Thread Tools
Dec 07, 2011, 08:56 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucknut
Ooops, didn't realize that option was available in your program. Thanks, Bill!
You're very welcome.

FYI, the grids are useful for (accurately) estimating dimensions. Once they've served their purpose, they should be turned off.

Cheers,
Bill Segraves
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2011, 09:37 AM
Registered User
Otto,
What power system you use in the 46" Flyguy?
Thanks
Jason
Dec 07, 2011, 10:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatala
Otto,
What power system you use in the 46" Flyguy?
Thanks
Jason
Hi Jason, My 46" just happens to be my fly girl (my daughter, youtube video). I'm using an Exceed 63m13 28-26 1080kv motor that I ordered from hobbypartz.com. It is inexpensive. I also bought a cheap 20amp esc from them. The prop is a GWS 8x6 cutdown and balanced to 7x6. Before you cut the Depron make sure that you leave room between the sides for your prop. Widen if necessary. The battery is 3s and 1800mah but you can up this to 2200mah because the head ballast is needed. Either battery will give you long flights. I used a cheap $5 parkflyer receiver from HK and two old parkzone metal gear servos. I would recommend servos larger than the 9g variety. You can usually get the parkzone for $10 from any hobby store.

Any 150w motor or greater will work. Focus on higher kv so that you swing a smaller diameter prop. Once you know your prop, adjust the body width to accomodate. Building any of the Flyguys wider is not a bad thing, it improves roll response. Best.
Dec 07, 2011, 10:20 AM
Registered User

Ultraman flying


I just finished my Ultraman
cut it out with Phlatprinter
It`s very fun to fly.
With 8x6 prop, motor1200 kv. , 30 amph. esc., 2,200 mah.3s batt.
I combine the plans from Mr.Otto Dieffenbach and Mr.KenChin.
Thank for fantastic design

ultraman (1 min 33 sec)
Last edited by NIGHTMAN12; Dec 07, 2011 at 10:35 AM.
Dec 07, 2011, 10:27 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHTMAN12
I just finished my Ultraman
cut it out with Phlatprinter
It`s very fun to fly.
I combine the plans from Mr.Otto Dieffenbach and Mr.KenChin.
Thank for fantastic design
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQmreDfRkZU
Looks Great!!! Glad to finally have another one in the air.

Anyone else have one flying?
Dec 07, 2011, 11:56 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHTMAN12
I just finished my Ultraman
cut it out with Phlatprinter
It`s very fun to fly.
With 8x6 prop, motor1200 kv. , 30 amph. esc., 2,200 mah.3s batt.
I combine the plans from Mr.Otto Dieffenbach and Mr.KenChin.
Thank for fantastic design

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQmreDfRkZU
Looking good Nightman12.
Question:
why servo location is too far from the elevator. Is that will make it weaker for the rod when pull?
Dec 07, 2011, 12:19 PM
When pigs fly rc
rcrich's Avatar
nightman12
can you take a picture looking straight down the body from head to tail. looking down the neck.
Thanks rich
Dec 07, 2011, 12:22 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach
Hi Jason, My 46" just happens to be my fly girl (my daughter, youtube video). I'm using an Exceed 63m13 28-26 1080kv motor that I ordered from hobbypartz.com. It is inexpensive. I also bought a cheap 20amp esc from them. The prop is a GWS 8x6 cutdown and balanced to 7x6. Before you cut the Depron make sure that you leave room between the sides for your prop. Widen if necessary. The battery is 3s and 1800mah but you can up this to 2200mah because the head ballast is needed. Either battery will give you long flights. I used a cheap $5 parkflyer receiver from HK and two old parkzone metal gear servos. I would recommend servos larger than the 9g variety. You can usually get the parkzone for $10 from any hobby store.

