual list and contact info for members. The info is not available to anyone accessing the site and only available to other club members. If that was the issue then you should have let us know, that change to you info could have been made but that would limit another club member from being able to contact you and that is the purpose of NECPO, to get us all together.

“I asked 3 times where people fly pattern in CT and got "we are planning events next year".

I tried to answer this before, as far as I know there is no one location that guys are flying Classic Pattern planes in numbers. If there was we sure would have heard about it. I don’t even fly a Classic Pattern Plane every time I go flying, Were not in the 70/80’s when everyone was flying these planes. Like you said it’s not fun to be the only one flying a Classic Pattern Plane.

John, when I originally saw this e-mail from you I was excited at what you wrote especially the part about.

“I want to fly all year long, not just at events, I also don’t want to practice alone, it’s no fun and without good critique, you never get better. And at this point, I wouldn’t even know what to practice. I’m not interested in winning the Nats, but flying with a purpose instead of just wasting fuel sounds a lot more fun.”

I was thinking this is the kind of passion that NECPO needs to grow and how at some point I definitely wanted to meet and fly with you, I did comment about you being local, but I didn’t get a chance to respond before you pulled out. This all transpired I believe in a 24 hr period this past weekend as I look at all the e-mails from you. I’m not online 24hrs a day, 7 days and can’t always respond in hours, it sometimes takes me days to get back to people. This in fact is a Hobby and should be fun and not frustrating like my Job.

"Paul is there anyone in the area flying these type planes? At my club in Torrington it’s mostly arf sport planes and gasser Extras hanging on the prop.

It was this part of the e-mail that slowed my response; I was going to see what I could have done to put something together so you could see a plane flying. That didn’t happen though, seeing how thing transpired. but other local members in CT are going to read this that are close to you so you might get someone near you sending you an e-mail, pm, etc. letting you know when and where they might be putting a Classic Pattern plane thru it’s paces.

PS/ Way to much typing for me! Huh
Oct 27, 2011, 02:43 PM
Service First
Thank you for the reply, obvious there was a communication gap.

You have my number
"I "still" want to fly all year long, not just at events, I also don’t want to practice alone, it’s no fun and without good critique, you never get better. And at this point, I wouldn’t even know what to practice. I’m not interested in winning the Nats, but flying with a purpose instead of just wasting fuel sounds a lot more fun.”

Quick Reply