Dec 29, 2015, 01:13 PM
I must admit that I took your Bixler values without taking care of the default values. When testing I had to decrease most of them to suit to my model.
So I will increase the MPU6050 LPF from 21 to 44 Hz and also increase the P and I values. I will turn off the AccX on the motor outputs.
Rudder volume on the rudders in P2 results of the fact that I don't have installed rudders and so I want to use differential thrust in fast forward flight, a method that works great on my VTOL Cargo.

I will report of any success.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2015, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciervapilot
I must admit that I took your Bixler values without taking care of the default values. When testing I had to decrease most of them to suit to my model.
So I will increase the MPU6050 LPF from 21 to 44 Hz and also increase the P and I values. I will turn off the AccX on the motor outputs.
Rudder volume on the rudders in P2 results of the fact that I don't have installed rudders and so I want to use differential thrust in fast forward flight, a method that works great on my VTOL Cargo.

Increasing the MPU6050 LPF will allow for a slight increase in stability feedback without oscillations. Using a higher frame rate, as would be allowed by using S.bus will allow for a further increase in stability feedback without oscillations and have a larger overall effect.

In general, the smaller and heavier loaded the model the higher the stability feedback values need to be. Your model is pretty light and is only medium small. It also has lots of aerodamping due to the wings. It might be OK with PWM input, but S.bus will be better.

Differential thrust instead of rudder in FFF does work well. Usually 10% to 20% is plenty.
Jan 02, 2016, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciervapilot

What vibration value is the FC reporting?
Jan 14, 2016, 08:01 AM
Hello All,
The answer probably is in the previous post but maybe somone can / will answer it here:

Which type of controller software do you guys use to control your vtol?
I've build this vtol:
based on a tricopter layout, and am using -stuggling actally with- a kk board with the OpenAeroVTOL software flashed on it.
I'm wondering is this the real thing??
Jan 16, 2016, 12:58 AM

one more step of success

I don't have any movies or pictures to post, but the weather warmed up enough to complete a successful forward flight test.

Had to move the CG forward about 6 inches, so the original CG I was using wasn't the right one.

It turned out to be just forward of the point equi-distant from the front and back motors.

I'll re-run the hover tests, then move into transition testing.

This plane is real close now.
Mar 21, 2016, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david chiu
kk v5.5 2212/1250kv+30a/p+fc-7x4.5*3+11.1v-4500mah...total power 2400g. Fly weight 1600g
你好,可以留一下您的联系方式吗,我想请教您几个问题。
Mar 21, 2016, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chiu
[attach][attach][attach]Attachment 6121771[/attach][/attach][/attach]
I come from China,too. I want to ask you some questions.How can I touch with you
Mar 24, 2016, 10:42 AM
Name: DSCN3985.jpg
Views: 185
Size: 572.7 KB
Description:
Last edited by David Chiu; Mar 26, 2016 at 10:01 AM. Reason: add
Apr 05, 2016, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092
I've got a thought regarding yaw control - why not swap the CW and CCW propeller pairs and reverse the controls & gyro direction to compensate? That way, when you wish to yaw right for example, the rear right and front left motors speed up instead of the rear left and front right. Now any frame twist will actually work in the same direction as your desired rotation rather than fighting it.
How to reverse the gyro direction on kk board ?
Apr 05, 2016, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkshayS
How to reverse the gyro direction on kk board ?
Based on my notes from using a stock KK2 a few years ago... Go into the Mixer editor and look at the sub menus for the motors, Probably CH:1 through CH:4. Look at the Rudder: volume and you should find 2 of the motors with positive values, probably +100, and two with negative values, probably -100. Change the positive values to negative and the negative values to positive. If you then go into the "Show Motor Layout" screen you should see that the arrows that indicate the direction of prop rotation have been reversed.
Last edited by Ran D. St. Clair; Apr 05, 2016 at 03:02 PM.
Feb 15, 2017, 11:16 PM
Its been quite some time since I've made an attempt at my QTR, but I'm back at it.

I've had successful fast forward and hover flights, however have crashed it since then.

one of the things that I'd like to improve is the vibration that is coming from the motors.

I've balanced the props, but there still seems to be a good amount of vibration.

When building a plane such as this out of foam, what are folks doing to put the motor frame cf rods in a stable way?

It would be good to have some tried and true methods to build this model.

I've been looking through all the pictures in this thread and don't really see how other folks are doing it aside from one that specifically mentioned aluminium rods.

Thanks for any help.

Mike B.
Feb 16, 2017, 12:26 AM
I use 5mm inner diameter bearings and 5mm carbon rod. The rod is usually a little to big so I give it a few hits with some sand paper for a nice snug fit. The bearings are hot glued or gorillia glued in place to the foam.
Feb 16, 2017, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt
I use 5mm inner diameter bearings and 5mm carbon rod. The rod is usually a little to big so I give it a few hits with some sand paper for a nice snug fit. The bearings are hot glued or gorillia glued in place to the foam.
I like that idea.

How far are the motors normally mounted away from where the rod leaves the bearing away from the center of the plane?

I was wondering if maybe my motors are mounted too far from that point as well.

BTW, I'm using arrow shafts.

Thanks.
Last edited by barjunk; Feb 16, 2017 at 01:04 AM.
Feb 17, 2017, 01:11 AM
The longest rod I had was maybe a little over two feet long. I suported it with 4 bearings. A big thing I see most people do is mounting the motors on top of the shaft instead of having the motors mass centered around the shaft. It'll save a lot of strain on your servos and allow you to use smaller/lighter ones. Pick a good servo also. It should be ball bearing and metal gear at least. Some of the Corona ones develop a lot of slop unfortunately.
Feb 17, 2017, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt
The longest rod I had was maybe a little over two feet long. I suported it with 4 bearings. A big thing I see most people do is mounting the motors on top of the shaft instead of having the motors mass centered around the shaft. It'll save a lot of strain on your servos and allow you to use smaller/lighter ones. Pick a good servo also. It should be ball bearing and metal gear at least. Some of the Corona ones develop a lot of slop unfortunately.
I'm not sure what you mean by "having the motors mass centered around the shaft".

What does that look like when mounted?

Quick Reply