Any 150w motor or greater will work. Focus on higher kv so that you swing a smaller diameter prop. Once you know your prop, adjust the body width to accomodate. Building any of the Flyguys wider is not a bad thing, it improves roll response. Best.
Otto,
The motor you recommended is out of stock. I think I will pick this one:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/75m14-opti...12-1360kv.html


What do you think?
Jason
Dec 07, 2011, 12:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
nightman12
can you take a picture looking straight down the body from head to tail. looking down the neck.
Thanks rich
Both side front and back from head to toe please.
Dec 07, 2011, 01:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatala
Otto,
The motor you recommended is out of stock. I think I will pick this one:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/75m14-opti...12-1360kv.html


What do you think?
Jason
This should work fine on the 46". kv and wattage is higher then mine which will be great. Cutting down a GWS 8x6 to 7" should work too or leave it at 8" and widen the body. Best.
Dec 07, 2011, 01:44 PM
Thread OP

Will these help????


rcrich and whatala,

Here are some shots of my 46" that I just took. Let me know if you need additional shots, easy to do. It's not Ultraman but my daughter. Servos are located forward for CG and keeps servo wires short. Servo wires add more weight then control rod length. Servos can be mounted above or below center body. Important to use 5 or more sections of coffee stirrer (small straw) glued to the side and wrapped around control rod to eliminate bending.
Dec 07, 2011, 06:40 PM
Registered User
Hey Otto how do you do your photographic skins? By which I mean how do you get the size right, do you stick them on the foam then cut or cut the foam then stick them on, and what are they printed on? I'm keen to apply some photographic stuff but could do with the tips before I get printing.

To the guys wanting to print tiled pdfs - if you update your acrobat reader to version X (free upgrade) it gives you the option to print tiled when you print a full scale plan. If you don;t see the option, it's probably because you are using an earlier version.

download link here http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
Dec 07, 2011, 11:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion explosi
Hey Otto how do you do your photographic skins? By which I mean how do you get the size right, do you stick them on the foam then cut or cut the foam then stick them on, and what are they printed on? I'm keen to apply some photographic stuff but could do with the tips before I get printing.

To the guys wanting to print tiled pdfs - if you update your acrobat reader to version X (free upgrade) it gives you the option to print tiled when you print a full scale plan. If you don;t see the option, it's probably because you are using an earlier version.

download link here http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
What I do is fairly simple. You want 4 photos of the head you want to put on the Flyguy. Using a blank surface as a background (door), take a front, side and back picture of the head you want to use. You may want to take a left and right side or later just flip one before you print. Be sure to be looking up in the Flyguy head position for each shot. Have your camera person fit as much of your head in the frame as possible. I next determine the length, height and width of the images I'll need based on the Flyguy plans. I transfer the images to my computer and use powerpoint (or similar program) to adjust size to whatever size I need. You can use standard paper or spend a buck and get some good glossy inkjet photo paper and print the images. Cut the images out. The left and right should overlay perfectly (if you flipped an image) or you may have to trim to match if using separate R/L images. The front and back of the head should also be trimmed to the same profile. These now become your patterns for cutting the Depron head profiles. Save the images because you will always roll up on the face during landings and will want to replace the image after some wear. Good luck.
Dec 08, 2011, 04:46 AM
Registered User
thanks otto very helpful! so you don't think it's worth printing on to adhesive vinyl or using decal paper or spraying anything over the graphics to make them more durable?

Just print on to good old paper, glue it down and go!
Dec 08, 2011, 06:13 AM
NewFlyer
KenChin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHTMAN12
I just finished my Ultraman
cut it out with Phlatprinter
It`s very fun to fly.
With 8x6 prop, motor1200 kv. , 30 amph. esc., 2,200 mah.3s batt.
I combine the plans from Mr.Otto Dieffenbach and Mr.KenChin.
Thank for fantastic design

OMG ! Are those my plans? Do the parts fit easily? Sorry guys... i have no time to build one yet...

It needs more colors... don't forget the light on his chest..


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 48'' GRX-V1 3D Foamie(FREE PLANS)In multiple sizes and formats Get Real 3D Foamies 444 Jan 26, 2015 01:10 AM
For Sale 25" drill bits for the modeler in 3 sizes!!! unclegeorge Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 5 Sep 13, 2011 06:23 PM
Sold 25" Larger drill bits for the modeler in 3 sizes!!! unclegeorge Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Sep 10, 2011 10:46 AM
Help! 2.4 Rx placement in foamie fuselage rhysduk Radios 4 Mar 18, 2011 04:12 PM
common carbon sizes for 3mm depron foamie Joa Foamies (Kits) 1 Sep 03, 2005 04:11 AM